Best third-period team in the league?

But games last 60 minutes.

A lost weekend.

1. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Not sure if I like that decision, but the management probably chose what’s best for the team.

2. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Good point, Andrew.

3. andrewberkshire says:

7 D doesn’t necessarily mean one will play forward. I’d say he’ll alternate shifts with someone and a forward like Cammalleri will double shift.

4. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s been sent back to HAM already, Habs may have had other concerns besides Gomez hence the call-up with HAM so close.

5. TOEmastro says:

we’re awful, becomes w’awful, which to leafs fans became throw Waffles on the ice!!!

6. McManager says:

Zack Hemsey – Mind Heist

7. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I thought Desharnais was playing..

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Haven’t we had enough of the D on forward experiment?

9. kempie says:

So Weber centres the 4th instead of Boyd? WTF? Sigh.

10. Matt_in_TO says:

It’s from composer Zack Hemsey and it’s called Mind Heist.  It was in the trailer for Inception but not the movie itself.

– In Price We Trust

11. Bouleau noir says:

I meanted, In terrm of adversaries TORONTO (as profiled by its centers ) would be as favorable a context as it will ever get if Desharnais were to be assigned a top two line duty.

12. Matt_in_TO says:

Crap!  Auld is starting and I decided to go and already bought the ticket.  Leaving in 15 minutes.  Ah well, going to have to bring extra waffles!

– In Price We Trust

13. SeriousFan09 says:

Elliotte Friedman of CBC tweets that Auld will be in nets tonight.

14. CHsam says:

Double D’s… magic

15. Exit716 says:

Special CBC promo for tonight’s game.

16. kempie says:

3D rules. I wish the real world was in 3D.

17. kempie says:

I still don’t get it. Someone should toss a cob of corn or a rubber boot tonight. Honestly, if I was going tonight, I’d toss a head of cauliflower just to mess people up.

18. Sith says:

Does anyone know the name of the song in this clip:

19. kempie says:

I have to say that it appears that Boyd has acute O’Byrnitis.

20. Chuck says:
    Jerseys: Leafs will wear their third (spelled with an H) unis tonight
    🙂

Centre Hice: Net result: Leafs cheating?

21. Da Hema says:

I guess we can assume Ken Campbell will not get a Christmas card from Brian Burke this year.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

22. Da Hema says:

I suspect the thought process behind this cancellation was black and white.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

23. sidhu says:

Boyd had a decent game against the Wings, but I do like the idea of giving DD a chance to shine.

24. gatorg says:

Thought we’d see Max Pac before DD but always like it when we see callups. They can provide spark and enhusiasm. Go Habs Go. Wonder what excuse Grapes is gonna make about Waffles!! LOL !! That is funny!

25. SeriousFan09 says:

Toronto has their kids playing center because they don’t have any alternatives though, they’re just playing Bozak, Kadri and Grabovski out of sheer desperation, they even tried playing Kessel at C because they had no alternatives. JM does have options.

26. Bouleau noir says:

Toronto’s top centers are fairly young and fairly smalls and lets not forget that the Hamilton’s system of play this year is the same as the one played by the CH for as smooth a transition as possible between the two clubs…… I guess we will have to wait and see….. maybe another NHL team want to see him in action in a real NHL game situation ?

27. SeriousFan09 says:

Lapierre-Desharnais-Pyatt I guess would be how they do it.

28. BJT says:

so Laps – desharnais and who? Boyd? Kinda weird line. Reminds me of the patchwork 4th line last year with D’ags, Laraque, MAB (wow that was a disgusting 4th line!) I kinda think it would’ve worked better to call up patches with desharnais. Laps-Desharnais-Patches might not be that bad.

And man, Desharnais seriously needs a nickname..

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

incredible goal off back of goalie’s mask

Does his stick go higher than the crossbar.?

30. BJT says:

5’7″ with skates

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

31. SeriousFan09 says:

I was thinking Desharnais on Lapierre’s line because I don’t see him playing in Eller’s role considering his recent work and Halpern’s play lately pretty much demands he have a better line than the 4th with Gomez out and Desharnais being the call-up who’s not integrated with the team.

