Amazing!

4751021

Down 3-0 against Thomas, the Lightning scored four unanswered goals to tie the series.

Mike Smith HAS TO START Game 5 for Tampa Bay.

Teddy Purcell, Ryan Malone, Dominic Moore, the unlikely Sean Bergenheim … lots of heroes for the Bolts.

And the Boone Reverse Jinx is alive.

Was the diving call on Downie the worst of the playoffs?

Lots of competition. And Boston is a frequent beneficiary of horsespit reffing.

Discuss.

1. etobon says:

test with sign +

follow me at http://www.google.com

2. etobon says:

test with no web site but signature

3. etobon says:

test with no web site

4. backchec says:

Just wondering for next season with the cap going up to 64 million if we can’t find the money to sign both Wiz and Markov.Seems to me the signing of Yemelin makes Hamrlik expendable.What he lacks in experience he will make up for in grit,hard bodychecks and vastly better skating ability.Spacek who we are stuck with can be a healthy scratch on many nights and if we are really desperate for that occasional veteran presence he can suit up.We’d be doing Spacek a favour by letting him play not more than 50 games. Markov-Wiz;Subban-Gorges,and Gill-Yemelin could be potential pairings,with Weber or Spacek being the 6th- 7th D,until we get a handle on Yemelin’s transition to the NHL..Tinordi is the heir apparent to Gill’s spot but not sure we’ll see him until 2012-2013 at the earliest.Bye Bye Mara,Sopel and Hamrlik and you have some $$$ to consider signing Wiz.

-Doc

5. Psycho29 says:

What a horrendous anthem singer…I think he was channeling Bill Murray…

6. 1010 says:

Still waiting to hear from Dr.Recchi as to whether or not Downie injured himself on the ‘dive’.

GO ABB…

7. PeterStone says:

Considering he’s 6’9″ , i have never seen as big a guy as chara go down as easily .. as for Kaberle, easily the most overrated player in the NHL. if it wasnt for bergeron this team would already be golfing.

8. DarthWade says:

One thing that bothers me about TSN’s hockey coverage is that we hear Pierre McGuire use the phrase “out of gas” about 1,000 times a game. I like the guy but come on – it’s like he gets a royalty every time he says it. Yesterday it seemed like it was in every second sentence.

This game was a great example of why one should never turn a game off when it’s still early. When it was 3-0, I was thinking of just switching it off and going to play video games. I said nah, watch a bit more, you never know….thank god I didn’t.

9. habsfaninboston says:

What? No “About last night” thread, Boone? I’m still looking for an explanation on the embellishment call on Downie who left the game with a possible head injury.

10. Propwash says:

Kay, I missed the game, but saw the highlights. Somebody please explain how Downie got a diving penalty on that…….

11. LA Loyalist says:

Ok, it’s a slow night. What # of posts will HIO hit if MAB wins a Stanley Cup with Tampa?

> 500
    >1000
    >1500
    >2000

Does anyone remember what the record was during the Price/Halak wars last summer?

12. TheThinker says:

Thomas vows Boston will win series

13. HabFarmer says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but did McGuire actually say “I like the hot guys”?

Hmmmmmmm…….

14. CHsam says:

I think Tampa is figuring out that after they pot one or two past Thomas, the Bruins crumble.

• Habsman93 says:

Why nothing on the Hamilton Bulldogs? They were down 3-0 losing each game by a goal. The series is now 3-2 with the next 2 games in Houston, game six Sunday afternoon @ 5 pm can be heard on 820 Cham Radio on the internet. Winner of this series plays Ottawa’s AHL team for the Calder Cup. GO DOGS GO

15. pmaraw says:

i imagine horton wont be suspended… boston is pretty much getting away with murder this year.

16. TheThinker says:

Congrats to tampa, hope they can win two more

17. Rob D says:

12:00 pm..perfect weather,,beautiful women out jogging, old dogs on leashes behaving like puppies, peace and love reineth over the provincial backwater known as Ottawa..

Time to watch hockey!

Errrrrrr..no..I skipped the game entirely and played tennis. AFter 3 weeks of horrid weather I needed to get out and show off my Federer/Nadal/Djokovic form.

I will never watch a 12 pm game…EVER..even if the Habs are playing a Game 7. Frig you Bettman..

18. DearyLeary says:

Nick Kypreos just called Jonathan Huberdeau: Hoobadoo…. what the hell?

19. Sal says:

Fix is in. Campbell and cronys working their wonks to ensure a Brooooon win. TB don’t let the pricks get away with it. NHL=Bush League!!!

Sal from the Hammer

20. JF says:

Congrats to the Bolts. They looked dead at the end of the first period. I think the turning point was actually the Bruins’ powerplay to start the second. They were skating as though the game were already won, and it was the Lightning who seized the momentum.

21. HabFanSince72 says:

I believe this has been said before but I want to add my voice:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

• HalifaxHabs says:

careful now, some of the more sensitive Boston admirers might get upset that you are celebrating their epic choke job.

