Big W

But no joy in it.

Thoughts and prayers with Max Pacioretty

1. WarHero says:

Good point! You love Gallagher to? I have him on my Hamilton team right now, lol.

Not sure what you mean by BPA …

Ottawa67’s Blogger:

2. Mr.Hazard says:

Come on Habbies! Do your Papa G proud!

(worked the last 2 times)

3. Danno says:

We’ll be expecting full-contact puppetry and holds-barred action from Boone’s Weird Video tonight

Edit. Home game = No puppets 🙁

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

4. DearyLeary says:

The exact lineup I would have dressed.

5. Bill says:

Is it supposed to be reassuring that Campbell is at the game tonight? He’s probably only there so he and Claude can pass notes to each other.

Bruins: least penalized team in the NHL with a roster full of goons + Campbell’s son. Coincidence? Obviously not, and those emails simply confirmed that Campbell is corrupt and influencing the refereeing in favour of players and teams he likes.

Only a Mickey-Mouse league like Bettman’s NHL would allows this to happen. I can’t see it happening in the NFL or Premier League Football or at Wimbledon. Not without riots.

Speaking of riots, Montreal always enjoys a visit from Hab-hating NHL office types named Campbell, don’t they?

Full Breezer 4 Life

Heh, i’d be ok if both Campbells left tonight’s game on a stretcher.

7. Chorske says:

You think Hartnell would back down in front of White? Uh, no.

The only way to neutralize goons (as your precious Laraque found out the hard way) is to not retaliate, to play disciplined hockey, and instead focus on speed and skill. If the Bruins want to dance alone, let them.

Henry, Coboy and whoever the feck Bonno is are not NHL ready. But you would play one or more of these NHL-unproven guys against a bona-fide Stanley Cup contender that is deep in talent? Really?

The Rocket would never have bought into this nonsense. Don’t insult his legacy by invoking him.

Also, it’s fecking insulting the way you memorialize a simple hockey defeat in the same way one would the Polytechnique or 9/11. It’s stupid.

Damnit… was hoping to skip out and wathc a game at the pub tonight so that I can curse and yell at will… Not happening. Wife’s got pilates class so I am home with the kiddo and hence have to be on my best behavior. Sigh… parenting sucks.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

Bad news is sounds like he’ll go pretty high in the draft, maybe before the Habs can get him.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

10. WarHero says:

Well, we need D in a very bad way, so we can only hope they are looking and will try to trade up if possible … who knows what can happen, lol
    Ottawa67’s Blogger:

11. Abe68 says:

“You Sir, are out of your mind. What you’re suggesting the Habs do is exactly what the Bs want the most.”

Yes, he’s out of his mind, but not because it’s what the B’s want most. White will get DESTROYED by almost any of the tough B’s. And Mara – are you serious?

12. SeriousFan09 says:

We also need some offensive support, especially at the LW position. Leblanc, Kristo and Avtsin are the only guys left in the system with very strong Top-6 upside (I’m still in Gallagher’s camp but he’s got a ways to go). Depends who BPA is on ’11 and ’12 draft days.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

13. diehardhab says:

What a fraud these goalie ratings are:

The torch be yours to hold it high!

14. RetroMikey says:

I disagree.  Where do you get your analysis of these 3 kids?

I was at the Hamilton-Toronto  back to back games this weekend and Avtsin, who was invisible in both games as he has been all season IMO.  A big strong kid like that should have more upside and he  has been disappointing.

Go to Copps like I do, and   speak to the hardcore fans who know more firsthand, and ask them who has upside on thas team and some will tell you that it is the veteran players who could play in Montreal and write it here on your blog.

Leblanc and Kristo are too early to rate them as as strong top 6 upside.  Gallagher reminds me of a Corey Locke, potential but just too small enough to make in at the next level in the NHL.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

15. StevieRay says:

Pilates ..??? always a step ahead of your time eh !! good luck tonite with teh kiddies .. as I’ll be watching with my 9 mos granddaughter on my lap her Habs skull cap !!! and her Gomez jersey ….just kidding on that !!