32. BJT says:

is the PED really our 4th line? I’d say the Laps line is. & I guess it’s no longer a checking line if Desharnais is on it, more of a scoring line made from the same mold as the 1st & 2nd lines: Shooter on the wing, Passing centreman, hitting (and in AK and Pouliot’s case scoring) winger..

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

33. SeriousFan09 says:

Desharnais was written to be generously listed as 5’6″ by the Gazette when they did a piece on him last season and he somehow managed to grow another inch on that friendly height listing in media reports over the summer at the age of 23. If he’s 5’7″ than Pleky is an even 6′ tall.

JM is not going to put a call-up player as a 2nd line center, that’s just not him IMO.

34. Exit716 says:

Was that because Darren Pang wasn’t around to show everyone the “white” way of making waffles?

35. Redlight Racicot says:

You are white, they are waffle.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

Oh he’ll get it on, those Swedes are awfully uppity. Never mind he would’ve been calling for Kadri to get the Calder Trophy if he’d done it.

37. Bouleau noir says:

Eller, Pouliot and Darche are a stable line so I could see Martin using Desharrnais as a straight fit in place of Gomez on the second line……Desharnais is 5’7″ by the way.

38. SeriousFan09 says:

As do I, I don’t see how he plays beyond the 4th line and I don’t see how someone at 5’5″ really makes an impact there, it’s called a checking line for a reason.

39. BJT says:

Perhaps… I just think that having 5’5″ Desharnais with 5’9″ Cammy on one line would be pretty sketchy, especially considering desharnais isn’t quite as fast as cammy, gio, etc.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

40. Chuck says:

What, if anything, will Dan Cherub have to say on Coach’s Corner tonight about Linus Omark disrespecting the Lighnight with that shootout move?

Aside from the spinerama, it’s the same stunt that Sheldon Souray pulled against the Leafs for us a few years ago: fake the slapshot, then deke Raycroft out of his jock.

Centre Hice: Net result: Leafs cheating?

41. SeriousFan09 says:

Give call-up Desharnais Darche and Pouliot instead of reuniting the PHD Line? Doesn’t seem very Jacques-like IMO.

42. Bouleau noir says:

Any HD TV set will relay the CBC 3D signals tonigh but the 3D effects will only be avallaible to the viewers wearing the 3D glasses.

Videotron store carries the 3D glasses for 7$ but mine around the corner is out of stock….. I would run around to find a pair of glasses if I was certain that the experience would be worth it but I am not so shure….. I have a feeling that some collateral artififatcs might get in the way and that I would want to do without the 3D experience and glasses after only 10 minutes of watching it…..  annyone out there care to comment ?

43. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Breaking News:

Leafs are a garbage franchise.

Oh wait, not breaking news. Everyone knew that already.  Carry on.

44. BJT says:

Maybe Eller plays with Cammy & Moen and then Desharnais is on the pouliot line?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

45. SeriousFan09 says:

Who knows, don’t know how a 5’5″ center is going to really make the checking lines any better and I don’t see how he takes a Top 6 assignment ahead of Eller.

46. oshawahabsfan says:

Tell me about it! I’m probably going to miss GSP’s fight as well. Total downer of a night. At least I can catch the Hockey Night repeat when I get home

47. Redlight Racicot says:

Breaking News:

MLSE has just confirmed that the much anticipated “Aunt Jemima Night” has been cancelled at the ACC for tonight’s tilt between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens.

No reason was given for its last minute cancellation.

48. Matt_in_TO says:

David Desharnais has been called up!!!  I wonder if he’s in tonight and that’s why JM is waiting till 5pm.

– In Price We Trust

49. TOEmastro says:

Waffles flying into our living rooms! but seriously, just go to a game, it’s as 3D as it will ever get

50. Matt_in_TO says:

That sucks!  So close, yet so far away.

– In Price We Trust

51. oshawahabsfan says:

I’m on my way to work now unfortunately, going to miss the entire game. Anyone going to the game, or in the area around the ACC come into Longo’s, get a pizza and maybe a case of waffles while you’re at it. I may take a long break tonight and go watch the big screen on the side of the ACC. Go Habs Go!