• ManApart says:

Hate to be the devil’s advocate, but you do remember there was a team who was up 2 games to 0 on Boston and also up 3-1 in game 4, poised to take a 3 games to 1 lead, and subsequently collapsed to lose the series?

• LA Loyalist says:

Well that was an impressive choke by the ‘Ruins and

I have to tell you though, it was weird getting up this morning here in LA and seeing that the game was at 10:30 am LA time? What the f is that, Gary? Was there a conflict with a Bosnian badminton tourney or something? Nice work with the tv deal.

Jerque.

22. HalifaxHabs says:

hahaha… oh man Boston… they can change the players all they want, but the franchise will always be the king of chokes.

weird that the usual pro-Boston clowns aren’t out right now to tell us all about how Boston has built a team to get it done in the playoffs.

• Favorite Son says:

Ok there, relax, it’s a tied series and they can still win…

• HalifaxHabs says:

don’t worry son, I’m totally relaxed.

History guarantees a Bruins collapse. That should make any Habs fan feel relaxed.

do you need to relax?

• Favorite Son says:

Yeah I’m good, thanks. I want nothing more than to see Boston lose this series, but the thing is it’s still tied and I’m pretty sure the Bruins won’t just bend over. I think it’s going to a game 7.

• HalifaxHabs says:

think about this for a second… this is a Habs fan site, I post a comment reveling in major defeat of our teams biggest rival.

and I have to get ripped for it.

congratulations on going out on a limb on your prediction for the series. You, me, and a whole lot of other people think it’s going to game 7

but thanks for pointing out the obvious fact that the series is tied though

• The Cat says:

You are relaxed, but youre also a bit of an idjit.

• HalifaxHabs says:

name calling, on the internet, by a man who fancies himself a cat.

this has to be a sign of something imminent, maybe the world still will end today

• G-Man says:

That chowdah always gets stuck going down.

23. kempie says:

So where’s Jonson and that Dbagforlife mook now to analyze today’s meltdown? Still sobbing in each other’s arms I guess.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

They’ve crawled back down their troll holes where they belong.

• BsFanforLife says:

Morning Habsolutely. Ive missed you

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Believe me, we haven’t missed you. Why do you come here Bruins moron? Do the Bruins not a have a place on the internet for their fans? This is a habs fan blog. Do you really need attention so bad you have to come here and troll. Get a life.

• Jonson says:

dude you have to be kidding! sobbing? i could care less who wins this series. i believe that boston will so thats why i support it. it has nothing to do with liking the bruins. im a canadiens fan and i guarantee i know more about them than you and habsolutely. if you listen to my posts than you would see that its not cause i like the bruins its just that i find they have a good team. If you two are going to be so narrow minded then turn off the tv and come back next year. Go ahead and bash them all you want but it just makes you two look like idiots. the real hockey fans on this website are appreciating the good hockey even if it includes the bruins.

24. Exit716 says:

That idiot Kevin Paul Dupont on Twitter called the Downie penalty pulling a “Subban”. I thought the Boston Globe hired reporters that were professional compared to the Herald, I guess not.

• SeriousFan09 says:

I’m pretty sure once you get a degree from a Boston university, they ask you to leave the city, it would explain a lot.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

This season was the final straw for me and all things Bawston. I hate the city, the media, the fans and the team. Classless douchebags the lot of them. Boston is one of the few places on earth where dropping an atomic bomb would be an improvement.

• habsfansince91 says:

what about philly?

• Favorite Son says:

Ok so everyone from Boston is a douchebag? Just like all Habs fans torch cop cars, right?

• mike3131 says:

“habsolutely” right… I used to be a Red Sox fan but I couldn’t stand to know that the people who fill Fenway park are the same douche bags that fill the TD Ga(AAA)den.
        When I went to Boston a couple years ago, there were people selling t-shirts saying “Peyton Manning Sucks” and on the back said “Eli Sucks too” (clearly Peyton is the best QB in the NFL and Eli was good enough to beat the Pats in the Superbowl)… that’s Boston for you right there. Bunch of sore losers and crybabies.

25. Sean Bonjovi says:

Is there a team in the whole league without major, identifiable flaws? I haven’t seen a team all season that looked so good that they couldn’t lose… for any more than a few games that is. I’m giving up on guessing which team will win any game. It makes for some pretty entertaining hockey though.

P.S. Pierre McGuire was almost bearable today. I think lead changes keep his hyperbole from gathering momentum.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

26. rocketsglare says:

Another monumental collapse by Boston. Don’t you just love it!!

27. Haligonian-Hab says:

Can anyone please explain when/where and $$ of this H**sinsideout summit?

• GrimJim says:

Once a year HIO members get together for a weekend of events. Friday we meet in a bar to watch a road game. Saturday is breakfast, Bell Centre tour, pre-game meal and charity auction, home game, and meet HIO staff in a bar afterwards. Sunday is recovery (or maybe breakfast). Past two year’s its been a Nov weekend. Cost is about $100 for game ticket, $120 a night hotel, tour is about $10, travel costs and food. Budget $700 minimum if you don’t live in Montreal.