Carey Price

That is all.

1. UtahHabsFan17 says:

double post

2. Tharsis says:

lol yeah…As much as I hate it when TO fans poke fun, We must embrace their smurfy awesomeness!

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

3. petrov14 says:

I’ll take 3-2 Habs in OT

______________________________________ Gionta IS Captain.

4. petrov14 says:

Does your avatar say “Habs top line”? I never noticed before, lol.

______________________________________ Gionta IS Captain.

5. Tharsis says:

Bruins looked pretty bad this afternoon.  Slow/Lazy/Tentative/Unbalanced brings a smile to my face 🙂

Plus I have Horton and Ryder in the HIO fantasy league.

Boston has an embarassing loss and all their point getters are on my roster.  Win/Win situation.

‘cracks open beer’ Ahhhhh

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

6. Danno says:

I’ll double that Harani. 6-2 Habs.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. topher5468 says:

Bob Errey will be on CJAD, What a total douche, Totally disrespected the Habs last year on the air on NHL live. I would love to say “Screw you and your boy friend Steggy”.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

8. Danno says:

CP will soon stand for Crowd Pleaser and silence all the critics

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

9. Les-Habitants says:

Canadian Press? haha

10. Harani says:

I predict 3-1 Habs! What about you?

“It must be love!”

11. topher5468 says:

Nice job Mr Boone, I can’t wait for Careys’ Kick ass game. Tonight would a grreat night!!!

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

12. UtahHabsFan17 says:

Having Cary’s nickname as CP is not good. hahhaha CP stands for something totally wrong.

13. Hagar says:

The Phaneuf trade makes the Kessle trade look brilliant.

14. Danno says:

I remember Larue. He had a cooking show once. I hope he refs better than he cooks.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

15. showey47 says:

As soon as ron maclean and the rest of the clowns come on the air,its my cue to change the channel.

16. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

PJ is actually PRAISING the Leafs PP on Thursday night…….I think I’m gonna vomit

17. showey47 says:

It’s no secret that he had limited to non existent offensive upside,he also seems to be slow when it comes defending against puck cycling in his own end against smaller,quicker players which forces him into taking holding or hooking type  penalties. If i’m the opposing coach i’m telling my players to dump everything in his corner and doing an aggressive 2 man forecheck on him.

18. Danno says:

Just one more reason to like PK. What a guy.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

19. showey47 says:

tonights refs dennis larue and… kyle rehman??????

20. Lafrich says:

2-0 Habs. Prove ME wrong.

21. Willy the bum says:

Cool. Wish the Habs luck!

22. TOEmastro says:

understood, but lets just see what happens, cool beans?

23. Willy the bum says:

Sorry, it just that the team has made some changes over the summer, so now’s the time to see how the Habs will fare against a vengance team like Pittsburgh.

24. Mike Boone says:

Price was a RFA with no arbitration rights. So even coming off a heroic season, the club could have signed him for $2.5 million to $3 million for one year. That tells Price: “OK, do it again and cash in big time.” They could then sign Pleks as well. Come July 1, 2011, if Price has another monster year he gets the huge $$$ … which they can afford with Hamrlik and Gill coming off the books … depending on what it will cost to keep Markov and Gorges.

Do you want Gauthier’s job?

25. TOEmastro says:

give me 5 hours. Although disproving something you pulled out of your A** is hard for anyone to do.

I don’t meant to instigate, but really, that line begs for retort

26. Willy the bum says:

5-2 Pens. Prove me wrong.

27. Chuck says:

Mike, I think that Price will see something in the 35-40 range.

28. nightmare_49 says:

The two teams lineups + Preview – About the Canadiens – Seth Rorabaugh from Empty Netters

About the Ice at Console Energy Center – by Shelly Anderson

The Flyers didn’t much care for the quality of the ice at Consol Energy Center Thursday. Montreal, the Penguins’ second opponent, practiced there today and offered mixed reviews — team captain Brian Gionta called it “a little soft,” but defenseman Hall Gill said it was good. Then again, Gill is closer to a sycamore than a smooth skater.

The Penguins have had their issues with the ice at the new arena, but they have been careful to be politically correct because so much about the CEC is first-class. Still, they are quietly saying the ice needs to get better since they are a team that has its share of skill players who can fly.

“The ice is a flux situation, and it always will be,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said today, pointing out that things such as changing weather affect the ice conditions. “It’s never great for long periods of time. They’re always working on it.

