Best third-period team in the league?

But games last 60 minutes.

A lost weekend.

1. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Not sure if I like that decision, but the management probably chose what’s best for the team.

2. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Good point, Andrew.

3. andrewberkshire says:

7 D doesn’t necessarily mean one will play forward. I’d say he’ll alternate shifts with someone and a forward like Cammalleri will double shift.

4. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s been sent back to HAM already, Habs may have had other concerns besides Gomez hence the call-up with HAM so close.

5. TOEmastro says:

we’re awful, becomes w’awful, which to leafs fans became throw Waffles on the ice!!!

6. McManager says:

Zack Hemsey – Mind Heist

7. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

I thought Desharnais was playing..

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Haven’t we had enough of the D on forward experiment?

9. kempie says:

So Weber centres the 4th instead of Boyd? WTF? Sigh.

10. Matt_in_TO says:

It’s from composer Zack Hemsey and it’s called Mind Heist.  It was in the trailer for Inception but not the movie itself.

11. Bouleau noir says:

I meanted, In terrm of adversaries TORONTO (as profiled by its centers ) would be as favorable a context as it will ever get if Desharnais were to be assigned a top two line duty.

12. Matt_in_TO says:

Crap!  Auld is starting and I decided to go and already bought the ticket.  Leaving in 15 minutes.  Ah well, going to have to bring extra waffles!

13. SeriousFan09 says:

Elliotte Friedman of CBC tweets that Auld will be in nets tonight.

14. CHsam says:

Double D’s… magic

15. Exit716 says:

Special CBC promo for tonight’s game.

16. kempie says:

3D rules. I wish the real world was in 3D.

17. kempie says:

I still don’t get it. Someone should toss a cob of corn or a rubber boot tonight. Honestly, if I was going tonight, I’d toss a head of cauliflower just to mess people up.

18. Sith says:

Does anyone know the name of the song in this clip:

19. kempie says:

I have to say that it appears that Boyd has acute O’Byrnitis.

20. Chuck says:
    Jerseys: Leafs will wear their third (spelled with an H) unis tonight

21. Da Hema says:

I guess we can assume Ken Campbell will not get a Christmas card from Brian Burke this year.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

22. Da Hema says:

I suspect the thought process behind this cancellation was black and white.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

23. sidhu says:

Boyd had a decent game against the Wings, but I do like the idea of giving DD a chance to shine.

24. gatorg says:

Thought we’d see Max Pac before DD but always like it when we see callups. They can provide spark and enhusiasm. Go Habs Go. Wonder what excuse Grapes is gonna make about Waffles!! LOL !! That is funny!

25. SeriousFan09 says:

Toronto has their kids playing center because they don’t have any alternatives though, they’re just playing Bozak, Kadri and Grabovski out of sheer desperation, they even tried playing Kessel at C because they had no alternatives. JM does have options.

26. Bouleau noir says:

Toronto’s top centers are fairly young and fairly smalls and lets not forget that the Hamilton’s system of play this year is the same as the one played by the CH for as smooth a transition as possible between the two clubs…… I guess we will have to wait and see….. maybe another NHL team want to see him in action in a real NHL game situation ?

27. SeriousFan09 says:

Lapierre-Desharnais-Pyatt I guess would be how they do it.

28. BJT says:

so Laps – desharnais and who? Boyd? Kinda weird line. Reminds me of the patchwork 4th line last year with D’ags, Laraque, MAB (wow that was a disgusting 4th line!) I kinda think it would’ve worked better to call up patches with desharnais. Laps-Desharnais-Patches might not be that bad.

And man, Desharnais seriously needs a nickname..

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

incredible goal off back of goalie’s mask

Does his stick go higher than the crossbar.?

30. BJT says:

5’7″ with skates

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

31. SeriousFan09 says:

I was thinking Desharnais on Lapierre’s line because I don’t see him playing in Eller’s role considering his recent work and Halpern’s play lately pretty much demands he have a better line than the 4th with Gomez out and Desharnais being the call-up who’s not integrated with the team.

32. BJT says:

is the PED really our 4th line? I’d say the Laps line is. & I guess it’s no longer a checking line if Desharnais is on it, more of a scoring line made from the same mold as the 1st & 2nd lines: Shooter on the wing, Passing centreman, hitting (and in AK and Pouliot’s case scoring) winger..