16. HabinVan says:

Thomas Price Renne and luongo 1-4.  How Price falls behind carl crawford (isnt he a baseball player?) is beyond me.  For some more funny reading look at the centers.  they have Henrik Sedin #9..I Live in Van so I am forced to watch everygame and he is top 3 for sure.  But I guess these are jsut for us to kick around and debate and it brings tsn word of mouth for how absurd the rankngs are!

17. kempie says:

Well, she’s got to learn about the bruins sooner or later.

18. Bill says:

Sweep the leg Johnny!

Kidding, I just want the Habs to win. I’m bracing for an absolute barrage of penalties against and uncalled goonery against.

Forgot to mention that if McCreary is the NHL’s best, that is the definition of damning with faint praise. I was at the Carolina/Habs game he called and it was the same old thing: Habs called for everything, Canes barely anything.

Full Breezer 4 Life

19. captaink4life says:

Corey Crawford lol

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

20. Bill says:

It’s great that in this boring, watered-down league, there are still a couple of teams who actually dislike each other and get up for the games against each other in a special way.

And it’s great for us as fans to have an enemy team we can really despise. Go watch the ice-chips video on and see if it doesn’t really tick you off. It’s irrational because we’re completely uninvolved, but it’s so fun and satisfying.

Milan Lucik: “We’re not gonna go out of our way to be stupid”. Think about that very funny sentence for a second.

Full Breezer 4 Life

21. JonoPEI says:

I thought the same about Crawford until I looked at this win-loss record.  Price is 31-21-6, and while he’s been our MVP, that’s still a lot of losses.   Crawford is 26-12-3 which is statistically better winning % and his GAA is better.   I think Price is a better goalie, but these ratings are done on stats, where Crawford, and 4 other goalies have better numbers.

22. Shiloh says:

My buddy just sent me this:

Husband: “Hey sexy, wanna go upstairs?”

Wife: “You’re getting so romantic.”

Husband: “No, the hockey game is starting. Get the f*&# upstairs.”

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Gallagher’s my favourite dark horse in the Habs system easily, kid is just relentless around the net. I’m hoping the concussion he suffered on the weekend is not too bad, it could really set him back.

BPA – Best Player Available, I forget not all internet hockey shorthand translates, picked it up from HF Boards.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

24. Jordio-oh says:

Kilgour’s. 509 Bloor St.  At Bloor and Clinton.

Its basically a Habs bar. They play the sound too and everyone thats in the bar is there to watch the game.

25. WarHero says:

Ouch … that it could, especially for a kid his size. Let’s pray! I was skeptical when they picked him, but i have been following his progres this year and I am quite pleased 🙂

Thx for the Explanation 🙂 Appreciate it, lol

Ottawa67’s Blogger:

26. kempie says:

I’ve never been there personally, but I have it on very good authority that the place to go is called Kilgour’s on Bloor, west of Spadina. I’ve heard that it’s owned by a huge Habs fan and that he has every game on the screens. Good luck.

27. sims says:

Done.  much appreciated

28. kempie says:

Inglewood Jack!

What would Jules do?

29. New says:

I suspect “not” to the mayhem tonite. The Bruins lost the following three games and the Canadiens lost I think 4 of their next five. It was an important game. 24 Mar 11, if the standings look solid, is when Julien will tell the boys to send the message.

30. Shiloh says:

Take the Bloor subway to Spadina – short walk a couple of blocks west after the stop. Or go to Bathurst and come back a couple of blocks east. Watched many a game there. Tuesday night is wings – very good and very reasonably priced. There’s a seat from the old Forum in there as well – neat place.

31. Abe68 says:
    A Montreal Canadian’s fan lie sounds like this: “We don’t need to goon things up to win hockey games”.
    If they’re players, like this: “Revenge is winning” – Hal Gill.
    Perhaps the only honest Hab, was Chris Nilan, commenting on the Boston/Montreal fiasco: “It was despicable. Hall Gill should be ashamed… embarrassed. It’s sickening”.

