Liveblog: 0-for-Cunneyworth

UnitedCentre

With their 5-1 loss in Chicago, the Canadiens are winless in three starts under their new coach.
And they play again in Winnipeg on Thursday night – against a team fighting for a playoff spot.
Good tee times available in early April.

1. ZimHabwe says:

You know what these mother suckers need? Kovalev! They need mother suckin Kovalev. (Well, yeah……I’ve run out of ideas). Add him to the 3rd or 4th line and put him on the power play. I mean…..remember the days we had the best power play? Remember the sweet dangles Kovalev had coming from the right on the power play?

(Disclaimer: Before I’m flagged for vulgarity “mother suckers” refers to extent of which our team sucks. That is, the mother of all sucking. However……..)

2. slapshot777 says:

Why does RCA care if he wins or loses. The people have spoken, they want a French speaking coach. RC will not go any further behind the bench then the end of the season.

What doe he have to prove, play lousy and he is gone, play great make the playoffs and unless they win the cup he is gone.

Someone tell me how he can win in either situation. This is what the people of Quebec wants and they are so friggin stubborn to change and rather have this kind of team then try and improve.

They rather look stupid and pathetic then look smart and be a winner.

3. gumper says:

Well, that was the most heartless period yet, this year, from a team that keeps establishing new lows in heart deficiency. Positives?
    1. One game closer to a new GM
    2. One game closer to a high draft pick.
    Fifty years a Habs fan. I can remember some lows, for sure, but have never seen a mess quite like this one. Wish to hell I could just start cheering for the Sens or Leafs. At least they’ve got a pulse.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Still not as bad as the centennial season.

• Wayne says:

That’s about how I feel. For me, it all started with the Boston beatdown last year… then then Patches freight train incident. From then on, it’s like watching your best friend deteriorate into oblivion. I’ve been a Hab fan for almost as many years and it’s officially, for me, as sad state.
      I’ll also say that what the MTL press did by dumping on Cunneyworth, won’t be forgotten by me. I’ve never seen a more insecure, whiny-assed group of people in my life.
      As far as rooting for Leafs or Sens? Personally, not going to happen.

4. Habbu says:

The panic button is stuck permanently in the ‘On’ position & it doesn’t seem to make a damn bit of difference. Can we start selling now please? Why wait for two months? I get the felling the players are like most of us – “what’s the point we ain’t goin’ anywhere”

5. ooder says:

oops double
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

6. topher5468 says:

5-1 Mr Boone. Goodnight

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

7. habsfan0 says:

If Habs keep on losing, I predict Cunneyworth will resign because of all the pressure. Then to appease French media, Molson will hire Bonhomme Carnivale as his replacement.

8. HotHabs says:

Sit PK
    Send LL back to Ham.
    Sit Campoli and/or Diaz, and bring Emelin back
    Trade Cammi (and Gomez, Gionta)

9. Rickly33 says:

Let the blow outs begin, they look like their lost.

10. HABSsince92 says:

The thing I’m worried about is that if the Habs continue to suck are there can’t miss prospects for the 2012 draft? I’m talking a Crosby, OV, Kane, Hall, RNH type superstar? With the Hbas luck this will be the draft where there isn’t any sure bet superstars to take lol.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

11. PureGuava says:

Let’s hear it for Bob-O….He’s starting to give Milbury a ran for his money. His ‘rebuild’ looks as bad as the Luongo trade and the Yashin deal.

12. habs-fan-84 says:

It’s become so sad/pathetic, that I literally laughed out loud (instinctively) during the last 3 goals.

I hate to say trade Cammy, because he’s truly been “money in the bank” in the playoffs, but unfortunately, it’s a case of “what have you done for me lately”. He is simply terrible.

13. duffy says:

I would personally like to thank Mr.Gainey and Mr. Gautier for this fine team they have assembled.

14. habsperspective says:

Goooooatier, goatier, goatier, gooatieeeeer, goooatier. Goooatieeer, goatier.

No seriously go now. And take Boivin with you.

15. TDOT_HABSFAN says:

Horrible!!! There is no hope if they play like this!

16. slapshot777 says:

PG mike as well resign now before he gets fired, and he will be fired at seasons end. Molson should fire him before he does something stupid to try and save his a$$. Then again what am I saying the management is so screwed up they got their head so far up each others arse, they take on the personality of the way this team plays on the ice.

17. Ton says:

A salute to all of you that thought Martin was the problem. he would have gotten us out of this. he’s an experienced coach, we would have had no language bull shit problems. Gauthier was the guy to go first and then bring in a new GM fire martin keep martin etc. now this is a total farce were in now!