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

33. SeriousFan09 says:

Desharnais was written to be generously listed as 5’6″ by the Gazette when they did a piece on him last season and he somehow managed to grow another inch on that friendly height listing in media reports over the summer at the age of 23. If he’s 5’7″ than Pleky is an even 6′ tall.

JM is not going to put a call-up player as a 2nd line center, that’s just not him IMO.

34. Exit716 says:

Was that because Darren Pang wasn’t around to show everyone the “white” way of making waffles?

35. Redlight Racicot says:

You are white, they are waffle.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

Oh he’ll get it on, those Swedes are awfully uppity. Never mind he would’ve been calling for Kadri to get the Calder Trophy if he’d done it.

37. Bouleau noir says:

Eller, Pouliot and Darche are a stable line so I could see Martin using Desharrnais as a straight fit in place of Gomez on the second line……Desharnais is 5’7″ by the way.

38. SeriousFan09 says:

As do I, I don’t see how he plays beyond the 4th line and I don’t see how someone at 5’5″ really makes an impact there, it’s called a checking line for a reason.

39. BJT says:

Perhaps… I just think that having 5’5″ Desharnais with 5’9″ Cammy on one line would be pretty sketchy, especially considering desharnais isn’t quite as fast as cammy, gio, etc.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

40. Chuck says:

What, if anything, will Dan Cherub have to say on Coach’s Corner tonight about Linus Omark disrespecting the Lighnight with that shootout move?

Aside from the spinerama, it’s the same stunt that Sheldon Souray pulled against the Leafs for us a few years ago: fake the slapshot, then deke Raycroft out of his jock.

41. SeriousFan09 says:

Give call-up Desharnais Darche and Pouliot instead of reuniting the PHD Line? Doesn’t seem very Jacques-like IMO.

42. Bouleau noir says:

Any HD TV set will relay the CBC 3D signals tonigh but the 3D effects will only be avallaible to the viewers wearing the 3D glasses.

Videotron store carries the 3D glasses for 7$ but mine around the corner is out of stock….. I would run around to find a pair of glasses if I was certain that the experience would be worth it but I am not so shure….. I have a feeling that some collateral artififatcs might get in the way and that I would want to do without the 3D experience and glasses after only 10 minutes of watching it…..  annyone out there care to comment ?

43. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Breaking News:

Leafs are a garbage franchise.

Oh wait, not breaking news. Everyone knew that already.  Carry on.

44. BJT says:

Maybe Eller plays with Cammy & Moen and then Desharnais is on the pouliot line?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

45. SeriousFan09 says:

Who knows, don’t know how a 5’5″ center is going to really make the checking lines any better and I don’t see how he takes a Top 6 assignment ahead of Eller.

46. oshawahabsfan says:

Tell me about it! I’m probably going to miss GSP’s fight as well. Total downer of a night. At least I can catch the Hockey Night repeat when I get home

47. Redlight Racicot says:

Breaking News:

MLSE has just confirmed that the much anticipated “Aunt Jemima Night” has been cancelled at the ACC for tonight’s tilt between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens.

No reason was given for its last minute cancellation.

48. Matt_in_TO says:

David Desharnais has been called up!!!  I wonder if he’s in tonight and that’s why JM is waiting till 5pm.

49. TOEmastro says:

Waffles flying into our living rooms! but seriously, just go to a game, it’s as 3D as it will ever get

50. Matt_in_TO says:

That sucks!  So close, yet so far away.

51. oshawahabsfan says:

I’m on my way to work now unfortunately, going to miss the entire game. Anyone going to the game, or in the area around the ACC come into Longo’s, get a pizza and maybe a case of waffles while you’re at it. I may take a long break tonight and go watch the big screen on the side of the ACC. Go Habs Go!

52. oshawahabsfan says:

53. oshawahabsfan says:

Kilgour’s is the only Habs bar I know of, however I went to the Loose Moose on Front street for the last game and there was a ton of Habs fans there. It’s close to union station and the ACC so this is likely why.

No Habs items hanging on the wall, but a lot of TVs, a large bar and plenty pf bleu, blanc, et rouge wearing patrons

54. avatar_58 says:

Re- St. Louis – I don’t think he’s suggesting Omark’s move was disrespectful, I think he’s as annoyed as I am that games end this way. 60 minutes + OT of hard work, passing, forechecking, goaltending…..and it ends with some kid doing a fancy move to trick the goalie 1 on 1?