“The first couple of days [of training camp] were not great. They’ve come a long way in making it a lot better since the beginning of training camp.”

29. Harani says:

P.K. Subban coaches the Toronto Aeros in Pittsburgh. Here’s the clip.

“It must be love!”

30. avatar_58 says:

So is Robert Lang a UFA? I miss Lang 🙁

31. JF says:

I’m not optimistic about tonight.  Our defence is very vulnerable, and breakdowns are likely to end up, as they did on Thursday, in the back of our net.  Our dismal powerplay is a huge problem, since we don’t score much 5-on-5.  Until Markov comes back, we’re going to have a tough time winning games, and I fear there’ll be lots of one-goal losses as there were early last season.  I just hope we can find a way to stay with the pack until Markov’s return.

But even with Markov (and Hamrlik), I’m not happy about our defence and would like to see an upgrade somehow.  Gorges is probably our most reliabvle defenceman, Gill’s season form is nothing like his playoff form, Spacek has been terrible, and the pairing of O’Byrne and Picard is frankly scary.  What’s happening with Mathieu Carle?  He was fairly reliable the couple of games he played with us last year.

32. PrimeTime says:

Who’s they??? Nuck fans and local media doing their Laff impression??? Yours is a typical response from a narrow minded and half empty minded person to a very interesting question followed by a thoughful and introspective reply. Way to add no substance to the discussion as usual X.

33. Propwash says:

Hopefully our speed will be our advantage. I say Cammy gets a goal and assist tonight.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

34. larisalapointe says:

Mr. Xtra, I respond to you wearing my rose-coloured glasses. Price was never going to be traded. Never. PG along with many GMs know his value even if you don’t. 2 reasons.  1)  He will be stellar for the habs. 2) You do not give your enemies a loaded gun with the barrel pointed towards you. A kid like Price, on a better team, would have already won a cup and conceivably a Vezina, therefore blocking this team from cup glory for a long time.

They would only trade Price if he asked for one, or in about 10 years when he’s still good for other teams but not a threat.

35. Propwash says:

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

36. MathMan says:

Losing Wideman will hurt them badly. Much has been made of their forward and with good reason, but nobody has been looking at their defensive depth at all and Chara can’t do everything by himself.

All those viewing the Bruins as a goaltender also seem to think Rask is a career .924 goaltender right out of his rookie season which would incidentally make him the best goalie in NHL history.

37. darcy1 says:

they do in this case..

btw- nice avatar.. i miss the ‘spos!

38. darcy1 says:

I agree with you on the terms of what each player means to their team (Montreal needs Markov more than Boston needs Chara), but I think they are very comparable as far as world-class talent they bring to the rink – even if they are different skill-sets

39. showey47 says:

Great response.

40. Xtrahabsfan says:

First of all you guy are delusional if you think they couldn’t keep Halak and trade Price instead to acquire Eller and by the way by not signing Darche you almost have the monetary difference. And as for Carey …Yes he made a couple of good saves vs the Marlies but we lost to a CRAP TEAM.And Price is no Giggy and Giggy is what the Habs need.The Habs management better start TO GET THERE HEADS OUT OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ARSES and admit there trying to TANK the year to the fans….Where’s our McIntire,Where’s our Goaltending,Where’s our De fence and Where’s our Big Proven Center. I live next to the Vancouver Nucks and they all predict the Nucks too take it all! Why is this NOT THE CASE WITH THE HABS??? Tonite is goinna show all you crazy fans what’s really up and YOU are going to be Pissed at games end….get ready to up grade your ROSE COLOURED GLASSES ,I heard they come in 3-D now ,lol

41. danedmunds says:

guess i spoke too soon.. scoring will come from…. horton… that is all

42. kempie says:

I agree I guess, but on the other side of the equation, Markov > Chara by quite a margin.

43. PrimeTime says:

One word: Truculence……Burke is a meathead. His failure as Leaf GM will be defined by the Kessler trade,  Komi contract, and the soon to be seen failure of the Monster. They are years away from a playoff position.

44. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Just curious,  how does his shoulder problems explain why he constantly and consistantly takes brain-numbingly stupid penalties?  His only redeeming quality was shot blocking,  he sucks offensively and defensively.  I really think Burke threw all that money at him just because he was a hab and the fact that he is American.  Burke is also a hypocrite for calling out other GM’s for driving up player salaries, yet that is exactly what he did giving Komi that obcene contract.

45. PrimeTime says:

Great answer, Boone!! 🙂 But it begs, the question…..does Price get the same raise and if not do we still sign Pleks?