32. ZepFan2 says:

A bruins stanley cup = winning a series against the Habs.

Btw, what’s it like to choke after being up 3 games to none, only to lose in the 7th game after, once again, leading by three?

Sucks to be you.

———————————————————————— “Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.” ~Serge Savard~

33. Abe68 says:

Cute, but like Nilan, I’m a Montreal fan. I’m just sick of all the pansy commentators trying to justify, what might have been, the most embarassing moment in Les Habs history.

34. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

Milan Lucic extols the B’s offense and team toughness on Feb. 9 and says they’ll, “have to do both again on Tuesday”

did you hear that Hab folks… MASSACRE II is coming up tonight…do you need any other warning???

this is WAR.

but thank the heavens that MARTIN went with his gut instinct and inserted some NAG North American Grit into the lineup, just unfortunate that it takes a MASSACRE before he realizes what we need. Thank God that WHITE is in over Pyatt. White is one heck of a tough kid, hard nosed that will go anywhere, no faceshield, long hair toughness, and on many after the whistle scrums, when a “Hartnell” type would look up and see its White, they back down, because White has been there.. that is the key, being a hardnosed player through the system, not an over abundance of finesse players, really unimaginable that with our top 6 being all finesse, that Martin would load the bottom six the same way… but its changing, by necessity.

Same deal with MARA, massive improvement in the GRIT scale over WEBER…

we have just gained over 100lbs of muscle, over 18″ of height and a truckload of GRIT… and its going to make a difference tonight.

Having one of : HENRY/CONBOY/BONNO on the 4th line would have been the icing on the cake for this match, but Martin is a bit fearful… Dick Irvin would have done it.

anyway, make no mistake, this game will define our playoff run.

lets hope for the best…. AND LETS BREAK THEIR BLOODY FACES AS WELL…… the ROCKET WOULD….

1:The N.A.G.S. (North American Grit Speed) Youth Movement will bring us respect. 2: 02/09/11 never forget the massacre 3. up WHITE/SHULTZ/HENRY/PAX now.

35. kempie says:

You Sir, are out of your mind. What you’re suggesting the Habs do is exactly what the Bs want the most. Martin is too smart and way too experienced to play into this Micky Mouse play. MASSACRE II is not going to happen. We’re going to get a passionate, fast, possibly fairly chippy, playoff-style game. The MASSACRE II is a smokescreen.

36. Propwash says:

Might win fights, but it’s guaranteed to lose the game.

37. ZepFan2 says:

Like who?

That noted “tough guy” Boychuck? How about the hero, Campbell?? Yeah, real “tough”guys.

Let’s see how tough Marchand really is.

All I want is the two points. If YOU were really a Habs fan, so would you!

38. punkster says:

In the words of Brody in Jaws (1975): “You’re certifiable Quint. You know that?”

39. drivefor25 says:

You must be one of those discombobulated Bruins fans who said he was going to come on HIO ‘cos he’s mad Carey Price is beating Tim Thomas in the NESN poll.

Fan since ’71 (and wasn’t that a sweet win over the so-called Big, Bad Bruins!)

40. Malreg says:

You’re allowed a maximum of 4 or 5 call-ups from the trade deadline until your AHL team finishes their season.  Do you think we should waste 3 of those call ups, and 2 points tonight, to call up Henry, Conboy, and Bonneau?

41. ZepFan2 says:

I can prove you are NOT a Habs fan.

“A Montreal Canadian’s fan lie sounds like this”

It’s spelled, Canadiens. If you were a fan, you’d have known that.

Nice try bruins fan!

42. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

one callup , not three, but its a non-issue now, we got WHITE and MARA in,

WHITE in – PYATT out / MARA in – WEBER out…. thank God, we can all relax now…

let the battle begin.

43. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

yes I believe Hartnel would back down from White, and I believe that he would jump and sucker punch Pyatt.