I’m beginning to hate the shootout, I’m sorry. It’s a terrible way to end a tough fight of a game. All that time worthless because some kid, who couldn’t score 5 on 5, pulled some move like that to end it. Good on him for doing it, but wow….I do not like having a game ending in a shootout.

Just wait till we have a shootout and they try PK on it. You guys have seen the move he does right? The forsberg tuck in? He doesn’t even use any effort, it just goes in. The media won’t leave it alone if he pulls that off against Broduer or Miller – and he will. We’ll praise it, but having a game end like that is terrible.

55. JD_ says:

A bit surprised you missed the waffle thing, Chuck, you know, livin’ in Loafs land ‘n’ all.

As for the reason, when you anagram waffles, you yield, Ew, Laffs.

56. Matt_in_TO says:

I’m in Mississauga.  Good to know.  Thanks.

57. Chuck says:

“Honey, I’m going to the Leaf game tonight with the boys. In the probably event of the Leafs sucking, do we have something that we could toss on the ice? Waffles? Ok, I guess that’ll do.”

58. Chuck says:

If you’re in the west end of the GTA, there’s a bar in Oakville called the Sixth Line Pub. The owner is a big Habs fan, subscribes to RDS, and always has the Hab game on the big screen.

59. Matt_in_TO says:

Who knows.  One could waste a lot of time trying to understand leaf fan logic.

60. Matt_in_TO says:

Where have been?  Waffles were thrown on the ice at the ACC during Thursday’s game.

61. Matt_in_TO says:

I’ve only been there once and I was shocked at how tiny it is.  This was a weeknight game against the Islanders and it was packed.  I’d hate to see it for a Saturday night game.  With the number of ex-Pats and just sheer number of Habs fans in the GTA you would think there would be more than one place.

62. Matt_in_TO says:

Only one I know of is Kilgour’s which in on Bloor between Spadina and Bathhurst

63. jimhasbeen says:

mesdames et messieurs

where are the best habs-friendly bars in toronto?

64. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I bet waffles look awesome in 3D.

65. Les-Habitants says:

Ah, HNIC on a Saturday. Yah, many of the people on that show may be out of touch with the world and the hockey market (exception: kelly hrudey) but man, it’s hard to beat.  I do love that RDS has the hockey song now tho.

Gomez out, Boyd in would seem logical.

I’d have to agree with Subban being in to – although you never know with a back-to-back situation, following a loss.  Weber has looked good, perhaps we’ll see another player sat?

Either way, looking forward to this…can’t beat Habs vs Leafs on a Saturday night.

66. SeriousFan09 says:

3D is just the latest gimmick in entertainment, everyone’s trying to squeeze something out of it. Nothing was more ridiculous than having the Dallas Cowboys game broadcast on their jumbotron in 3D in the actual stadium of course. You’re at a 3D event so really, stop waching the game and watch the jumbo screen with your flimsy 3D glasses.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

You need 3D glasses for watching the RED,WHITE, and BLUE.

Only 2D glasses for watching the BLUE and WHITE fellas.

I wonder which group stands out best.?

We have been watching Mtl. hockey in 3d most of our lives.  Unfortunately Toronto fans do know the difference anyway.

68. andrewberkshire says:

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how exactly hockey is going to be interesting in 3D?  It’s such a fast game, won’t everyone get a massive headache?

69. Matt_in_TO says:

Boyd and Weber are skating in the warm-up.

70. Matt_in_TO says:

Auld looks good so far in the warm-up

71. Keith says:

I just hope the boys play good in front of AA tonight, need a good bounce-back game against this team.

GO HABS GO!!!

72. SeriousFan09 says:

If Habs whip the Leafs tonight, I’m rooting for the classic rotten tomato to be thrown at Phaneuf.

73. scrowe21 says:

Ahhh..its great to rewatch Laraque pound Gratton. What a tool, that KHL “brawl” is so dumb.

74. TOEmastro says:

does future considerations basically mean; here take ‘im, but remember my face?

75. MikeMcLaren says:

Which habsinsideout.com servers are starting tonight?

