Liveblog: Cammalleri to Calgary

bourque
Mike Cammalleri was intercepted in the tunnel on his way to the ice for the third period.
He was sent back to the room to talk to Pierre Gauthier.
The upshot: A trade to Calgary (where Cammalleri has played before) for René Bourque.

AUDIO: Pierre Gauthier | Carey Price I and II

Morning skate AUDIO: Mike Cammalleri | Josh Gorges | Hal Gill | Claude Julien | Patrice Bergeron (on Marc Savard)

The Canadiens battled the Bruins for 60 minutes.

And maybe the best is yet to come.

Though not necessarily this season.

1,085 Comments

1. habs-fan-84 says:

If it’s Bourque it’s a good deal.

2. tote-road says:

from wikipedia:

René Gary Wayne Bourque (born December 10, 1981) is a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger who currently plays for the Montreal Canadiens

3. ABHabsfan says:

Wow, who was it that said Cammy would be traded to Calgary and was ridiculed on here? Oh yah, he’s sitting in my chair. Though I don’t know what it says about me that PG and I were thinking alike. I hope we get Glencross or Bourgue not Jokinen. Probably Bourgue because he has a french name and from a french-named town ( Lac-la-Biche).
    I thought the Habs played well tonight. Lots of chances and guys worked hard. As usual, can’t bury the biscuit when it counts. Patch is snake-bit

4. Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

Nice! A Pseudo sniper for a pseudo power forward.

____________________________________________________
    They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

5. Mondou6 says:

I guarantee the anticipation is 100 times more exciting than whoever we get back.

We’re trading a tiny, overpriced, malcontent, non-scorer from a position of extreme weakness. It’s safe to say we’re getting nothing of any interest back.

If all we get is cap relief, fine.

6. English is not a Crime says:

They traded him for a French coach and Jocelyn Thilbault

If indeed it is Calgary, I will lose it if the name Matt Stajan is involved.

8. Bertuzzi says:

I agree with Mattyleg. I will be happy to see Cammy leave, but he’s not a bad player or a bad guy. He was Montreal’s hero during the playoffs. I wish him well.

9. Mattyleg says:

This site is mega-slow.

It’s to Calgary, apparently.
    Who for? Rene Bourque? David Moss?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

10. aj says:

This is a drum roll! RDS is saying Cammalleri has been traded BACK to Calgary.

Who then, I don’t think it would be Jarome Iginla. Hopefully it is someone else.

11. habsfan0 says:

Cammalleri traded to Toronto for Luke Schenn,Phil Kessel, and a French-English dictionary.

12. savethepuck says:

So who did we get for him ffs. better be good.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

Mr. John Bellyfull, I would like to take this time to officially thank you for the Beautiful Mike Cammalleri T-Shirt I got from you at the Summit this year, I needed a new Yard work shirt, lol.

14. Habzfan says:

Heard he’s gone to Calgary.

15. coachdoug says:

Cammy to Flames

16. slapshot777 says:

Everything is in the toilet. The team, the GM, this site. Can’t get a damn thing to post.

17. kempie says:

Please be Getzlaf

Please be Getzlaf

Please be Getzlaf

18. Just A Guy says:

I guess I’m not alone here waiting with an ominous black cloud hovering over the Bell Center. I have no faith that PG can get something in return for Cammy.

Then again I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited during a game this year when the news was announced. Let the guessing game begin!

19. dtoight says:

I say to Toronto for a 3rd round pick and a prospect

20. big al says:

Too bad Gionta got hurt – now we can’t trade him!

21. sims says:

remember when halak went and everyone expected backes or similar?? i expect this to be another headscratcher (nothin against eller)

22. like a boss says:

what teams cant cammy be traded to because of his NTC?

23. Duke_Rauol says:

I am so scared that there is a GM out there right now, opening a bottle of Krystal, calling Sather , laughing and saying, “you wont belive this, they did it again!”

——————————————————————-
    We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold……

24. habs-fan-84 says:

If only there was a way to get Getzlaf here…sigh

25. temekuhabs says:

PJ is a tool

26. Mattyleg says:

There must be something more to this than meets the eye.
    I doubt that what Cammy said last night has anything to do with him being traded. Perhaps there was something else going on in the room that we don’t know about.