I also KNOW what the Rocket did, and if he was in that Feb9th Game, it would have really been a Massacre.

whats insulting is how you show a wimpering disregard for the Feb 9th fiasco…

44. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

no, you are mistaken…. what i am suggesting is we have the players who can respond, and thereby DIFFUSE such idiotic MASSACRES from happening… get it?

tonight we do, and it will be a much better game than Feb 9th.

45. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

what you fail to accept, is the fact that by the insertion of WHITE & MARA, the repeat of the Feb 9th fiasco has been avoided…

46. SLYDER says:

scott hartnell is 6’2 210 lbs – 54 career NHL fights

ryan white is 6’0 193 lbs – i cant find his career NHL fight stat, although i know he had at least one vs Ottawa

what is insulting is how little you understand about hockey

47. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

you are missing the point, the bigger picture… we are a better team with WHITE and MARA in the lineup over PYATT and WEBBER, thats all… especially against teams that play a rough game,

its an MCA…. Martin Certified Move….

why are you against it? why are you undermining the Habs? you want them to get beat up again?

48. SLYDER says:

you seem so certain that hartnell would back down from white….im all but certain that i’ve proven you wrong

update: i found two fights, White vs Lee (ottawa) and White vs Guerin (Pittsburgh), and it is my opinion he won both

49. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

great, do you have the links?

50. Chorske says:

Great. So I don’t need to watch the game then? Seeing as you already know the outome?

You fell into the trap, HP. Bruins goon it up last game, so Habs bulk up. Watch the Bruins play a clean, skilled game tonight. Watch Mara and White look lost. If either Mara or White play more than six minutes, I am a monkeys uncle. Seriously, I will put money on that. Tell you what- I am watching the game with James, Punkster, and Berkshire. If White plays more than four minutes in the first two periods, I will buy those boys a round. They’ll have you to thank. Not that it’s going to happen.

51. Propwash says:

You guys at Hurleys? I can make it there in 15 minutes if I can come and crash the party…….

52. SLYDER says:

i just youtubed it sir

53. G-Man says:

Ok Professor. Let’s have the Habs waste callups on players that can’t and won’t help you win so you can fulfill some UFC dream you have. And then what?

This is March. There is a lot of water that has to run under the bridge before we get to a game that will define “our playoff run.” Usually, that game occurs…during the playoffs. So, relax and enjoy the no-hitter tonight.

54. thebigguy says:

For a team that’s beaten us only once in their last 9 efforts, there sure is a lot of moaning and groaning about the Big Bad Bruins. Every team we play tries to push us around. You’d think after the clawing of the last couple years, fans would be excited that we’re not going to have to clinch the playoffs on the last day of the season.

55. Ayan_SB says:

What a great day for sports.

Arsenal vs Barcelona at 2:30pm (TSN2 and RDS)

Then of course Habs vs Bruins at 7:30pm.

56. sidhu says:

According to TSN, Mara is in for Weber, and White in for Pyatt.

Cammalleri- Plekanec – Halpern
    Pacioretty – Gomez – Gionta
    Kostitsyn – Eller – Moen
    White – Desharnais – Pouliot

Hamrlik – Wisniewski
    Gill – Subban
    Sopel – Mara

57. arcosenate says:

You know, the AK-ELLER-MOEN line wasn’t together for the last game against the Bruins. Be interesting to see how Martin plays them. Should put them up against the Bruins second line, they’re much bigger than the Bergeron line.  Or would it be better to go size on size against the Krecji line?  Thank God I’m not coaching…

58. 21BIGGionta says:

So pumped to watch the game
    Bringing my laptop to work so i can stream it…while working..

very productive i know

59. 21BIGGionta says:

Looks good to me…we need as much size we can get.

60. thebigguy says:

I wonder how long it takes for Martin to put Moen with Plekanec and Cammy. If there was ever a game to put Moen in the top 6 (and lets be honest, beyond taking faceoffs, Halpern is really interchangeable), this may be it.