Last night’s sucked.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

76. habsfan2442 says:

I am a true Hockey NUT…  82′ HD 1080P 3D  TV in my livingroom 45 Minutes before the game starts..

Woooooooooooooooo

77. TOEmastro says:

interesting factoid, the mobile site still worked during the crash.. I was following on my phone and was wondering why there was no updates

78. andrewberkshire says:

Mario Tremblay thinks Ron Wilson is too hard on his star player?!?!?!?!? Mario Tremblay? Mario ****ing Tremblay?!?!?!

79. SeriousFan09 says:

Mario Tremblay is quite the guerilla comedian.

80. olematelot says:

Kowal called all the penalties on the Habs. Vinnerborg called the only penalty on Detroit.

81. MikeMcLaren says:

82 FOOT 1080p?  Awesome!  ;)

That’s a helluva TV, but probably an even better living room!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

82. Matt_in_TO says:

Ironic isn’t it

83. TheMostCupsPeriod says:
    Prediction:

Leafs HAVE to win. Fans are throwing food at ‘em, for heaven’s sake.

Thank you Mr. Boone :)

84. Matt_in_TO says:

Exactly how big is your house?

85. Mike Boone says:

Just to be safe, we replaced the hamsters AND the treadmills

86. andrewberkshire says:

Blows my mind.

87. Mike Boone says:

Exactly where is your house and exactly when do you go to work? My friend Vinnie has a van ….

88. andrewberkshire says:

The most pathetic thing on earth is when CBC tries to be “cool”.

89. habsfansince91 says:

i already got a couple error pages while trying to get in…

90. Danno says:

Leafs will be in 3D after the Habs are through with them

D-plorable

D-moralized and

D-feated

91. punkster says:

Just a few pre-game musings from punkster’s armchair.

I’ll keep it short tonight because I know you’re all hunkered down with your giant 3D TVs, adjusting your giant 3D galsses and popping open a few 3D brews.

• Fact is not much more needs to be said other than this simple prediction: there will be waffles.

92. topher5468 says:

I still can’t look directly at him, and i hate hearing him speak, it just pisses me right off.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

93. doogmac says:

Game doesn’t start till 7:23 – man and i timed my pizza coming out of the oven for the 7:15 start . . . oh well

94. andrewberkshire says:

Apparently he’s a good analyst, but I can’t do it. Can not listen to him.

95. gumper says:

Instant Karma?????? Theatre of the absurd.

96. Exit716 says:

I feel bad for the folks watching in 3D seeing Kaberle and his Wild and Crazy Guy suit…

97. habaholic68NJ says:

Hope we go with 7 D tonight with double shifts by top 6 on the fourth line.

98. J.J. of Turku says:

This is scary… I chose tor-mtl from the espn and they are showing wsh… S*it!

99. Danno says:

Will 3D technology do full justice to Dion Phaneuf’s magnificent new hairstyle?

Stay tuned.

100. petrov14 says:

Hahaha reminds me of the spinaltap movie

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

101. petrov14 says:

Dont forget to grease the wheels too.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

102. TOEmastro says:

you forgot D waffles

103. J.J. of Turku says:

Phew… Looks like it’s just a bug… Needed to switch between different games and now I see geezers walking in the ice with t(h)ird jerseys…

104. Danno says:

Good. Those other ones were gone fishing all the time.

105. habsfan2442 says:

Merrimack NH…  ;-)

House is plenty big…. and it LOOKS AWESOME worth every penny..

106. habsfan2442 says:

LOL with the VAN… I needed to rent a U-HAUL to get it home.. My ram 1500 wasnt quite big enough

107. joeybarrie says:

Does anyone know where i can go to get an update on when St. Pierre starts his fight, and when HE WINS???

108. LatheDog says:

I know the focus now is on the Leafs. But I’m still bothered by the game last night against the Wings.  Please let me know whether or not I have a legitimate beef here.  I felt that the officiating was very questionable.

There is only one European ref in the National Hockey League.  His name is Marcus Vinnerborg and he is from Sweden.  He is about 37 years old, but this is his first year in the NHL.

I can’t help but wonder if he was slightly in favour of the Red Wings last night.  Montreal got six penaties compared to Detroit’s one.

Montreal has zero Swedes on the team.  Detroit has six Swedes on the team:Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterburg, Kronwall, Franzen, and Ericsson.

