Amazing!

4751021

Down 3-0 against Thomas, the Lightning scored four unanswered goals to tie the series.

Mike Smith HAS TO START Game 5 for Tampa Bay.

Teddy Purcell, Ryan Malone, Dominic Moore, the unlikely Sean Bergenheim … lots of heroes for the Bolts.

And the Boone Reverse Jinx is alive.

Was the diving call on Downie the worst of the playoffs?

Lots of competition. And Boston is a frequent beneficiary of horsespit reffing.

Discuss.

1. G-Man says:

Dose Brucking Fuins looked great today! Keep it going, you black and gold floppers.

2. Keith says:

Great game Bolts!!! Could not BELIEVE the diving call on Downie! The guy is a douche but he didn’t embellish that hit imho. Missed the first picking fiddleheads but saw the second and third and was very impressed with Tampa’s fight and Mike Smith’s saves. Timmy the Tuna got rattled as well! This series will go the distance! Go Boucher! Go Bolts!

3. EricInStL says:

wow, it seems Gary Carter has 4 small brain tumors. Get well Gary…

4. EricInStL says:

Guy cannot go to Rollie for game 5….

5. hansolo says:

Good for St. Louis, he deserved it, and good for Tampa Bay!

6. Ayan_SB says:

Pierre: I don’t know Gord, I like the hot guys.

Hahaha

7. hansolo says:

Just like their players, coaches should also not shave during the playoffs. I’m trying to imagine how Julien would look. JM would look even more like a leprechaun. A beard would hide Boucher’s right cheek scar but I don’t he wants to hide it.

Nice reverse jinx Boone. No way TB gets 4 goals on TT right. ;-)

9. habsfansince91 says:

The Bruins blow another 3-0 lead. The legend lives on.

It’s the Kaberle/MAB crapfest.

11. hansolo says:

Mr. Floppy is being found out. I take back what I said earlier about Broonz perhaps being a team of destiny…

12. _Habsoloutly_ says:

F’ Ya! Screw you Boston trash!!!

13. CHsam says:

Re: Ryder and Higgins. I wonder how they would fit into JM’s system.

Re: draft day… That Sean Couturier looks interesting. 6’4 C …. Too bad we’re not drafting that high

14. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Purcell is really having a great post-season. 16 points in like 15 games? Good Newfoundland kid.

15. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ref blew the whistle before the horn even sounded. lol. Tell me Boston doesn’t get help from the refs.

16. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Of course it’s a brutal call. The ref had to call Horton, so he decided to help out the Bruins a bit by calling one on Downie. Too easy. Bettman wants to payback Jacobs for his contract by making sure the NHL is fully behind Boston ending their cup drought.

• pat s says:

Habsolutely–listen man, it is great that you go for the habs, but holy man, the bruins are in the conference finals b/c they are better than us–end of story. This blaming the ref bs remeinds me of boston fans saying the samething when we beat them. Move on and just enjoy the games–my thoughts.

17. issie74 says:

I think the fix is in. Mr Jacobs has paid the officials.

18. olematelot says:

How can that idiot Peel be considered as one of the top 8 refs in the league

Downie for embellishment the call from the NBC booth.

20. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Lets go Bolts! Send this trash back to Boston where they belong!

21. Duracell3 says:

DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK~

It’s hard to write any of these remaining 4 teams off.

23. habstrinifan says:

“BTW, has the world ended yet?” .. Bet , right now, Neely’s sure it is about to.

24. hansolo says:

@ MathMan:

Maybe the shooting percentage odds are starting to even out?

25. 4m3y2j says:

It looks like the RAPTURE is coming a few hours early for those BEANTOWN A%$%$#%HOLES.

Hey Boone-Nice to see that you took notice of my advice yesterday….

26. habstrinifan says:

OH WOW! Neely’s gonna be sick!

Ole!!! Hilarious. It’s not over yet but what a come back, so far….

28. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Yeah, those Bruins are real world-beaters alright.

