Contenders 5 Pretenders 2

On balance, a good January.

6-2-3

But a bummer of an ending heading into the ASG break.

1. Danno says:

I’m hoping PK teaches Richards the true meaning of respect tonight.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

2. PeterD says:

Please, you have to be kidding.  Re-watch the video at the 12 second mark.

Kulemin comes into the scrum jabbing Gleason with gloved hand and stick still in hand…Gleason dropped his stick and his basic response looks like “OK you want to go, it’s on”…then drops his gloves and starts protecting himself.

Kulemin go what he was after and a bit of what he didn’t think he might get.  Sort of a shame when someone like a Kulemin can go around acting so tough because they have goons like Colton Orr or Beauchmin on his team.  He got what he deserved.  Lesson learned (if he’s smart).

I don’t blame Gleason at all…of coures I am not a Leafs fan and basically could not give a crap what those goofs do on that team.

3. SensFanSpezza says:

Uh oh.  Did Arpon steal some of Booner’s thunder?  Nothing worse than someone passing off your ideas as his, is there?

4. SensFanSpezza says:

Right here, my friend.  And I meant the CANES will catch the Habs, not the Sens.  Even I’m not THAT delusional.  The Canes will catch the Habs.  Feel free to come back and quote me then.

5. RGM says:

You want another target, a military target? Then name the system!

6. punkster says:

And woe betide the Centurion who ignores the system!

***Subbang!!!***

7. solomio says:

Mike Richards right ! That’s who I was meaning. I don’t think PK should go there

8. JIMVINNY says:

Pierre just called St. Louis and Stamkos a “marriage made in heaven.”

Projecting much, Pierre?

9. Gormdog says:

People go into scrums all the time, but they go to hold others back, trash talk, mayyyybe facewash. If you fall under the umbrella of “softies” (see Kulemin, Nik), you shouldnt be throwing actual punches with your gloves on against a nasty player. It aint pretty and for sure It’s a major penalty on Gleason, but, 110% Kulemin had it coming.

10. punkster says:

We’ll do our best to cheer on your behalf J.J. Get a good nights sleep.

***Subbang!!!***

11. HFX-HabFan says:

Sorry, more specifically, an online feed.

12. Da Hema says:

What is this lesson to which you refer?

13. sidhu says:

I disagree, too — they were engaged.  A player not having a fighting record doesn’t entitle him to hit the other guy in the face, nor does it preclude the other player from responding.  (Notice I said responding — Gleason did not initiate).

In any case, here is what the Leafs coach himself said about it:

“They were in a fight,” Wilson said after the game. “He got it right in the face. The appropriate action happened. It wasn’t a sucker punch or anything. Kulie was throwing punches with his gloves on and Gleason dropped his gloves and beat him to the punch.”

14. JD_ says:

A rookie gets booed.

Is there a bigger badge of honour for this kid?

15. joeybarrie says:

Sorry SFS. I don’t buy it. I remember the posts you two were going back and forth about, and your Sens were called out for playing poorly this season. You replied by saying that they would catch up to the Habs… By the way, the Canes also will not catch up to us.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

Peter, I think the boys will have their heads up tonight, and if we skate like we can and stay disciplined out of the box, we will take these schmucks.

17. RGM says:

Eastlink 369 works for me. :)

18. JIMVINNY says:

PK and Richards getting started early…  And Carcillo sticks up for poor little Mike Richards.

19. topher5468 says:

I knew I smelled your foul stench, your far to trusting

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

20. JVF says:

Carey’s going to be the man and DD, Pouliot and Darche will drive them nuts. Two points.