I’m just saying, “Of all the teams to officiate, why would they place a Swedish ref in a game involving a team that is loaded with Swedes”???????

The other ref was Canadian.  His name last name is Kowal, I believe.

Please tell me if I have a legitmate beef here or not.  Thank you for your input.

109. CBrady12 says:

it will be tweeted instantly most likely

110. twocents says:

Due to the shocking, enquirer-like revelations found in the post below I’ve decided to re-post it for those who haven’t had the chance… Vikings 3:14…

I think I am on to something this organization is up to. Bear with me here.

In 1979 they draft a gigantic talent from Sweden, standing a mere 5 feet 7 inches tall.

14 year later, 1993, they draft a dazzling, lion-hearted Finn, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall.

Refusing
    to let any organization get in the way of their plans, the Habs then
    aggressively pursue and acquire a strong, unshakable, highly skilled
    Dane, standing 6 foot 1 inch tall…. drafted in 2007, the same 14 years
    later.

Look for an unstoppable, spectacular, Norwegian power forward, standing 6 foot 4 inches to be drafted in 2021.

And
    be certain for the culmination of this devious plan to result in the
    drafting a 6 foot 7 inch Icelandic behemoth of dominating skill and
    force to be selected in 2035.

Things look good long term, I tell ya.

You heard it here first folks.

111. TorontoHabsFan says:

So is Boyd in or out? Stubbs is saying he’s in. You’re saying he’s out.

(you know your fantasy team is having injury trouble when you’re trotting Dustin Boyd out there…)

112. joeybarrie says:

The NHL has refs. Hopefully they are unbiased regardless who they officiate. i dont see the league saying we will not appoint a Swedish ref when the team has swedish players. Then NO CANADIAN REF COULD BE IN THE NHL…

My problem with lasts night officiating is the fact they managed to make the game unfair. To me the ref is supposed to make the game fair for both teams. They saw some questionable calls, and called them all for only one team. That is a problem in itself. Too many men and Pleks were both SOFT, and pleks came while we were already down. Even the Detroit announcers questioned the call.

Then they never tried to even it up. I found that in the 3rd we were being penalized because the refs were no longer calling the soft penalties.  We should have had 1-2 make up calls, and Pleks should never have gone to the box.

BUT in the end we had the chances and have no one to blame but ourselves for losing. We couldnt score. AK could hit the open net and we couldnt get anything past Howard in the 3rd.

We missed Gomez.

113. kempie says:

Well, it sure looked suspicious. A string of phantom calls against us and a boatload of missed stuff on them. As for the reason for such officiating? Maybe they’re just that dumb & blind or maybe there’s a sinister hidden agenda. We’ll never know. But it sure smelled bad.

114. win4ce says:

Anyone watching the game in 3D? Curious to see how many people actually have the right tv set and glasses

115. StevieRay says:

PK….where are you ??? this whole PK thing from Cherrry to Richards and now goof ball Pheneuf ….this just is not right ..I hope the kid hasn’t been ruined by all of this !

Let the kid paly his game ….. this stuff happening around him is a silly as teh ” code” . Now they are talking about the Omark shoot out goal as being a hot dog disrepectful goal …..

It’s a shootout !!..repeat after me a Shootout ….a gimmick to begin with .I suggest you all just do what you a paid to do …play hockey !

116. aemarchand11 says:

PK is a rookie, and will make mistakes. We all knew that what we saw in the playoffs, much like what halak did, could not be repeated on a nightly basis.

Richards, Cherry or Martin didn’t cause this to him. Its called VIDEO, much like with Stamkos the teams are adapting and exposing the players’ weaknesses.

Subban is a quality athlete and person, he will get better and make better decisions as he gets more experience. He is not a veteran, so give some time and support in both good times and bad.

2010-2011

117. Harani says:

Can we stop freakin out and come back to Earth for a second! On a period of two games, the Habs did not suddenly become the worst team in the league. The morons who suddenly think we have no talent, you can stop reading now because I don’t think you’re heart can take any positivity.

And people are making it seem like we suck. Yes we just lost to the Leafs and they suck but we did lose to Edmonton as well. In this league, you play 60 minutes at 100%, you always have a chance of winning. Unfortunately, doesn’t happen every night.

