Thomas again

4785580
The Boston goaltender made 33 saves – 13 in the first period.
The B’s were opportunistic and tenacious.
Then they played textbook lead protection to take a 3-2 lead in the series.
Simon Gagné scored 69 seconds into the game, but that was it for the Lightning.
Both teams were horrible on the power-play.
Key stat: Bruins were 41-30 on faceoffs. The Lightning chased the puck – generally to no avail – all night.

1. TheThinker says:

penalty must have made Horton mad, comes back and ties the game 1 – 1

2. Psycho29 says:

CBC is just awful….
    Sounded like they were hoping for a Bruins PP….I guess with Stock, Milbury and Galley it has to be expected…

3. HabFanSince72 says:

I think it’s over. Tampa blew their chance.

4. hansolo says:

Bruins must be a small, soft team to let someone get away with hitting Dr. Recchi…

5. habstrinifan says:

2P 14:09 ” Wow! Big push-back by Lightning”
    by mboone at 9:22 PM.

Are you paying attention JM. That marvelous hockey term which keeps a team’s engine operating on full throttle… “Push back”

6. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Marchand is getting a good look tonight at what what his next 5 years in the NHL are gonna be like. Keep running your mouth ratboy, and be sure to keep your head up. The word is out on you and the rest of the douchebag Bruins.

7. sidhu says:

Great shift by Stamkos, the kid is a player

8. sidhu says:

Nice hit on Dr Recchi

Great hit on the DOCTOR!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

Unibrow with the goal. No way that faceoff was clean though. Oh yah only habs get thrown out of the circle.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

11. Sal says:

Had to happen. TB missing too many chances, seen this movie before. Broons like a bad smell, won’t go away.

Sal from the Hammer

12. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

RDS …thank you

13. HabFanSince72 says:

That was the turning point.

14. HabFanSince72 says:

Horton is such a meathead.

15. HabFanSince72 says:

Even though shots are 14-4 Tampa I have a feeling Boston are going to win this.

TimTOm is not letting another one in and Smith actually looks shaky.

16. CHsam says:

You got that right. THat intermission was so lame I went and cleaned my room instead

17. JD_ says:

Don’t know what’s more absurd, Horton’s blatant braincramp towards the end of the first or Julien doin’ his arms-in-the-air confused dance after the obvious call. Someone put a tutu on the ugly ballerina.

Milbury should take his mouthguard out before he starts talkin’ on the air. Just sayin’.

This just in from the CBC’s Nerd Desk: Winnipeg might get an NHL franchise. Then again, maybe not.

Bolts, baby!

18. HabFanSince72 says:

The two pretend-journalists on the CBC talking about Winnipeg.

Milbury and Stock as analysts.

What a joke.

19. Propwash says:

Milbury and Stock’s combined I.Q has to be the equivalent to a glass of water.

iq wise sure, but look at all the other good things a glass of water can do, milbury and stock do nothing!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

20. Sal says:

From PJ Laughing Stock,”Tim Thomas likes to give up the early goal” Brilliant!!!!

Sal from the Hammer

PJ Stock adds zero value, what possibly was the cbc thinking?

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

Shots 14-4 in favour of Tampa. Good thing Smith is in nets or else the scored would 2-1 Boston.

23. CHsam says:

Watch that finger Ference ! LoL

What a stupid penalty by Horton, he really has become a bruin.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

25. punkster says:

Ouch. MAB gets MABBED.
    ***Subbang Baby!!!***

26. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Let’s go Bolts! Finish these scumbags!

27. habstrinifan says:

Was doig some catch-up reading on AHL playoffs. That Palushaj is cut from same cloth as Max Pac his former roomate in College. Both speak their mind!…..

“They were pretty gutless,” Palushaj said. “Gutless moves by their players and I think they should definitely be suspended,” added Palushaj.

28. Keith says:

They did everything but score.

29. JD_ says:

Andrew “Inter” Ference.

TB’s doin’ a good job of runnin’ Tommy. Chara’s due to flip out any time now.

30. CHsam says:

Marchand is such a rat

He really is alot like the original rat ken linesman, hate the guy, but effective, hate the guy though

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

31. habstrinifan says:

Wish we had a coach like Boucher in the organization. Smart, highly TV friendly, perfectly bilingual, able to work with various types and youthful and a native son too. Tell you ONE THING.. if HABS ever could put their hands on someone like that they WOULD never let him get away.

32. Keith says:

Knob Hole really needs to retire.