I’m going to miss him. He played very well for us, gave us lots of excitement, scored clutch goals for us, and made us proud.

Anyone sitting here saying good riddance has a very, very short memory, and should be ashamed.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

I’m thinking he was just calling it as he saw it, can’t fault that.
      I don’t think anyone on the team has been put in a position to succeed.

As sad as 1995-2003 to me.
      ____________________________________________________
      They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

27. RGM says:

The train wreck that is the 2011-12 Montreal Canadiens went a little more off the rails.

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is probably not our year!
    Chat with me on Twitter @TheRealRGM81

28. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I don’t usually enjoy bad-mouthing any of Our Players …even in the worst of times …but, Cammaleri ? …good riddance to foul excrement :(

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

29. English is not a Crime says:

To the Leafs to get Komisarek back?

30. slapshot777 says:

Guys, what is it with everyone here we sh!t on everyone on the team and then once they are traded we say how hard they tried, or we liked them as a player. What a bunch of turn coats we are.
    You can’t have it both ways. Cammy shouldn’t have said what he said to the press and he knew better. Maybe that’s why he played his hand that way knowing he would get traded. Will he may have gotten his wish.
    Just, what did moron PG get in return?

31. topher5468 says:

Totally agree with Craig button, Montreal Canadiens organization has not acted in a professional manner all season long. From Pearn to Cammalleri. Bush league

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

32. Adidess says:

Ok, you know what. Some people on here really hate PK Subban. He had no time to react to Ference’s attack, therefore could absorbed the blow.
    Btw, blaming that second goal on PK when his guy was with him in the corner, Pleks overstated the puck, Gorges deflected it in is incomprehensible…

33. Just A Guy says:

I don’t like it, at this point in the season, Cammy’s contract… I have no faith in PG to pull off something that might benefit the habs.

Please tell me its at least a 1st rounder…

My guess… The Peg or St Louis, Annaheim perhaps?

34. The Dude says:

Wanna bet Cammi for Penner…..

35. Muckbringer says:

we played well and have many things to improve on. good game, chin up, were better than we were yesterday. take it while you can lads!!!

36. D Mex says:

RDS (Brunet) just announced that Cammalleri has been traded.
    Details TBA.

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

37. Habbu says:

And the demolition and implosion has begun………..

38. kempie says:

OMFG what a freakshow!

tsn says cammi traded, don’t know where yet

40. RiverviewCanadien says:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
    Mike Cammalleri has been told he’s been traded. Doesn’t know where yet.

41. 4EverHabsFan says:

When I look at this team… Gionta… Gomez? Nokelai-blah? Darche? Kaberle? Gill? Cammalleri? Moen? Blunden????? AK-shoot blanks 46… How would anyone think this was a playoff team? I am an optimistic guy, but the Leafs roster doesn’t have as much of other team’s DEAD weight we have… Other than AK46 who is our dead weight… It is too depressing to watch this year… I don’t expect a Cup, but My reason I follow this team is hoping that Price, Emelin (this guy actually hits guys EVERY night… unlike Subban’s 5 big ones a year), Gorges, Pacioretty, Cole, Eller do well… Hoping that LeBlanc, Mini-Gallagher, and some of our youth pan out to be something. As for the rest, Subban is terrible this year, sophmore season… look at Jeff Skinner… I hope the organization will take a look at the roster and not blame this brutal team on RC just yet… Just in Cammalleri for a bag of pucks and broken sticks and cab fare…

42. slapshot777 says:

Beautiful just freakin beautiful. Team just sinking further and further into the abyss.

43. Clutch10 says:

Cammy traded, will go to another team and come back to haunt us. Rinse and repeat….

44. daveho29 says:

Too bad about the way things have gone with Cammalleri, he understood what it was to be Hab, at least when he first arrived.

I’ve always liked him and the way he played.

45. t1tan5 says:

Defensively, it’s been a pretty solid game. These asses are averaging 5 goals a game the last 12 games. Two goals ain’t too bad in that context.

