That was fun

seguinMay17

Photo by Reuters

Two defensive-minded coaches?

Yeah, right.

Riding red-hot rookie Tyler Seguin, Boston evened the series … but not without difficulty.

Tim Thomas was bombarded with 41 shots and made about 10 miraculous saves.

Down 6-3, the Lightning dominated the third period and served notice this could be a long series.

Key stat: Boston 41-32 on faceoffs.

And they got two power-play goals.

1. Everlasting1 says:

G(b)oons they may be, but you have to admire the tenacity..up by a couple of goals and still throwin’ the body and pressing for more. 4 points (2G, 2A) for Seguin in the 2nd period. Bergeron who?
    ——————————————————————-
    Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

2. EricInStL says:

Fcku you NHL, keep showing american teams in your ads. You suck. Hope you choke on Phoenix and Atlanta.

3. punkster says:

Wait, I thought this Boucher guy was the second coming of Toe or Scotty?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I think he’s a damn good coach….but what do I know.

• punkster says:

We’ll see but when it comes down to it if Boucher doesn’t win the cup this year he’s a failure. The bar has been set at that level by many on this site.
        Personally I don’t see it that way though many here judge the Habs by that standard so it’s only fair to apply it across the board. I’d prefer to see how Boucher does in the longer term, say over 5 years or more, before making a call on his abilities as an NHL level coach.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I havent set the bar that high. As far as I’m concerned he’s been a success. Albeit he has a semi-stacked team of stars, he has coached them damn well. I’m still hanging on desperately to the hope that they win this series and send the Gooins back to Bawston.

• LL says:

He’ll be Scotty Toeman, if he wins 4 games. ;)

• Mark C says:

Yeah, I’ve been led to believe that his coaching prevents his teams from these types of games. His team is getting lit up by a 19 yr. old who hasn’t played in over a month.

4. SnowManHabs85 says:

Claude Julien must be furious of Seguin exploding in front of his face. Hahaha, but seriously, it sucks for Tampa.

“Responding to the media , or playing to the media, or listening to the fans is the quickest way to start losing” – Sam Pollock

5. EricInStL says:

Way to go Ryder…. good on him

6. mike3131 says:

Man I hope CBC’s broadcasting the next game

• wall2bay says:

Why? They suck big time! Cole gets all the names wrong now and they’re either Laff Lovers or ex-Broons.

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

7. _Habsoloutly_ says:

crap, why hasn’t the second period ended yet?

8. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I don’t care what anyone say’s, tampa is a well coached team.

9. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Get in the box Chara you F’ing POS!!

10. higginrs says:

Here’s a crazy thing my wife just told me. She said, “Hey, that guy behind the bench for Tampa, who is he? I recognize him!” (My wife doesn’t watch hockey). So I said, “That’s the head coach, Guy Boucher.” Suddenly, she perks up and says, “I spoke with him last year during parent-teacher interviews. I used to teach his daughter and his son.” I laughed. She said, “I should have asked for an autograph.” I said, “Should have asked for tickets.” (Sorry, I’m a little greedy that way).

I am having more and more of a hard time realizing what a gem we had in Hamilton, only to let him go for nothing to Tampa.

I really hope the Bruins go down and Boucher shows ‘em what a classy coach with a classy team can do.

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

haha, thats cool. love the six degrees of seperation.

• higginrs says:

Ya, it’s weird, cause I’ve never been one to approach “celebrities”, but I’ve run into a handful of sports celebs in my time.

I live in Hamilton, so I enjoy going to this one restaurant called the Schwarzwaldhaus. I have this German friend of mine who loves the schnitzel there. So, on our way into the restaurant, in walks Pat Quinn with us! I sort of do a double take, then figure he doesn’t want to be hassled while he’s trying to have lunch. I let him be, but was laughing at few less diplomatic fans.

11. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Gee, I’m sure glad we have Gomez instead of Vinny. Cuz ya all know how Gomez steps it up in the playoffs right?

• SnowManHabs85 says:

Yeah, misses the empty net every time. Sure…

12. CHsam says:

YES!!!!! Amazing. F*** to you, Boston. F*** to you.

13. Propwash says:

LECAVVVVV!!!!

14. CHsam says:

Oh damn. Just tuned in. Come on Tampa!!!!

15. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Great trade Burke. How’s Kessel doin in the playoffs..? oh ya.

16. CHsam says:

anybody know where I can watch online ?

17. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Missed assigment by Stamkos.

Curse you Brian Burke.