What sucks for the Habs is the schedule that the NHL smacked on them. Wednesday night against Philly and Thursday night against Boston. The more important game this week will be Boston. Bruins are 2 points behind with 1 game in hand. Habs have to win the division and the only way of assuring that is staying ahead of the Bs.

Two reasons why I think Habs will sweep the both games:

1. Habs always play better against better opponents.

2. Wednesday, I’ll be studying hard at the library for my Physical Chemistry final on Thursday morning. (Reminder that the Habs record when I’m studying and not watching the game is currently 9-0)

3. Thursday, I will be going to the game at the Bell Centre after a long hiatus and you all know how fabulous the Habs play with me in the building.

Good night folks!

“It must be love!”

118. aemarchand11 says:

Thats a shame, he’s going to be great for this team.

2010-2011

119. Harani says:

I would start with Max Pacioretty.

“It must be love!”

120. aemarchand11 says:

All I have to say is:

Cheers.

2010-2011

121. Danno says:

Harani, it’s not just that we sucked. We sucked in 3D.

122. aemarchand11 says:

Pouliot deserves a shot on the top 2 lines, get him on with Gomez (Hopefully Wed) and see what Happens.

Pleks and Kostitsyn are always a lock, the others are interchangeable!

2010-2011

123. Propwash says:

Slumps like these happen to EVERY team.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

124. topher5468 says:

So your blaming the schedule, I dont understand, The schedule doesn’t not show up for games and look disinterested for long stretches at a time.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

125. aemarchand11 says:

Agreed, didnt detroit lose three straight before beating us??

2010-2011

126. punkster says:

Oh, the humiliation. It’s enough to make me toss my waffles.

127. topher5468 says:

your probably right, I just think things are not right with his game right now, maybe sitting for a couple was the wrong move.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

128. SeriousFan09 says:

Remember the name Tom Kowal folks, he just entered Chris Lee territory for officiating.

129. Exit716 says:

I feel bad for Auld. Those were two weak goals, but there wasn’t a ton of urgency.

130. aemarchand11 says:

I hope others are keeping their fingers crossed that Spacek is going to be back next game…

2010-2011

131. mrhabby says:

blueberry , c.chip , plain???

132. aemarchand11 says:

Hard to say, I think it has to do with the changes he has to make. He used to always rush the puck into the zone, similar to Gomez. Now he rarely even enters the offensive zone, but he’ll get over the struggles. The Slapshot at the end was an awful judgement call, but ah well next one..

On the bright side, Boston is 2 pts further from a lottery pick!

2010-2011

133. joe-hab-nuno says:

Next year the gaffs will have a pre game celebration for being the first team to win a game in 3 d

134. joeybarrie says:

I do not condone this type of behaviour. HOWEVER, it make sme want to throw crap at the refs when they officiate this poorly. There should be some sort of repercussion. A couple of frozen waffles wipped at the refs heads (since they wear helmets) seems fair…. A couple of paintball shots in the chest seems fair to me too…

Cause its clear the league doesnt do anything.

Now I know I only see things one way, but Beauchemin was bad tonight and the refs really didnt give us a fair game, AGAIN…

135. Chuck says:

I’d like to see Hamrlik pull PK onto the ice an hour before the next game and sho the kid how to get a wrist shot past the first line of defenders and through to the net.

136. shootdapuck says:

Might be time well spent to teach the entire team how to shoot on goal!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

137. boing007 says:

Richard R

Why don’t they put PK on a forward line with Eller and Pouliot? He’s already a two-way player. Put him in front of the net on the power play as well. Bring up another defensemen to replace him. Send Picard back down.

138. boing007 says:

Richard R

Bring back the PCK line & the PHD line. Create an eggs line: Eller/Gionta/Subban.

139. sidhu says:

Two things, among others I am sure, that stuck out from tonight’s performance: 1) we have no net presence to speak of (with due respect to Gionta), and 2) we cannot match teams physically at all (Clark MacArthur should have been challenged, or we should have rang some bells after that fight, but nothing).

A telling indication as to the Leafs’ character or lack thereof: MacArthur is punching Spacek when he’s down on the ice.  It’s ironic that MacArthur complained that Spacek hit him when he’s vulnerable, and then turns around and hits Spacek when he’s clearly down and out.  No class.