46. Exit716 says:

That is one terrible contract. I’m looking forward to see what happens next time he has to face Lucic. I’m sure Lucic wants to kick his butt after Komi decided to take his head off in game 4 against the Bruins in 2009.

47. Exit716 says:

Wow. Versus is promoting all the third rate goons signed by Eastern Conference teams. Wow. Can you tell that Versus is somewhat controlled by the troglodytes that own the Flyers? What a joke.

48. Mike Boone says:

No. But if Price had succeeded in the regular season and had a great playoff run, Halak would have been buried as the number-two goaltender and therefore of little trade value. With no bargaining power, Jaro probably would have signed for Alex Auld money and stayed.

49. showey47 says:

IMHO there are about 4 teams who are a lock for a playoff spot being the caps,pens,devils and whoever wins the northeast. Then there teams who should finish at the bottom 3 like the islanders,panthers, and leafs. Leaving the other 8 to be a crapshoot depending on players meeting expectations and staying healthy.

50. danedmunds says:

agreed, D is really bad and where is the scoring going to come from without savard and sturm… i figured boston a shoe in for division

51. PrimeTime says:

I was just a speed post directed at the Price critics. BOS D does look bad. Julien may not last the season.

52. danedmunds says:

wish the habs were playing boston tonight…. terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible….. and i have rask in my fantasy pool 🙁

53. showey47 says:

beauty goal,4-0 yotes.

54. PrimeTime says:

Agreed. 3 breakaways on a defensive minded Julien coached team is not going to make him very happy. BOS could be a playoff bubble team. PHX looks fast! 4-0

The reason we are Hab fans

55. danedmunds says:

i think rask is playing really really well, has stopped 2 or 3 breakaways. boston looks terrible

56. showey47 says:

That goal was the 3rd breakaway given up by the bruins. After chara,their D i feel is very average.

57. PrimeTime says:

Great question,  Showey!!

“People build teams in certain ways. I’ve always traded for futures – not pasts.” – Sam Pollock The reason we are Hab fans

58. showey47 says:

He’s had shoulder problems for at least 3 years from what i remember. Considering his game is solely based on being physical and shot blocking you would have to wonder if he is even going to make it to the end of his contract. I still wish gainey had traded him at the 2009 draft though. I feel it was a very good oppurtunity missed.

59. PrimeTime says:

PHX 3 – BOS 0 – I guess Rask sucks too

The reason we are Hab fans

60. showey47 says:

2-0 yotes over bruins halfway through the 2nd,game is on tsn.

61. _Habsoloutly_ says:

what was his excuse for sucking before the shoulder surgery?

62. showey47 says:

Question for you mr. boone. The other day when you posted that the habs traded halak to be able to sign pleky (which i totally agree with). In your opinion,do you think price would have been traded if he was the one who had the regular season success that halak had and the same playoff run while halak struggled? Not trying to throw a loaded question at you,just looking for an opinion from someone who gets alot closer to the players and management then we do.

63. diehardhab says:

I love gorges but comon hes no comparable to chara

The torch be yours to hold it high!

64. Mike Boone says:

To be fair, he’s still coming off shoulder surgery. But yeah, not nearly worth what he’s making.

65. showey47 says:

tsn reports komi has been moved down to the leafs 3rd defensive pairing,lol.

66. Aybara says:

The only thing that worries me about that is the injuries he’s sustained. Three rather long injuries in the past two now three seasons is slightly unsettling, especially as he gets older and he becomes more fragile.

67. jbroderi says:

I’d be ok with that.  I think we may be able to get him for 6 or 6.25, but 6.5, providing he has a decent year, would be fair!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

68. scrowe21 says:

Depends, if he can make it through the season without another major injury I guess.. aslong as we can keep Gorges too

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

69. darcy1 says:

Anyone against giving Markov the same extension Chara got? I’d take that deal in a heartbeat

70. Thomas Le Fan says:

Where have I heard that before? Go Habs!

71. yathehabsrule says:

Probably been posted here before, but I suspect many an relate to this.

Alyonka Larionov on Twitter! “Only clean shirt left: #Habs Representin’… “

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

72. TOEmastro says:

someone in the room just shivered because a strange joker-like sound came outta me at work. I tip my hat to you sir

73. CharlieHodgeFan says:

I dunno. Toronto’s in first place, and the Penguins are tied for last.

Stats don’t lie.

74. habs youngtimer says:

it will be a rout tonight.

bet on Pitt.