19. HabFanSince72 says:

Is there anything about the Boston Bruins that doesn’t suck?

20. arcosenate says:

Brad Marchand is a disgusting human being. That was the worst dive ever, what a little (deleted).

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

I agree. I hate that kid. My neice’s boyfriend knows him and his family and he had some very interesting stories to tell about Marchand.

21. _Habsoloutly_ says:

hahahahahahaha! Looks good on ya Boston Goon squad!! Congrats on making it just as far as Montreal did last season. Now F’ off..

22. punkster says:

I was just typing a comment to say that the Bolts should just start throwing the puck at TimTom because he’s looking awfully sloppy and out of position.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

23. Keith says:

I love it!!!Ha,ha,ha!!6.5 seconds left!!!

24. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Man, Boston has to be one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen.

• HabFanSince72 says:

It was ever thus.

I remember when Chelios was playing for us the Bruins were always targeting him in the playoffs. Trying to hit him to hurt him and take him out of the series.

25. Propwash says:

Didja see that DIVE?

26. NLhabsfan says:

The REFS are as bad as bad can get.

27. CHsam says:

F)@”!!! Im out eating I gotta get home to watch!

28. Maksimir says:

God (not you Boone) – if you can hear this post please let Tampa beat Boston in this series and I promise I will sacrifice a virgin in your honour. And by virgin I mean my wife, and by sacrifice I mean make her bake me some cookies. Which I will eat in your honour.

• Bill J says:

Just curious, why did you not make this prayer before the MTL/BOS series ? :P

• Maksimir says:

Actually I did but I in that case it was game seven, and the virgin (my wife) brought me the sacrifice (a 24 of beer) but I consumed it in God’s honour before overtime, passed out and when I woke up the next day they were eliminated. I guess the sacrifice was too soon?

29. kempie says:

Double post but he deserved it

30. kempie says:

Crazy props to Thompson

31. Propwash says:

Wow, refs giving the game to the Bs

32. kempie says:

Classic NHL officiating

33. mike3131 says:

LOL the way Roloson plays the puck

34. ari says:

more over cbc hd is free ,how about tsn hd.rich guy?

The Bruins lose tonight, it’s over for them. No way they’ll come back for two 2-0 deficits same play-offs. Unless they were playing the Habs twice. :p

36. ari says:

mr.boone
    Since when watching the game on tsn is such a good thing to mention.not rooting for cbc,but i remember when rds got a deal for montreal games and for a guy like me who did not have a cable was the worst news.no more cbc or tqs.
    Most tsn personal are ex cbc guys,plus some ex losers and few real journalist.
    However being from the same company.i did not expect more.

37. JD_ says:

McGuire on Chara’s non-called double interference: “That’s almost a ‘Double Dion’…”…nyaaaaaaaaaa…shaddap!

38. Propwash says:

Drink fellas, McGuire just said double Dion.

Go Tampa Go, Can I say that without getting sued.

Bolts take it in 5

40. SnowManHabs85 says:

Haha, Chara class act went to hit St. Louis. Yeah, very classy.

41. JD_ says:

Heh.

Set play.

42. _Habsoloutly_ says:

hahahahahahhahahahahaha!!

FU Boston! looks good on ya!

43. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

i’m laughing soo hard not even 15 seconds hahahhaha

44. 24moreCups says:

Goal by Tampa already haha

45. kempie says:

Well ya gotta love that.

46. Propwash says:

OOOoooooooooOOOO YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!

47. mike3131 says:

Rene Rancourt is possibly the worst anthem singer of all time

48. Propwash says:

Listening to Rene Rancourt beats the hell out of Glee.

49. Frank2468 says:

Looks like the troll oleole got his post removed but I will post this anyway incase she should return after the game and post again from his mommys basement. Ole Ole is what the B’s will hear in Tampa Bay. The Habs cousins will bring you down and send you back to Boston with a frown.

50. SnowManHabs85 says:

Even Bryzgalov didn’t bring his A game into the post season against the Wings, he just couldn’t help his team get a win. His team mates were working hard and got some goals to get the lead over and over but Bryzgalov just couldn’t make the game saving saves at all.

51. Bugs says:

(Edit) Oh, c’mon…

Gone figuratively fishin filibusts L. B. Potter, esq.