• Clay says:

Play nice…Bob is senile for sure – and should definitely retire – but he’s an icon and deserves respect. Good man too…

__________________________
      The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

33. punkster says:

That’s the same call Subban got that the B’s fans and media claimed was diving. Holding the stick under his arm. Of course when a B does it it’s a flagrant violation of the rules of hockey and man against the Bruin.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

34. hansolo says:

I’m sorry, I think Bergeron “embellished” that — don’t want to say he “dived” because Bruins don’t do that…

35. CHsam says:

Bruins don’t look like they’re skating well..

36. Sal says:

I like the hit on that goof Marchand better than the goal. Keep it comin TB.

Sal from the Hammer

37. Steven says:

“1P 18:00 Is it possible to be worse than Kaberle?
    by mboone at 8:16 PM”

Count it as a blessing, Boone. A lot of people wanted him to come over to Montreal not that long ago.

38. issie74 says:

I’m not crazy about the prediction.

39. JD_ says:

Looks like Marchand just got…

…SubBANGed, baby!

40. habstrinifan says:

Was I right or was I f””ing right?

41. punkster says:

Sweet. Marchand decked and TimTom beaten on a deflection.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

42. Keith says:

WOOOOOOOOOO Bolts!

43. CHsam says:

GAGNE!!!!!!! YESSSSSS love it

44. hansolo says:

Mr. Boone: Why is this forum not directly accessible from HIO’s main website? I had to look under the “Boone” tab to find it.

OK now it is, my bad…

45. habstrinifan says:

Boone: “Martin Raymond is reading his jacket label to Guy Boucher. Love those McGill guys …”

Hey Boone my daughter wants to know what about those McGill women? She did her Masters at McGill and her bachelors at Queens.
    We are still doing DNA testing to see if she’s really my seed. Seems too smart.

46. habstrinifan says:

Boone predicts first 10 mins all Boston. I say Boston is nervous and Tampa Bay will take lead within first 5 mins.

47. CHsam says:

Damn right. McGILL REPRESENT !!

48. CHsam says:

LOL PJ actually looks worried or something. Weird.

49. punkster says:

This should be fun. I’m still hoping for a Boston win so they can get hammered by the west. But I do love seeing them get humiliated at any time. Tough call tonight. Still, if PJ Stock is picking TimTom to bounce back then I gotta go completely the opposite direction.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

50. TheThinker says:

start smith, he’s a better puck handler see how it goes. if it’s looking bad get him out early, fighting back don’t always work.

51. Keith says:

Smith can play the puck well and stop Boston’s forechecking game.

52. Jean - Pierre Beaudet says:

j.Pierre
    i think he should ditch roloson and start with smith, shutout in 2 straight playoff games ….

53. habstrinifan says:

Start Smith! He seems very focussed!

54. 4m3y2j says:

Smith is def. in their heads and he handles the puck exceptionally well.
    This will help counter the boon’s dump and forecheck system.
    I hope Boucher choose Smith …

55. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Start Halak…wait that was last year

56. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I’d start Rollie, but I’d have him on a short leash.

I start Smith. Rollie is enough of a veteran you won’t lose him if smith struggles. And the fact is Smith is stoning Boston, we all know once you get inside an apes head, will take many bananas to get him out of it. Smith is in those Bruins heads a bit already.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

Here’s the Habs plan. Get some forwards who can defend and get some defensemen who can score. Price better work on his face-offs.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

So, since you’re all about tanking and all that, you should have some good ideas on who the Habs should draft, right?

So, who would you pick?

Also, who would you go after in free agency or via trade to improve the team?

Give me some actual ideas/solutions instead of empty criticism dripping with sarcasm.

• HardHabits says:

The tanking window has passed. Currently the Habs have no choice but to stay the course.

As to who the Habs should pick it all depends who’s available by the time they hit the podium to select.

If you ask me the Habs are going about this all wrong though. Like they’re putting the cart before the horse. Get a bunch of UFA’s and then hope to fill out the roster with players from the system.

I live to see the day the Habs trade a few players for picks is all. I’d like to see them walk into a few consecutive drafts with more than 1 1st rounder and maybe try to move up since they wont tank.

The farm has thinned out due to all the call ups and JM has a habit of over-playing his veterans to the detriment of other younger player’s development. Pacioretty gained more experience that way and many people, myself included thought Eller should have started in Hamilton.

Whether a team tanks or not IMO the way to build a team is via the draft and not free agency or trades, so the more picks the better.