Gotta give props to Tampa for not giving up.

Tukka. Tukka. Tukka.

30. kempie says:

Meltdown much? … Again?

31. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Boone, regarding Marchand, I read this today in the Chronicle Herald. Marchand banned his mother from coming to his games, seems like a great guy.

32. bel33 says:

YEESSSS!!!!!! 3-3!!!!!!

33. showey47 says:

LMFAO,bruins blow 3 goal lead in about 4 minutes.

34. hansolo says:

Mr. Boone:

“idiot Marchand”

Redundant statement, n’est-ce-pas?

35. habstrinifan says:

Wonder what’s going thru Neely’s head now? He would go bananas were Boston to lose this game.

36. Jonson says:

3 run shot by bautista!! 4-3 astros

37. habsfansince91 says:

wow what a shot

38. hansolo says:

Yes, Purcell, again!!

39. kempie says:

That looked like a Vezina moment.

Edit: x2

40. _Habsoloutly_ says:

For Jonson & Bruinsfanmoron

Truth hurts huh? The point of the article is Cambell was sending emails to NHL employee’s (REFEREES) complaining about calls made against his son. But I understand how that wouldn’t bother you being a classless Bruins fan.

• Jonson says:

ive read it all before. i wonder how you would feel about boston if you were a bruins fan?

• BsFanforLife says:

Youre an idiot. Read it again. The basis of the story is Campbells disliking of Savard! He called him a fake artist (which I wont deny he has ever embellished).

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

lol. Sad thing is, I bet you’re one of the smarter Bruins fans. You probably actually made it to grade ten. Anyway I’m done with trash like you. F*ck you and F*ck the Bruins and Daddy Cambell.

• BsFanforLife says:

I know man, I point out what the article ACTUALLY talks about and you shut down and say “youre done with trash like you”. It sucks when the truth actually comes out and youre exposed.

• DearyLeary says:

The e-mails were released when Campbell was playing for the Florida Panthers. Who’s the idiot now?

• habsfansince91 says:

Look I hate the Bruins as much as you but just because those emails came out, doesn’t take away the fact that they are playing solid hockey

• BsFanforLife says:

Those emails also lead to making sure that Campbell WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH ANY DISCIPLINE AGAINST A TEAM HIS SON PLAYED FOR! Make sure you tell a whole story and not half truths that make you look like you have an inkling of knowing what youre talking about

41. issie74 says:

I thought Guy was a magician.Time to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

42. Jonson says:

Does Boucher finally murder one his players today??

43. Exit716 says:

Poor Boucher…I wonder if he can convince Yzerman to get him a goalie for next season. Sorry, Roloson is a f’n old man joke. He should get a hair cut and retire. He flat out sucks. Boston hasn’t faced an NHL calibre goalie since eliminating Montreal.

44. Exit716 says:

I remember Ryder’s last season in Montreal, McGuire was going on and on about how maybe he had reached his full potential.

• Jonson says:

he was playing really good hockey in his last year with montreal but gainey just didnt want him here. and they could have used him in the playoffs but they didnt bother.

• issie74 says:

Jonson= that is a big fat lie.Carbonneau didn’t like Ryder and he sat him out for long periods.Look it up.
        Ryder was treated to a chorus of boo’s by fans.
        When Gainey traded Ryder he said”Ryder was a much maligned player”
        Before you put these things out there…Look it up.

• MathMan says:

Ryder’s a pretty good player but he’s not any better for Boston than he was for the Habs. The problem was the 30 goals; Ryder is good, but not as good as the market pays 30 goal-scorers, so the Bruins overpaid.

Right now, everything the Bruins throw at the net is going in, so everyone looks great, but the Bruins aren’t playing that well. They’re just facing a team with imploding goaltending for the second series in a row.

• Jonson says:

i disagree. the bruins are playing well in this series. they turn it on when the want

• MathMan says:

Tampa dominated Game 1. They also dominated Game 2, but they were done in by goaltending. And we could easily see them come back here, because they’re by far the better club outside the crease.