52. Bugs says:

(Edit): The beaner’s gettin his posts deleted before my reply sticks!
    BWAAAA-HAAA-HAA!
    Yeah, you’re so indifferent, you hang out here…nice.
    Go right now to Google News. Type “Habs” or “Canadiens”…and it’s all Boston sites.
    Yes? Good.
    Shall we call you an Epic Fail then? From top to bottom? Yeah, that sounds right, doesn’t it?
    …they don’t care about mtl in bos…(GUFFAW!)…oh, that was rich…

Gone figuratively fishin filibusts L. B. Potter, esq.

53. gohabsgo_vt says:

can we please talk about how insanely obnoxious this video is?

54. J.J. of Turku says:

Why do I allways have to post a “test” before my postings appear? This is already my 3rd post. Propably this too doesn’t show up…

55. DearyLeary says:

Yemelin’s official for next year according to Lavoie

Patches is also on the Team right now.

56. jimmy shaker says:

C’mon MAB, even though you should still be a hab, at least your still in the dance and helping mini montreal take home the cup. Laser a shot to marchand’s beak, or lucheese’s melon or horton’s mug!!!!! Take those jabroni’s out and maybe chip in with a nice hatty on classless thomas. MAB, MAB, MAB!!!! 7 and 0 are the bolts with MAB in the lineup folks, can’t argue with that stat. And you guys didn’t want him back here. Boom goes the dynamite!

Shaker

57. DarthWade says:

The only thing that worries be about tonight is that the Bolts are on a winning streak and streaks come to an end. I just hope it doesn’t end tonight. I’d rather they have a 2-0 lead in the series than split it.

58. LA Loyalist says:

I shouldn’t listen to the Fan 590, but sometimes I can’t help myself.

This morning Cornwall was described as making Hamilton look like Valhalla.

That was pretty funny.

My great-grandfather was a dairy farmer in Maxville, until Borden’s forced the price of milk so low that the farmers all went under.

That was less funny.

I wish I was sitting in some cafe on St. Denis drinking Depanneur wine and watching the girls.

Is it spring yet?

More importantly, is it October yet? Has training camp opened?

The summer ritual of the Habs fan. Choosing which team to support now that the Habs are no longer in the play-offs. See y’all here next year at the same time.

• DarthWade says:

Yeah that’s a depressing fact. Least last year we made it to the Finals. God I hope we make it to the second round at least next year.

• HardHabits says:

That ECF set the Habs back a few years. Look at Philly. They went all the way to the Finals. Started the season on a roll. The were spent by the end of it.

60. mdp2011 says:

this is funny, Finnish assistant coach must have celebrated too hard.

61. derfab says:

There are a few players on the Bruins who deserve to be the recipients of some extra nastiness, but Bergeron isn’t one of them. Then again, if he is stupid enough to play concussed, Tampa has to let him know on the first shift.

62. Hobie Hansen says:

Ever since the Canadiens were beat up and embarrassed in Boston during the regular season, so much talk on this site has been about adding some toughness.

Even without that now famous dust up, it doesn’t take a lot of analysis to see the Canadiens are one of the few teams without a designated heavyweight on their bottom six.

Moen is more of a light heavyweight and Ryan White might be just in the light heavyweight class as well. And surprisingly, there really isn’t anyone on defense that can dance with the enforcers of the league.

It would be great to have a guy like Lucic that can contribute offensively and drop the gloves but those guys are hard to find.

It was hard to keep a straight face and suggest that the Habs make a push for Zenon Konopka because at first glance he seems like a useless goon. However, some of his stats, especially face-offs, caught me by surprise.

He’s fourth in the league in face- offs @ 57.7% not too shabby!

He also won the 3rd highest amount of shorthanded draws with 137!

So if Jack Martin can tell him to ease up a bit on the fighting majors, save them for Boston and Philadelphia, what’s the problem with having a good penalty killer and one of the best faceoff guys in the league centering our 4th line? Konopka would be more than happy to punch guys like Lucic or Horton in the face if they bother Subban, Price or whoever.

Get’er done Gauthier!

• derfab says:

Toughness has been an issue for some time, at least since the Habs have decided to concentrate on developing mobile defensemen. Guys like Quintal and Souray were limited but contributed and helped to keep the tougher teams honest.
      An issue in point is that a player like Marchand was able to play way above his weight because he knew his mean guys would fix anyone who called him to the mat.
      Time to clean house and get some tough young D in there to replace the older skill guys. Hamr, Spacek and Gill may make us respectable but they are holding spots that require younger legs and, in a league that tolerates fighting and intimidation, some boxing skills.