140. JF says:

Just skimming through the posts, I see everyone is as angry about this game as I am.  I hate losing to the leafs.  I hate the officiating.  I hate when the Habs come out flat (even though it was predictable after their heroic but ultimately useless effort last night).

But I’m worried that this is the start of a skid.  Nothing until Wednesday, then a really tough back-to-back. They’ll probably start flat on Wednesday as well, after not playing for three days, and before we know it it’ll be 2-0 Philly.  Or am I being too pessimistic?

141. Samovich says:

That was awful! The refs should give  the Habs a fighting chance!  The habs could not put two passes together to save their lives!, and the leafs played like that was they were allergic to Waffles !

142. coachdoug says:

Hard to blame one person or the coach…team breakdowns galore tonight…can’t win in the box all night…PK’s mistake at the end really sunk the ship…I love PK to death but you have to be patient on a PP or with the extra man…

Not the end of the world…sun will rise tomorrow…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

143. topher5468 says:

Im not impressed with Subban, hes terrible as was our offence. This team has played 30 minutes of hockey out of 120 the last 2 games and With Philly and Boston looming, we better show up and play a full 60 or we will have a 4 game loser on the heels of a 7 gme roadie, Turning point of the season is right now

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

144. mrhabby says:

Jamie Langenbrunner  on Habs.???

145. OneTimer says:

You said you would leave forever, what happened troll?

146. gumper says:

On the other hand, when you lose, you have to look for the specific reasons why. No good to just say, “Oh well, we all played poorly.” as a way to get ready for the next game. Lots of blame to go around, for sure, and I’m also sure the players will support each other by agreeing they laid down a stinker tonight, but I don’t think the coach has that luxury, and I know we armchair coaches don’t either.

147. olematelot says:

You win as a team and you lose as a team, people gotta stop pointing fingers and blaming individuals for the teams shortcomings in a game. Of course those who point fingers are themselves perfect in every way.

148. MikeL says:

Cmon. Be realistic. The individuals makes up the team. If it was only the team that mattered, everyone would be paid the same, play the same amount, and there would be no names on the back.

149. Danno says:

That reminds me — that when you point a finger, you have four fingers pointing back at yourself

150. andrewberkshire says:

I despise all these low percentage shots from the boards. Terrible game, as every game against the Leafs is.

151. JIMVINNY says:

They aren’t calling anything against the leafs.  Apparently spearing is okay now as well.

152. CHsam says:

seriously… somebody crush Grabovski

153. Propwash says:

Wonder if the issues are a ddos attack on the server

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

154. scrowe21 says:

This is embarrassing. Terrible game for everyone.

155. shootdapuck says:

Somebody wake up the Habs bench.

They have stooped to playing as bad as the laffs.

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

156. shootdapuck says:

The HIO beancounters find some cheap server space for HIO and look what happens!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

157. Samovich says:

I simply can’t believe It!!!

158. JVF says:

HIO: 2D TV and 3rd rate bandwidth…

159. CHsam says:

CAMMY! just gonna say it… Pleks works hard.

160. OneTimer says:

Here we go boys, let’s make it happen

161. OneTimer says:

Man Pleks is such a competitor, love his game

162. Shiloh says:

Hughson is insufferable. Pleks turned Schenn inside out three times and all that homer saw was Schenn playing masterfully.

163. olematelot says:

Hughson has become a Laffs homer just like the rest of them

164. SeriousFan09 says:

Can’t believe people are upset with Omark goal.

A ton of the shootout is psyching out the goalie, you spin and it messes with him, it’s a great freakin’ move.

165. Josh says:

Coincidence that Tom Kowal reffed last nights game and then tonights game and both games are one-sided against the Habs?

166. Chuck says:

Kovy says that he’s not asking for a trade, but maybe he’s trying to force the Sens’ hands by calling out the coach.

167. scrowe21 says:

jealousy + sore losers. The goal was awesome. Listening to St.Louis whine about it was painful. Gotta wonder if people would be upset about it if Ovechkin or Crosby did it.

168. Chuck says:

MacArthur says that he went after Spacek because he made contact with him when he was vulnerable… then proceeds to punch Spach when hes down on the ice with the linesman over him. Hello, pot?

169. Samovich says:

YES! according to Kowal the Habs played against Mother Theresa  and Gandhi The last 5 periods !!