Boston’s situation is not unlike that of Habs last postseason. Boston is scoring on 25%-plus of their scoring chances and Tampa less than 10%. Even though Tampa is the better club, and has been playing better for long stretches, they can’t buy a bounce. Whereas Boston manages to score even when they play poorly.

Hockey sometimes works that way. It’s frustrating, but it’s a game where the team that plays better doesn’t always win.

• Jonson says:

game 2 was dominated by the bruins. they are by far the better team

the first 2 periods were dominated by they bruins but i agree tampa was all over them in the 3rd.

• MathMan says:

@Jonson: Tampa outchanced Boston over two-to-one in Game 2. They were vastly superior everywhere but the crease — even in period 2.

45. MathMan says:

“So, four goals against Tim Thomas? Uh, No.”

The Bolts average 5 goals against Thomas in games one and two. A little under 3 over the three games.

Just saying. ;)

46. hansolo says:

Re: MAB the fighter —

Yes but why didn’t Peverley take his helmet off? You know what people would say about PK in that situation.

47. kempie says:

“MAB the Fighter? Please.”

Hey, if it gets him off the ice, it can’t hurt.

48. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

We’re the only team that’s made life tough for Boston so far.

*Shakes head*

Oh well. Next year with some added bodies, we’ll take care of them.

I still think Vancouver is too good right now. At least the cup will come back to Canada.

• Jonson says:

Goes to show how close we are to being cup contenders. I honestly say that next year is our cup year.

• Mike Boone says:

I thought so, too re Vancouver. But San Jose looked great in Game 3.

Mike Boone
      Hockey Inside/Out blogger
      Gazette City columnist
      mboone@montrealgazette.com

• MathMan says:

Either way, Boston is in very, very tough if they make the SCF.

• HardHabits says:

What about who faces the Bruins (should the make it through to the next round)? Of the two, Sharks and Nucks, which team do you thinK would fare better against the Bruins. IMO it’s the Sharks.

Suffice it to say I am not as convinced that the Cup will go West as I might have been a few days ago.

• MathMan says:

Why not? Both the Sharks and the Canucks are head and shoulders above the Bruins.

Stop for a second, ignore the hype and look at the Bruins’ roster. This is actually a pretty shallow club, especially on defense. Compare with the huge depth on either Western club. They’re practically playing the SCF out West.

Granted, the Bruins have made a habit this postseason of beating teams better than they are, but as the Habs learned last postseason, that can’t last forever.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I wouldn’t say Tampa is better than Boston. Philly certainly had more depth at forward and defense than Boston, but they had a hobbling Pronger and nobody to play goal.

The Habs were Boston’s toughest so far, because we played a structured game that stifled their offense and we had very good goaltending to go along with great special teams.

Boston won’t beat Vancouver or San Jose in my opinion. Both of those teams have superior goaltending to anything Boston has seen since round one. Both teams also have superior depth at forward and Vancouver’s defense is very balanced.

The only way I see Boston having a chance is if the Western final goes 7 games and is a gruelling series that leaves the winner battered and bruised.

• HardHabits says:

I wouldn’t bet against the Bruins winning the Cup.

EDIT: Well…..

• MathMan says:

If Boston is better than Tampa, they should show it at some point.

Tampa outchanced Boston over two-to-one in games one and two, game 3 was more or less even (in this case to Boston’s advantadge since they scored early) and now this.

Even on paper Tampa is better. Their forward depth is much better than Boston’s. So’s their defensive depth. Stop for a second, ignore the hype that surrounds the Bruins, and look at their roster. This is actually a pretty shallow team.

The only reason the Bruins are even in this thing is because the Bolts’ goaltending imploded.

• Jonson says:

yeah but they just dont have the depth like vancouver. I didnt believe that Vancouver was really that good but game after game they are proving me wrong. after watching game 2 and the way they played was incredible. and it wasnt just the score. they had all their lines rolling and looked unstoppable. in a seven games series there is no way they will lose to SJ.