• PeterStone says:

i totally agree with everything you said. The window for tanking passed they year we had all those UFAs , we could have amassed a ton of picks, had a ton of cash, and built a contender within 2 seasons. The usual response to that comment is, impossible, BUT, Philly did it .. came in last what, 3 seasons ago ? They had a high pick, ended up being JVR , traded away vets like Biron ( I think ) and Forsberg … picked up other players rights ( Hartnell and Timmonen ) in the off season, and last year were in the finals.

I am much more optimistic that I was at the start of last season tho. They have 3 solid building blocks right now in MaxPac, Price and PK … they have some interesting vets like Wiz ( whom I hope they sign ) Pleks and Markov ( another guy I hope they sign ) I am guessing that they are looking longer term now, beyond this season, and 3 or 4 years down the line, which is why I think we may not see some of the older vets back.

I would also like to see them trade up at the draft, but I doubt it would happen. I think they are picking 17th, and I would like to see them get into the top 8, but I am guessing thats a pipe dream.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Obviously, it depends on who’s available. Give me some names though. Who would you like to see them pick if they’re available? Who would you like them to trade up for? Which players would you trade to get more picks? You give general ideas, but no actual suggestions.

Eller was an all-star in the AHL last year in a year he was battling mono. He got good experience this year, whether you believe he did or not. Playing in the AHL would not have been the best thing for his development.

The rebuild through free agency allowed our young players to be surrounded by a veteran core that had won Stanley Cups and would be able to guide them as they got experience in the NHL. Gill, Gionta, Moen and yes, even Gomez have been a positive influence on the young guys like Price, Subban, Eller, etc.

• HardHabits says:

The Habs pick 17th and do not have any 2nd round picks (they had two but they’re gone) so there’s no moving up. To do that 2 1sts and/or 2 2nds are required. Again my major peeve about the Habs management.

At 17th: Boone Jenner or Zack Phillips

Whoever they pick it should be a 6′ or taller 200+ pound Canadian centre.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Jenner doesn’t have a high-end ceiling for scoring talent and he’s never going to be a great skater. Phillips has benefitted greatly from playing for the Sea Dogs.

Scrap the birth certificate HH, we need a high-end offensive talent, look to Nicklas Jensen instead,, probably the most talented player on the Generals. Or you can take Canadian Mark Scheifele, 6’2″, RH centre who had an excellent Under-18 Tournament.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
            SF09 on Twitter

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Hey habits, I think PG should take a run at Alex Pocahontski. What do you think?

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

What the heck are you talking about?

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Alexei Ponikarovsky! What’s your opinion on Alexei Ponikarovsky? I wasn’t asking You the first time, but I’m am now.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I don’t think he would be a good fit. I’m hesitant to add any player that spent a prolonged portion of their career with the losing Leafs.

He has size and some skill, I guess, but I’ve never been a huge fan of his. He didn’t exactly do great in his stops in Pittsburgh and L.A. either. That, to me tells me he doesn’t know what to do when you’re expected to win.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I agree on the Leaf Factor. I think Ponikarovsky would be an excellent 3rd line defensive player who could seriously outscore Travis Moen and come at a discount after an awful season, but I mostly invoked his name because HardHabits has been sounding almost reasonable today and I wanted to read something crazy.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• Duracell3 says:

He made 3.2 million last year, dont want that on the 3rd line, and him specifically, hes ok but not great. I’d take a functioning pouliot over him, but poni is more consistent and had more size

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“a functioning pouliot” – That’s a dream we all share.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• Jean - Pierre Beaudet says:

who is that??

• Jean - Pierre Beaudet says:

who is that??

j.Pierre

59. twocents says:

My prediction:
    Expect the Canadiens to announce the Markov signing this Friday.
    3-4 years 4.75- 5.25 million.

• habstrinifan says:

Are you making an educated guess or do you have info. I havent been listening to the team990 over last few days so I havent heard any rumours. I dont think Markov gets a contract that long for that money. 5.00 for 2 yrs is more likely. I hope they DO sign him though.

• punkster says:

2 pennies never guesses. He divines the answers to questions as yet not asked. He foresees that which we mere mortals can only hope to imagine. He anticipates the unexpected. He is…the most interesting man in the world.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• habstrinifan says:

Yeah but what beer does he drink? That’s all Molsons want to know.

• Clay says:

I stopped drinking Molson’s beer when the Habs stopped winning cups. I will start again as soon as they do… ;)

__________________________

60. RetroMikey says:

Doesn’t take a genius…you start back with Roloson.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

Rolonson looks like he’s out of the zone. Last two games he was laying the blame on his defence. The obvious call is go with Smith.