52. oshawahabsfan says:

53. oshawahabsfan says:

Kilgour’s is the only Habs bar I know of, however I went to the Loose Moose on Front street for the last game and there was a ton of Habs fans there. It’s close to union station and the ACC so this is likely why.

No Habs items hanging on the wall, but a lot of TVs, a large bar and plenty pf bleu, blanc, et rouge wearing patrons

54. avatar_58 says:

Re- St. Louis – I don’t think he’s suggesting Omark’s move was disrespectful, I think he’s as annoyed as I am that games end this way. 60 minutes + OT of hard work, passing, forechecking, goaltending…..and it ends with some kid doing a fancy move to trick the goalie 1 on 1?

I’m beginning to hate the shootout, I’m sorry. It’s a terrible way to end a tough fight of a game. All that time worthless because some kid, who couldn’t score 5 on 5, pulled some move like that to end it. Good on him for doing it, but wow….I do not like having a game ending in a shootout.

Just wait till we have a shootout and they try PK on it. You guys have seen the move he does right? The forsberg tuck in? He doesn’t even use any effort, it just goes in. The media won’t leave it alone if he pulls that off against Broduer or Miller – and he will. We’ll praise it, but having a game end like that is terrible.

55. JD_ says:

A bit surprised you missed the waffle thing, Chuck, you know, livin’ in Loafs land ‘n’ all.

As for the reason, when you anagram waffles, you yield, Ew, Laffs.

56. Matt_in_TO says:

I’m in Mississauga.  Good to know.  Thanks.

– In Price We Trust

57. Chuck says:

“Honey, I’m going to the Leaf game tonight with the boys. In the probably event of the Leafs sucking, do we have something that we could toss on the ice? Waffles? Ok, I guess that’ll do.”

Centre Hice: Net result: Leafs cheating?

58. Chuck says:

If you’re in the west end of the GTA, there’s a bar in Oakville called the Sixth Line Pub. The owner is a big Habs fan, subscribes to RDS, and always has the Hab game on the big screen.

Centre Hice: Net result: Leafs cheating?

59. Matt_in_TO says:

Who knows.  One could waste a lot of time trying to understand leaf fan logic.

– In Price We Trust

60. Matt_in_TO says:

Where have been?  Waffles were thrown on the ice at the ACC during Thursday’s game.

– In Price We Trust

61. Matt_in_TO says:

I’ve only been there once and I was shocked at how tiny it is.  This was a weeknight game against the Islanders and it was packed.  I’d hate to see it for a Saturday night game.  With the number of ex-Pats and just sheer number of Habs fans in the GTA you would think there would be more than one place.

– In Price We Trust

62. Matt_in_TO says:

Only one I know of is Kilgour’s which in on Bloor between Spadina and Bathhurst

– In Price We Trust

63. jimhasbeen says:

mesdames et messieurs

where are the best habs-friendly bars in toronto?

64. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I bet waffles look awesome in 3D.

65. Les-Habitants says:

Ah, HNIC on a Saturday. Yah, many of the people on that show may be out of touch with the world and the hockey market (exception: kelly hrudey) but man, it’s hard to beat.  I do love that RDS has the hockey song now tho.

Gomez out, Boyd in would seem logical.

I’d have to agree with Subban being in to – although you never know with a back-to-back situation, following a loss.  Weber has looked good, perhaps we’ll see another player sat?

Either way, looking forward to this…can’t beat Habs vs Leafs on a Saturday night.

66. SeriousFan09 says:

3D is just the latest gimmick in entertainment, everyone’s trying to squeeze something out of it. Nothing was more ridiculous than having the Dallas Cowboys game broadcast on their jumbotron in 3D in the actual stadium of course. You’re at a 3D event so really, stop waching the game and watch the jumbo screen with your flimsy 3D glasses.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

You need 3D glasses for watching the RED,WHITE, and BLUE.

Only 2D glasses for watching the BLUE and WHITE fellas.

I wonder which group stands out best.?

We have been watching Mtl. hockey in 3d most of our lives.  Unfortunately Toronto fans do know the difference anyway.

68. andrewberkshire says:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how exactly hockey is going to be interesting in 3D?  It’s such a fast game, won’t everyone get a massive headache?