49. MathMan says:

“Thre goals on nine shots. That’s just tragic”

That’s Boston for you. They’ve been doing this pretty much all year — win games where they don’t outplay but everything goes in for them.

Na-na-na-na-hey-hey-hey…..

51. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ugly goal for Roloson. Bad play all around for Tampa. Add that to all the non-calls for Boston and this is what you get.

52. showey47 says:

Bolts are brutal.

53. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ryder, the guy who shows up ten games for every three years of hockey he plays. :wink:

54. kempie says:

That was fugly.

Edit – Man that was much worse. Stick a fork in em.

MAB!!

56. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Seguin got away with a brutal interference non-call. go figure.

57. habstrinifan says:

Something not right with Stamkos.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Stamkos is a great scorer, but he doesn’t strike me as someone who has that extra gear and will to win like a Crosby or even Ovechkin to a certain extent.

I wonder how Stamkos will do when St-Louis is no longer around.

58. Jonson says:

Speaking of Ryder!!!

59. hansolo says:

“Hedman is killing them”

Not exactly an advertisement for size and skill as prerequisites in a defenceman….

60. Jonson says:

bruins are in another class. this will be over in 5
    my additions to canadiens next year ( if possible) Ryder, jagr, Bieska/Brewer and erroff

61. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Funny how nobody talks about the help the bruins get. The non-calls, the non-suspensions. I guess when Jacobs told Bettman he would sign him up to a new contract the only stipulation was the NHL better help the B’s ened their cup drought.

• Jonson says:

OMG !!! enough is enough. GET OVER IT. im so annoyed with all the BS. the bruins are awesome! thats all. every team gets away with a lot of crap. MOntreal gets those calls too. Moen should have been suspended atleast 3 times last year. the only reason you notice it so much is cause we them watch more than other teams. and BTW thats all everybody talks about!!!!!!! its getting pathetic. Lets stop being Jealous and start enjoying really good hockey. i mean what is hockey anyway? its a ROUGH sport and always has been. iF montreal had a horton or a lucic we would LOVE It.

62. hansolo says:

Too bad — does one dare say the Broonz are a team of destiny? They seem to roll on, despite all the gooning they do, and the cheap shots, diving and complaining to the refs and the media…

63. jbern says:

This girl is my friend’s insurance agent here in Vancouver and word is she is getting fired because of this incident. I doubt she still thinks it was a good idea lol. I still give her two thumbs up.

64. showey47 says:

MAB sucks but i would still take him over spacek.

• HardHabits says:

You still want MAB back?

• showey47 says:

If i had to chose one of the two yes. At least mab is useful on the PP. Spacek was most valuable when he was injured.

• Jonson says:

your insane.

• showey47 says:

You rather pay spacek 3.8 million and provide virtually nothing vs paying mab his 349,000 cap hit and at least be useful in one facet of the game? Don’t get me wrong,both suck defensively and i would never want either of them on my roster. But if i had to chose one i would pick mab,at least he is useful on the PP.

• HardHabits says:

Funny that. When SpaceCake got hurt in the play-offs I silently said yes as I clenched my fist. Then he came back next shift. Still wouldn’t want MAB. One-dimensional players like MAB are a waste of bench space.

• showey47 says:

I’m basing my comment on if i had to pick one or the other. MAB is still a threat on the PP with his shot which draws attention from penatly killers which results in opening up options down low. Watching spacek is just bad for my overall health.

• Jonson says:

i mean play him on the 4th line and the PP maybe. but i dont think spacek is that bad defensively. at the beginning of the year he was brutal. no doubt about it. ( and he was def over used two years ago in the playoffs and he was arguably our best DMAn) but he got better as the year went on. and after his injury he came back pretty strong. i think he ended the year well. and a pretty decent playoffs. by far GILL was the worst D in this years playoffs.