18. novahab says:

GD its not even Xmas yet and the season is over. I love to see only 10.000 fans at the Bell centre the next home game .

19. smiler2729 says:

Pathetic lol

___________________________________
    Jack Edwards sucks chowdah chunks

20. tork45 says:

Subban needs to sit!

21. Feraco says:

Keep your heads up boys!!! Feels like we will never win again but it’ll come.

Let’s home this is rock bottom

22. ooder says:

the thing is.. they are not even poorly coached
    they are playing pretty well as a team, but every single stupid brain fart ends up in the back of the net.
    and please no more french b.s.
    this is so far from being an issue. it is embarassing and gives the habs even more garbage.
    last time the team cared more about being french then winning we ended up with mario tremblay and houle.
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

• TomNickle says:

The players who played like they were actually interested in winning a hockey game could be counted on one hand.

Cole, Subban, Gill, Diaz, Plekanec, Gorges.

Okay, one deformed hand but one hand nonetheless.

23. Hali_Hab says:

Well time to watch some real hockey det vs van

24. Laramy87 says:

Im usually a pretty optimistic Habs fan. After tonight I have nothing to say.

Hopefully the first ass-kicking of the year (first loss by 4 goals or more) will smarten them up. I doubt it tho

25. Habsolutely says:

I really hope we “Nail” a lottery pick…

26. ZimHabwe says:

You know what these mother suckers need? Kovalev! They need mother suckin Kovalev. (Well, yeah……I’ve run out of ideas). Add him to the 3rd or 4th line and put him on the power play. I mean…..remember the days we had the best power play? Remember the sweet dangles Kovalev had coming on the right on the power play?

27. Captain aHab says:

I’m really hoping Molson fires PG before he pulls off a ridiculous trade to try to save his job.

28. The Dude says:

This is what happens when your coach can’t speak french! TABERNAC

29. Rickly33 says:

Relax let them lose, that’s the only way we’ll get change for our team. Half of the players don’t deserve to be in the NHL and I’m being generous.

30. riddler says:

7 shots? Not even close!

31. 4m3y2j says:

POOR BUDJI-JUST HUNG OUT TO DRY

32. Habbu says:

Habs starting to remind me of those storied Leafs teams of the John Ferguson Jr. era. Remember those that we giggled and laughed at because they were just so pathetic.

• 24moreCups says:

Montreal Maple Leafs? I hate the fact the most storied franchise in the NHL is starting to look like a joke around the league with the whole fans calling the cops on Chara, the media really making a big deal over the language issue.

33. PureGuava says:

Did Kaberle play?

34. slapshot777 says:

I bet if they had a game in practice red versus white the game would end in a scoreless tie. The shoot out would not have anyone score and they would have to give up because the players have gotten tired.

35. HotHabs says:

Pull the goalie???? Really????

Sit PK
    Send LL back to Ham.
    Sit either Campoli or Diaz, and bring Emelin back

Hey, I called 5-1…

36. FuzE_gus says:

Nothing is going right, has been planned right, is being executed right with this Habs team. I’m so disheartened. To so look forward to the season and end up with this cr@p…man this just plain sucks. Congratulations Gauthier, you are officially a genius. Hope you’re happy.

With Regards from FuzE_gus

Way to rub it in. Hilarious… Poor bastards.

38. avatar_58 says:

Are they going to blow this up yet or what? IT DOESN’T WORK. These guys aren’t playing together. Look at Cole – he is doing fine, just has no one to pass to.

Get rid of the vets that dog it, clean out that useless 4th line, find a backup that doesn’t crap the bed and let’s go already.

The year is done, just admit it for crying out loud. Get some picks

• TomNickle says:

Cammalleri’s play lately makes Gomez look like Lafleur.

You’re absolutely right. Problem is, you can’t put this on Gionta or Gomez. This comes down on Gorges, Gill, Cammalleri, Moen and the veterans as you say.

There has to be some accountability at some point.

39. TomNickle says:

Embarrassing.

40. Toe Blake says:

Embarrassingly crapful!!!

41. LL-not the hockey player says:

I hope to see Emelin next game.

42. Pucknut says:

Nobody on the Habs really wants the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Corson27 says:

Pathetic, enter me into the tank section please.
    Trailing and about 7 shots in the third.

………………………………………….
    I am sick and tired of mediocrity

44. novahab says:

Cammy wants out sit the SOB and trade him to worst place he doesn’t want to go. Cammy you are a disgrace you have layed down but you sure the hell don’t want that chegue to bounce.