62. mrhabby says:

going with rollie i say.

63. PrimeTime says:

Imo, start Rollie…if you go with Smith now and lose, you put yourself in a worst position to who starts the next game. Perhaps too much forward thing for many here who just like think that “change” is new and better.

Good article on previous thread on UFA’s this season. PG needs to lay off and continue building from Goal out. Price is one of the best young goalies; Subban, signed deals so far, and the several choices of vet Dmen to keep will roll out an improved D. PG needs to keep letting the younger F’s gain experience and improve……eventually he will be able to build the same way our D. Patience is a virtue many fans many can’t appreciate again too immature to appreciate.

Kenny Holland is still the most respected GM in hockey and he doesn’t compromise his thinking or listen to the fans. Probably a lesson most Armchair GM’s at home or in the Media should learn……oh ya, not sensational enough! I guess whatever keeps you interested is all that matters……HA! Losers

VAN in 6 over BOS!!

• Mattyleg says:

But hockey has to be ENTERTAINING! I pay big money to be entertained!! Always!!
      Look at Toronto! Entertaining! They signed Jason Blake!! Entertaining! Dion Phaneuf! Entertaining! Komisarek! Entertaining!!

What have we done except go to the Conference Finals last year??

On my PS3, (and I’m not talking about anyone else’s here) I was able to trade: Gomez, Spacek, and Dustin Boyd for Phil Kessler!!! Why isn’t PG doing this? Why isn’t he doing it? Why??

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• HabFanSince72 says:

Your sarcasm is misplaced. Hockey should be entertaining. The last exciting season was 2007-2008 when we led the league in points and in scoring. I’d rather have that than JM’s dull make no mistakes hockey.

And to the question What have we done except go to the Conference Finals last year? The answer is LOSE TO THE BRUINS IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS. AND GIVE THEIR CONFIDENCE A BOOST IN THE PROCESS.

We were not good this year. We had some absolutely dire games against teams like Nashville and Atlanta for instance. Then we eked our way in to the playoffs and choked against Boston.

If the top brass is thinking this was a pretty good year we are in trouble.

• Mattyleg says:

Must be pretty dark in that cave!
          It’s very very very easy to be negative.
          It’s much harder to see positives.

…and sarcasm is NEVER misplaced!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habstrinifan says:

Great post. I cannot believe the seeming satisfaction from PG and JM re the year and am amazed that at is the prevailing sentiment in HIO. It was a bad year especially noted for ‘long losing streaks’ and inability to WIN ‘big games’.

Our last losing streak was comprised games 3 and 4 and 5 of the series against Boston and totally followe dthe pattern of earlier streaks from the regular season.

• Steven says:

Really? I traded Gomez and the Kostitsyns for both Sedins.

Obviously PG’s doing something SERIOUSLY wrong. We should already have a team of Ovechkin, Stamkos, the Sedins, Kesler, and the rest of them guys.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I agree with what you’re saying, but PG still has to fill a couple of holes on the roster while waiting for young guys to come up.

Some sites are talking about how PG is interested in Laich, Leino and Joel Ward. One or two of those guys, at the right price, would help our team quite a bit.

I don’t think PG should make a big trade unless it brings us a really good player who is young and will be here for awhile. Signing a couple of decent UFAs will help bridge the gap between now and a couple of years down the road when Leblanc, Kristo and others could be ready.

• HardHabits says:

My pet peeve is the Habs penchant for throwing away draft picks. For another year the Habs walk into a draft missing a 2nd. Luckily they have a 1st but who knows, that’s probably on the blocks too.

Signing UFA’s and making trades are complimentary to building a team, the fundamental principle being drafting. The Habs are still to eager to trade away picks for a quick fix player. The bottom line with the Habs is more often than the future is traded away for a shot at another early play-off exit today.

Hey, but once you make the play-offs, anything can happen, right?

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I feel that the Habs have been doing better in the draft since 2007.

I wish we would hold onto all of our picks, but in two cases (Schneider and Wiz), our hand was forced to stay in the race when Markov went down. At least we didn’t trade away any of our prospects to cover injuries. In the case of Tinordi, PG obviously coveted the player and wanted to make sure to get him. We complain about needing size and toughness, and then when PG is proactive in the draft and makes a move to get his guy, we complain about that too.