61. Propwash says:

3-1 Habs.

62. longtimehabsfan says:

Listening to Team990 today I’m finding it bizarre just how over hyped one game has become.  Never have I seen one regular season hockey game drawn so much analysis.  You would think the 8-6 game last month was on the level of the 2008 economic collapse, the JFK assassination or 9/11.

So, here comes the Super Bowl of regular season hockey games.  I wonder how much a 30 second commercial will be going for tonight.

63. habs-hampton says:

64. kempie says:

I agree.

thanks for having DIGNITY and HONOR in support of your HABS

65. habs-hampton says:

It’s nice to be able to look at the lineup and realize that all 4 lines have the potential to score goals.

66. Mr. Habs says:

The Rangers laid a 7-0 beating on the Goon Flyers. The Habs can do the same to the Goon Broons. I want to see a 5-0 win & one fight where Lucic gets his face torn open!

67. BeachHabFan says:

like the lineup. keep going at em with speed, get in timmy t’s kitchen, knock em down in front of carey and let’s see what happens (i do miss darche for his holmstrom-like ability to stand in front, but we have what we have).

as if we all haven’t gotten worked up enough already, a reasonably calm and fine piece on

let’s welcome colin cambell with open arms and a round of molson ex… delivered by air…

68. WarHero says:

Anyone playing GM mode in NHL11? If so, what year are you in and if you are using the Habs, what is your current line up?

Here’s mine (2016/2017 – I think, lol):

1st: Taylor Hall – Anze Kopitar – Mike Cammalleri
    2nd: Andrei Kositsyn – Lars Eller – Max Pac
    3rd: Ryan Howse – Tomas Plekanec – Milan Lucic
    4th: Travis Moen – Darryl Berkhole – Derek Boogaard

D1: PK Subban – Micheal Del Zotto
    D2: Drew Doughty – Cody Ceci (Habs should actually look at this kid, will be avail in 2012, plays for the 67’s)
    D3: Dylan Mclrath – Josh Georges

Nets: Carey Price

All non-Habs were acquired through the draft (Howse, Ceci, Berkhole)  or trades (Hall, Kopitar, Boogaard, Doughty, Mclrath) or signed as FAs (Lucic, Del Zotto)

Let see yours 🙂

Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67’s Live Blog & Facebook

69. SeriousFan09 says:

Ceci, 6’2″ RD, 8G, 24A, could be a nice pickup, how’s his physical game?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

70. WarHero says:

Very good Serious! He has been steadily improving all year. The kid also has a great shot, has no trouble joinng the rush, and is not afraid to drop em if need be. I really hope the Habs are looking. Kinda reminds me of PK.

Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67’s Live Blog & Facebook

71. G-Man says:

At long last all the bs being spewed out of Boston and Montreal radio will stop because “the game” is finally on.
    I expect Montreal to take a 3 goal lead on a hapless Thomas and then Julien does what he does best: have his players goon it up.

Campbell should NOT be at the game tonight. In fact, he should resign from his post because his son is in the league. (I mean, asides from being one of the worst disciplinarians that the NHL has ever had.)

Here’s to the Habs opening up a can of Woop Ass on the Brainless Beaners.

72. Jdub1985 says:

Forget any goon call ups … but Mara and White must be in the line up!

73. SLYDER says:

the thing about Mara, White, and Sopel being in the line up is the fact that not one of them was a part of the last game. everyone seems to think these three are the ones that will be answering the bell – when in fact, because neither of them had anything to do with the latest installment of the habs-bruins rivalry, that animosity and hatred wont be there for lucic, campbell, etc…

it will be because of these three that things will NOT get out of hand

74. Mr. Habs says:

5 & 1/2 HRS TO GAME TIME!

75. punkster says:

So tired of the build up to this one. Can we just kick their butts and move on please? Those 2 points would be huge tonight.

Next we’ve got the Blues to put in their place Thursday then the Pens and Caps. I don’t worry about the Booins in a playoff but those other two concern me.