46. gmur says:

That was hooking on Eller…

47. Goggles Pizano says:

Damn, imagine had Subban tied it!

48. SUMO says:

maybe cammi’s been traded?

49. habs178 says:

If Cammy was traded, as the hockey world is speculating, it better have been worth it.

50. The Dude says:

Gauthier ,if you traded Cammi for another shrimp I’m gonna kick your arse,lol

51. Malreg says:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
    Reports are that MTL has pulled Cammalleri out of the game, put him in cab to team hotel to await further instructions. Trade is possibility

52. HabsChick says:

Jesus, this is like a frickin’ soap opera.

53. LeNordique says:

Twitterverse is saying Cammalleri trade is a possibility…when was the last time a player was pulled from a game because he was traded?

From Bob McKenzie:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Could this season get any stranger?

54. Habbu says:

Cammy to the Stockton Thunder for a Starbucks gift card!

55. gmur says:

RDS says Cammy’s been pulled by the Canadiens brass… no injury.

56. Corson27 says:

Cammy is ok just stepped out for a hit of biosteel.

………………………………………….
    I am sick and tired of mediocrity

57. Looks like Cammy has been traded.

58. aj says:

Its also nice to know we have an actor named PK Subban after he was hit by Ferrence.

59. Muckbringer says:

as well as theyve been calling the game, they CANNOT let boston lose.

BS,BS,BS,BS!!!

60. t1tan5 says:

Cammalleri trade as the situation stands with him right now would mean that we are dealing from a position of weakness ==> fleecing alert.

61. gmur says:

Whither Pacioretty? Whither Plekanec? My Kingdom for a hockey player…

62. deuce6 says:

Kypreos is saying on Twitter Cammy may have been traded:

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper

Told #Canadiens Cammalleri has been pulled off ice for 3rd period by team. Also told he is not hurt. A trade could possibly be in the works

Basu’s take:

Arpon Basu @ArponBasu

Wow RT @renhockey: #canadiens Mike Cammalleri n’est pas blessé. Retiré du match par l’équipe. No injury for Cammalleri. Team decision.

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

• gmur says:

For a heart and a soul…

• ffenliv says:

I would find that pretty frustrating. So he’s having a bad year, on a team full of players have bad years, with only a few exceptions.

He has been quite valuable to the team in the past, and he has a bad 1/2 season, and is thrown under the bus?

On the other hand, the whole ‘we play like losers’ thing seems to have gone over like a lead balloon.

63. immortalhab says:

Haven’t been on the site since PK and Plecky had it out in practice. Now Cammy is giving it to his teammates. What’s happening in Mtl?

The problem with fans like me is taking pride in the glory days, and as a culture. I can’t cheer for anyone else even if I could. Even though I hate EVERY decision the club makes.

Just you wait until the nordiques get a team. Everyone in Quebec will turn their back on Mtl because they will make smart decisions. They will even allow French Canadian players to play and not fuck around with language debates. The Habs will sink to the bottom of the septic tank and like a moron, I’ll keep cheering for them, just to smite the Nordiques-Separatists and the Bruins. Help me! Give me the number to a good therapist.

64. Chuck says:

Nice dive, Benny.

65. habs-fan-84 says:

Weber makes a case.

66. aj says:

Right Now, I feel like watching a Jacques Martin Canadiens game. That would also include the Subban high elbow hit on David Krejčí.

Ok, 2-1 PP goal by Weber. 7mins to go, and….

67. joshbenn says:

finally!!!!!!!!1

68. gmur says:

Subban, in a way, is smart in turtling. A goal here? Yes.

69. RiverviewCanadien says:

Now that was dumb by PK.

You lay out a hit like that, and curl up in a ball. What do you think the Boston Bruins are going to do when one of their players gets hit like that?

Stand up for yourself!

70. Corson27 says:

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along.

71. PureGuava says:

High hit on a guy with concussion history by the biggest coward to ever wear a Canadiens uniform.

“Of course I’m crazy, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.”
    – Robert Anton Wilson

72. homerbowen says:

PK got a death wish?

73. habs-fan-84 says:

Love it, if we’re going to go down, at least go down fighting.