65. habsfansince91 says:

I miss those MAB turnovers

66. issie74 says:

Isn’t it getting old Don Cherry’s hate for Swedes.

67. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Holy crap. I didn’t know this was an afternoon game! Good thing I didn’t go golfing today.

68. BsFanforLife says:

She actually made me half contemplate picking up and moving from Vermont to Vancouver and becoming a ‘Nucks fan. God bless her…..

Looking forward to your basement blog to-day Mike.!

2011 SUMMIT INFORMATION

I received two letters pertaining to our Annual Hockey Inside Out Fan Weekend Summit. One from Anna Gainey thanking us for our donation of $1200 again this past year to the Gainey Children’s Foundation. Hockey Inside Out Hab Fans have now raised over $5000 in total for this charity. We are a very generous group!

I also received a letter from Reg Houle thanking us for our continued support. And that he will see us all at next years Summit

And below I received a letter reminding us that the dates for our next years Summit will be out at the end of July. I will pick the best dates that gives us a game Friday at Hurley’s and Saturday at the Bell Center.
    (give me your suggestions, early in the season or later ?)

So pay attention to the site so you do not miss out on 2011 Summit tickets that have to be paid and ordered well in advance.
    Some disappointed HIO people missed out on tickets last year because they were on summer vacation when we collected for the tickets and ordered them.

Dave Stubbs told me he is going to line up some players to hang out with us this year.

I will repost this a few more times so more people will be informed.

Dear Mr. Cobb,

On behalf of the entire Canadiens organization, I would like to thank you for your support during this past hockey season. Gathering a group of fans for a game at the Bell Centre requires a lot of time on the part of the group organizer. To that end, your involvement is greatly appreciated.

Though our playoff run was unfortunately too short, it was nevertheless exciting from start to finish. Pierre Gauthier and his team are already planning for next season and we feel we can build on a solid core of promising young players and talented veterans.

At the end of July, we will forward to you the official home game calendar for the 2011-12 season and all the details regarding group sales and our ice rental programs. The information will also be available at the same time on our Web site, canadiens.com.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a great summer – I’m looking forward to seeing you in September. Until then, please do not hesitate to communicate with me or our group sales team.

Regards,

Pierre Constant
    Director, Group Sales
    Club de hockey Canadien

I just hope she doesn’t post that pic to her facebook profile.

• showey47 says:

Nah,thanks to thepuckdoctors.com for having an uncensored pic.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

According to Puck Daddy, she asked him to take down her pic and has since deleted her Facebook account.

I don’t get why people do stupid things like this if they don’t want it all over the Internet. I mean, I get that she was probably drunk, but did she not know it would be all over the place the next day?

71. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’d much rather see her than see the Green Mans junk pressed up against the glass. But thats just me.

72. showey47 says:

The one from the panthers game was better IMO. From the neck down anyway.

73. ProHabs says:

I thought Montreal had the best hockey fans but Vancouver fans like this are giving us a run for our money.

• habs365 says:

I think she should get in free for the remainder of the series

• ProHabs says:

I think the Habs should hire her and have her replace Youppi as the team mascot.

• Mike D says:

Meh, she’d have to lose some weight first. That girl doesn’t hold a candle to the quality of women in Montreal….though she does have the right attitude ;-)

– Honestly yours

• Clay says:

You have massively missed the point. :D
            Amusing how Montreal folk always say the women there are ‘the best’ (in so many words), like ‘best’ isn’t a value judgement. Go to Prague, have a look, and then get back to me ;)

__________________________
            The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

• Mike D says:

Clay I have no doubt that women in Europe especially and many other places around the world are of exceptional quality in terms of looks. In North America however, I haven’t seen a city yet that can compete with Montreal in that category and I’ve lived in numerous places on both sides of the border (and done quite a bit of travelling).

PS – I wouldn’t say I missed the point…just purposely avoided it :-)

– Honestly yours

• TheThinker says:

she’s not too bad, I’ve seen worst

74. Keith says:

Love the guy with the iphone getting a front row pic lol!