63. CHsam says:

Im not a player, coach or athlete, but I watched a few YouTube dissections of the Tampa 1 3 1 system and read a few blog analysis’ too. I really like it. The idea that you immediately try to take away time and space in the o zone and then taking away centre ice space to this non-expert seems cool. Loved that video Stu Havkel linked to a few days ago. I wish the Habs get Boucher one day and try this system with Subban. Gomez I think would benefit well from it I think. I love the idea that the transition is funnelled quickly towards the net. Reminds me of 3 4 3 or 4 3 3 in football. Trying to find more info about Cruyff 3 4 3….. Hey maybe Price should start moving out of the crease more and take up a low D position on attack. Lol. Long live The System!!!!!

• HardHabits says:

The way to beat the 1-3-1 is use the 2-1-2

• LA Loyalist says:

I think you’ll see some emulation of it next season, of course they’ll tweak it and call it something else. It needs speed, discipline, and finishing your chances.

It won’t help us until we get some guys with soft hands who’ll go in the paint. Though on second thought I would be in favor of anything that got us out of turtling in our own end. That’s “Le Systeme” : Turtling. Thanks JM

ESPN reporting according to team no source no Bergeron tonight.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

65. shiram says:

I’d prefer if no one gets concussed.

66. pat s says:

its a no brainer–boston loses tonight this series is over–i just want to see hard hitting, intense, in your face hockey

• LA Loyalist says:

Yeah, it was a no-brainer when we had them down 2-0 also.

Man memories are short around here.

Go Montreal South!

• pat s says:

there is a difference going down 2-0 to montreal round 1 and going 2-0 now against tampa–the biggest reason, tampa is better than montreal unfortunately–they will close the deal–i’m just saying they are done, if they lose tonight.

i don’t know what your point is on this

67. Bugs says:

Shockingly callous.

Respect.

Gone figuratively fishin filibusts L. B. Potter, esq.

68. HabsFanInVictoria says:

Awful.

69. LL says:

Ever since Vinny was crying in his golf cart on Renaud Lavoie’s shoulder about how it was all PK’s fault. You know, the two-hander Vinny gave PK and how he didn’t deserve to be kicked out of the game, and somehow implying PK embellished all that, I don’t know, I Just can’t cheer for TB.

And after the stanchionization of Max Pacioretty, for sure I can’t cheer for Boston.

Go SJ/Vancouver Go!

70. CHsam says:

If they put Bergeron in tonight, they will definately expose the rot of their organization.

• OakvilleHabsFan says:

Let’s ask Neanderthal neely if he thinks bergeron should play tonight, better yet let’s get Dr Recchi’s prognosis!!??!!

Yah, i posted on the previous thread, I heard Recchi looked at him and told him to quit faking it and get back on the ice.

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

• Bugs says:

(Edit) Feh, joke defeated its own purpose bein on this thread where I prove to understand the opposite above.
      It’s out, baby!

Gone figuratively fishin filibusts L. B. Potter, esq.

71. DearyLeary says:

Go go MTL south!

72. sidhu says:

It seems to me that this facebook group should have many, many more people. Join it today!

73. Propwash says:

Bruins lost all credibility with their hypocrisy, and their fans never had any credibility to begin with.

Oh, and it’s pronounced chowder, not chowdah.

74. Steven says:

…So you’re suggesting we bandwagon? There’s a reason we’re not Bruins fans, ykno.

And all your arguments are nothing short of laughable, I hate to say. I’m not sure how a bunch of crazy, lucky bounces constitute a domination, and the Pacioretty argument almost made me fall out of my seat. It’s so clear to see that he’s being forced into it. And, please, rethink that. What kind of an idiot do you have to be to jump right into a stantion, like you suggest?(I’m fully expecting you to degrade Pacioretty here)

Buuuuuut you didn’t really troll or anything, so Kudos on that, I guess.

75. Mattyleg says:

More classy attitude with the homophobic name.

Home-Run again, Boston.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

76. gohabsgo_vt says:

you don’t have a problem with Montreal? I find that hard to believe given you’re derogatory, homophobic username that is directly about a Montreal staple. Also, your arguments are ridiculous (however I’ll admit calling 911 was idiotic), the bruins are a disgrace to hockey who take pride in playing a thuggish, moronic game…sucker punching the “noted” fighters Victor Hedman and Dominic Moore just because they absolutely skated circles around those goons you call hockey players…classy Boston, real classy… can’t wait to watch Tampa Bay sweep you.

P.S. Jack Edwards blows

77. Propwash says:

This totally applies to your post.