One other thing, we gave up a second to get Wiz, but it’s possible that we could get a 2nd back or maybe a 3rd if a team wants him enough to trade for his negotiating rights. Hamhuis fetched picks in two separate trades last offseason before July 1. Wiz will be a coveted defenseman for teams looking for a PP QB. Ehrhoff being hurt only increases Wiz’s value as well.

I like what PG has done so far.

• JayBee says:

It’s too early to judge Gauthier, but I think he’s already made a number of missteps…I won’t go over the players that have been moved under his watch for virtually nothing.

What bothered me is at the deadline Halpern was on the 1st line, and Gauthier thought that was fine. Zherdev and Sturm were on waivers….and could have really helped. That’s what bothers me about him…he’s another Gainey…. Zero’d in on Penner…didn’t get him and basically closed up shop. There’s no plan B or C with either of these guys. Same thing with Hossa…Gainey zero’d in on him…didn’t get him and was left with no plan B or C. Sundin….same thing.

I would really like to see fresh new faces in the management positions with a different philosophy.

JayBee:

Do we really know if Gauthier had interest in Penner?

I think Gauthier is a little different from Gainey. He has been more pro-active and has refused to deal prospects for a quick fix. Yes, he’s been liberal with the 2nd round picks, but for the most part, he seems to want the team to get younger and build through the draft.

I think Zherdev would have been a really bad fit for our team. Sturm would have maybe helped, but his cap hit was pretty big, and that might have dissuaded PG since he may have wanted the flexibility for the deadline in case something better presented itself.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Now that I know what your sig is all about, I want to comment on it.

I disagree. Sergei Samsonov ended up being a terrible move, but everyone liked it at the time. Samsonov turned out to be a selfish player who contributed nothing while he was here.

Leino is a good player. He may not have the track record yet, but he is pretty talented. When Mike Babcock didn’t keep him on the roster to start the season a few years ago, he said Leino was the best player he’s ever had to cut. Leino has very good offensive skill and he showed that he can play in the playoffs too.

I think if Leino were playing with Eller and AK46 or Cammy and Pleks, he would put up respectable numbers and help our team.

He’s also come up through the Detroit system, which means he had to learn to be defensively responsible. I would sign him, but not for anything more than 3.5 mil/per year.

You can’t turn your nose up at players who have been playoff performers, have skill and have been to the Stanley Cup Finals twice.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Jan those are all good points, except:

“He’s also come up through the Detroit system, which means he had to learn to be defensively responsible. ”

This is what they said about Gomez.

HabFanSince72:

When Gomez applies himself, he is responsible defensively. It’s not like he doesn’t know what to do in his zone. It’s just he’s sometimes lazy.

All I meant is that Leino isn’t an offense-only type of guy. He has an idea of what to do in his own end. Which is a plus.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

“Leino isn’t an offense-only type of guy.” Yep, he sure is. Ville Leino plays the same game as Mike Cammalleri only not as well.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

Sean Bonjovi:

I don’t see how you can just say Leino plays Cammalleri’s game but worse when they aren’t at all the same kind of player.

Cammy is a sniper. His best strength is his shot. His speed would be his second best asset. Leino doesn’t have a great shot. He is a better puckhandler and playmaker than Cammy.

Not sure how you came up with your comparison.

Besides, even if Leino was just a poor man’s Cammy, I fail to see how adding that to our offensively-challenged team would be a bad thing.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

Cammalleri is a better passer than Leino. That fact that Cammalleri is a better shooter than Leino doesn’t mean Leino is a better playmaker than Cammi. Leino is inferior in ALL aspects of the game, but he posses the different skills of hockey in the same proportions. It’s like a recipe. the two players are like the same kind of bread, but with Mike Cammalleri we get the Whole loaf. Cammalleri is smart on defence in the neutral zone which Leino is not, so I guess there is one difference, but in their own zones they both just cross the fingers until someone else gets the puck out. Leino is a decent passer and he can put the puck away on a one-timer, but there’re other guys that can do that better, or do the same thing plus play some defence. The diference between AK46 this year and the Andrei of the past is that the new Andrei scores 40+ points and plays hard and smart and throws the body a little. The Old AK46 just scored 40+ points and did nothing else. Ville F. Leino is a guy who will score 40+ points and do nothing else for whatever team he ends up with.

* Ville Leino would make Sergei Samsonov look like Alex Kovalev *

Sean Bonjovi:

I don’t see how you believe Cammy is a good puckhandler or passer. I mean, he isn’t BAD, but he certainly couldn’t be considered a playmaker or a dangler. From what I have seen of Leino, he does both of those things pretty well. I think he is at least a better puckhandler than Cammy.