45. danhabsfan says:

Not Budaij’s fault at all… this team cannot score.
    That is the top brass’ fault

46. Going outsde to shoot some pucks, who’s with me?

Shane Oliver
    Brandon, MB,Canada
    R7B 2R7
    hockey@sholi2000.com
    Ph- 204 724 8418

47. 4m3y2j says:

CAMMY’S/KOST. WORK ETHIC IS REALLY A THING OF BEAUTY TO BEHOLD,THEY REALLY EARN THEIR MONEY-

48. coachdoug says:

Starting to look like JM was getting all you can get from this team…Let the PG watch begin

49. darcy1 says:

Lets forget winning this year. go for a good draft pick and turn things around (if there’s a) next year.. A lot like the flyers did a few years ago!

——————-
    The Bruins are the “Starley Cup Champians”??

50. Captain aHab says:

Well they came close to winning. OK not really. The Jets are licking their chops.

51. danigord says:

why did we pull our goalie again.. we need the puck first

52. novahab says:

Now Cunneyworth this is what you got now what the hell do you do with it. I know PG threw the man into this mess but they better get togther and start showing the fans they won’t except this kind of piss poor effort. I love to have 5 minutes in that dressing room I be throwing hay makers at as many players i could catch.

53. Hali_Hab says:

Ol cammy AGAIN! It’s commical

54. SKHab says:

I should have quit at 3. Oh, well. I live to cheer and hope, another day.

So that’s what cheering sounds like.

Smart move changing coaches just before a 6 game road trip which starts against two of the leagues top teams.

PG really knows how to play his hand.

57. slapshot777 says:

Three shots in this period. I’m so fed up with this team. All these years you would think that someone would make some smart moves to improve this team. Between this fu…cling language issue and dumbs a$$ moves.

They have found ways to further regress from season to season if that is possible.

58. RC-51 says:

At least with JM’s ‘system’ we would get points for going into OT/SO in games like these. With RC’s coaching were losing in reg time. Can we REhire JM? At the very least he spoke French! BS!!?????

59. coachdoug says:

Forwards are completely out of synch…puck carriers can’t gain the zone clean…Just goes to show that all the missed opportunities haunt you later…should be 3-3 if we had some finish

60. danhabsfan says:

Ok… sit Diaz and play Emillin

61. PureGuava says:

You think they look bad now? Just wait til Gomez is healthy….

62. Toe Blake says:

Not even I could win with this sad-ass team!

63. danhabsfan says:

Why can’t these boys play in a 3rd period

I feel a Pearn coming on….

65. novahab says:

PLAY OFFS! PLAYOFFS! THIS TEAM MAY NOT WIN ANOTHER GAME THIS YEAR!

66. JIMVINNY says:

Toews, you had to have hooked him for him to get hold of your stick like that. Just be glad neither of you were penalized.

67. habsfaninboston says:

WTF is Subban doing out there?

68. slapshot777 says:

Habs can finish last overall and the people in Quebec will call for a French player instead of Nail. That’s how stupid things are on this fu..cked up team right now.

69. JERM says:

Some advice for Cunneyworth, make PK watch from the press box until he gets his head out of his you know what!

70. Captain aHab says:

I guess it’s time to fire Carrière now right? I mean he must be responsible for ths.

71. Clay says:

Amidst the doom and gloom, I would like to point out that if we replaced the unused salary on the team right now (Gomez, Markov, Gionta) with real players who are worth the salary, this would be an OK team.

Gomez should be in the minors. Markov may never play again. Gionta is good, but only 3.5 million a year good. I can see keeping Gionta, but the other 2 need to be off the books (or Markov playing).

*EDIT*
    Oh – and Cammy needs to stop sucking.
    __________________________
    “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau.

• Habsbill24 says:

Markov at 33 recovering from two major knee surgeries will never again be the player we remember.

• SKHab says:

I think that what you are saying makes a lot of sense. Imagine having all of the salary that you are talking about playing. I know that we cannot control injuries but to have, in theory 3 of the top players that we have on the roster playing, as if they are top players.

72. Habfan10912 says:

Good news might be this could spell the end of the Gainey/PG era

73. JERM says:

Hey Boone, this must be painful for you. Having to blog game in and game out. At least I can turn off and tune out this crap.

74. goal4429 says:

Do they care? It just does not look like it!

• Habsbill24 says:

Is there any reason to wait to fire Gauthier? Why allow him to do more damage? I would not let him make any more trades like the Kaberle disaster. Why waste another half. Season?

75. temekuhabs says:

Trade the Cammaleris’ Kostitsyns bury Gomez in the AHL, tank the season, get a high draft pick