You didn’t really address my second point though, which is that we need offense, so why would we turn up our noses at a player like Leino, who has some obvious skill?

64. HabFanSince72 says:

Something about the Nucks reminds me of the Sens’ Cup run of a few years ago.

1. Team of destiny, everything falling in place, putting the chokers label behind them.
    2. Led by a Swede playing the best hockey of his career.
    3. Make the finals only to meet a team whose thuggery the league always turns a blind eye to.

I don’t like it.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I missed something. Did Boston already win the East?

• Mattyleg says:

I’m actually looking for the Bruins to be the Sens of a few years previous to that.
      Alfie ‘guaranteeing’ that the Sens would beat the Laffs.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

The guarantee thing is a bunch of garbage. Thomas didn’t come out and guarantee that they were going to win. A reporter asked him if they would win and he said yes. Should he have said no?

I guess the only way to go about it would have been to call out the reporter for such a stupid question and say “If you ask any player if his team is going to win, they should say yes.”

65. JF says:

Does anyone know of a site where one can watch the Bulldogs? I’d rather watch them than the Canucks and Sharks, but the AHL almost never seems to be on TV.

• Mike Boone says:

You seriously would rather watch the Bulldogs than (fill in the name of any NHL team)?
      There’s a reason the AHL isn’t on TV.

Mike Boone
      Hockey Inside/Out blogger
      Gazette City columnist
      mboone@montrealgazette.com

Surprised at your response there Boone! No doubt the quality of hockey in AHL won’t be as good, but watching our farm team to the papa team proud in a Game 7 is pretty darned good. My problem with watching Boston Tampa is I hate boston, and i am getting tired of Guy Boucher elected into NHL hockey hall of fame for 1 season in NHL. Don’t get me wrong, wish he was coaching our team, but teams hands were tied with JM contract.

Anyhow, did you have a link to that AHL Game? Ha ha.

CHeers!

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

• JF says:

But the Memorial Cup is, and it’s a pretty good tournament. I’d like to at least watch the beginning of the Bulldogs’ game, which starts at 8:00.

• nek25plus says:

Live stream…off the B.D’s website.

66. JF says:

Mike, I agree with you. I don’t know whether Roloson just needs a break or whether, like Halak last year, he has cooled off, but he has struggled against Boston after putting up numbers in the first two series that were significantly higher than his regular-season numbers. Start Smith, but, as Kempie said, on a relatively short leash. Smith has played three periods without allowing a goal; he’s earned the start.

67. CHsam says:

I hope he goes with Smith. Bruins feel too comfortable with Rollie. Gotta do whatever it takes to keep the Bruins in their post-game4 choke mode

68. punkster says:

Halak!
    No, wait…

***Subbang Baby!!!***

69. habs03 says:

I have a feeling Tampa’s going to with Roloson in nets and win.

70. hdcase says:

I don’t think Boucher even has a choice. He has to go with Smith. You can’t argue with results.

hdcase

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

It’s not an easy decision. Boucher is a loyal guy and Roloson has definitely played well in the first two series to get them to this point, but I think Boone is bang on. The Bruins seem to have figured him out, and Smith’s puckhandling is something Julien and the players will have to adjust to.

• kempie says:

Agree. Smith on a relatively short leash. And tell them to pretend that they’re down 3-0 before they drop the puck and do whatever they did in the first int. the other day.

71. bel33 says:

That last game was the first game on TV since the Habs went out that I found myself hootin’ and yelling… every time the Bolts scored. It was an epic comeback. Now if they can just come out of the gates with the same push.
    And how about those Bulldogs!!! Forcing game seven… awesome! Wish I could find a broadcast of the that final game.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I really hope the Bulldogs pull of the comeback. Some people on here write off the Bulldogs and talk about how players like Dawes and Boyd are not prospects. I think it is very important for young players like Palushaj, Nash, Dumont and White (as well as others) to develop their skills in a winning environment. This will help them be better professionals and will serve them well if/when they are regulars with the Habs.

72. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I agree with you Boone. It seems that Boston has had a harder time against Smith than Roloson. His puck-handling ability adds a dimension they haven’t seen since Carey Price in the first round. It severely limits what they can do on the forecheck, which is a big part of the Bruins’ game.

I think Smith played well enough to earn a start in game 5. Roloson has looked pretty bad in this series. A game off could re-focus Rollie the Goalie too.