170. habguy says:

ther’s a reason Auld has played for half the teams in the NHL.

he’s awful.

but is it asking too much for the lazy habs to play a 60 min ute game ever?

171. Wops says:

ahaha just watch atdhe.net for the game Isles vs TBay…

Quebec Boys cheering for 30sec at the 15min mark for no reason. Ahaha classic! Announcers looked pissed off

172. Shiloh says:

Milbury calls L’Artiste a dog. Spezza’s the dog on that team.

173. SeriousFan09 says:

That was really sad considering St. Louis has a great rep and won the Lady Byng for Gentlemanly play. You expect to hear this nonsense from Mike Richards but not a veteran like Marty.

174. Chuck says:

It’s been 15 years since they lost the Nordiques. They’re doing it as a memorial/tribute to their team.

175. hablifting says:

I was a huge fan of Kovy when he first came in the league.  However, he lost me ages ago with his on again, off again play.  Tons of talent but just zero consitancy or heart.  Complaining as he did just begs the question of what world the guy is living in .  There is a reason every team has said the same things about the guy.

Milbury knows plenty well what a dog looks like, he did sign Yashin remember? :)

176. Larry says:

Ho-Hum another powerplay for the Leafs.

We MIGHT get one if the game gets out of reach for us.

177. scrowe21 says:

Boyd ties this up and Gomez gets the OT winner.

178. Shiloh says:

I’d take Kovalev again in a heartbeat.

179. hablifting says:

If we could get him for free maybe.  We need a big power forward, badly, not another floater.

180. B says:

Who has a better save%? Auld or Price?

181. RGM says:

I’m glad you’re not the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens.

182. larisalapointe says:

haha, shades of the past…blatantly awful reffing 2 nights in a row. Our team will come back stronger. Carey Price is not just the best goalie, he is the pillar of the team. Can’t blame Auld, he’s mega rusty, and it shows.

183. JIMVINNY says:

The habs REALLY can’t catch a break.  No luck at all.

184. Chuck says:

Looks like even Boone gave up on the server!  :)

185. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Enough with the shots from the outside, not doin much

186. Exit716 says:

Unfortunately, the actor playing Brave Sir Robin tonight…Mike Komisarek has been scratched from the line up….

187. VancouverHab says:

Har har.

188. SeriousFan09 says:

Fits, Josh Gorges does an impeccable impersonation of the Black Knight.

189. twocents says:

Sorry Punkster, it is in fact, without doubt, Dr. Toungues 3D House of Stewardesses.

190. JD_ says:

Then there’s Dr. Tongue famously reprisin’ Jon Voight’s role for Midnight Cowboy II in 3D…y’alllll…

Candy and Levy must have been pissin’ their pants makin’ that…y’alllll…

191. punkster says:

Question of the day for all you 3D fans.

As everyone knows, Second City and Johnny LaRue Productions was the true pioneer of 3D transmission for TV. So which do you think is better:

192. larisalapointe says:

hahaha, pancakes because they resemble waffles.

193. MikeL says:

Does anyone actually own a 3D tv that posts here?

194. notbigbird says:

I don’t have any tv that posts here. ;)

195. SeriousFan09 says:

He also might be the best defender on the back end for keeping the puck in when he works the point, issue is how he shoots, coach has to send him out there above Josh Gorges.

196. Mark C says:

BTW, Buffalo has taken the 5th most minors in the league and are 16th in PP opportunies. All the yelling doesn’t seem to be helping too much this year.

197. Danno says:

I hope so. We will need him. He’s good as gold.

198. Chuck says:

You never got on Price for letting in bad goals, eh?

And I didn’t say that that you advocated replacing Price with Auld. All I said what that Auld sucked on the two goals.

I after with you that the rest of the team sucked, but in the first period, so did Auld, putting them in a hole that they couldn’t get out of.

The goals might have been scored in the first period, but they still needed to be overcome in order to win the game.

199. matrags says:

well so far in the  last thiry days or so we are proving to be a five hunded team give or take a win . Some obvious holes  need to be filled. One a d men , to replace Markov , very hard to find . A big forward to fillout the top six with net pressence and the guts to get in front of it .Finally what was Subban doing on the point in the final minute game on the line. A telling admission on our lack of atttack from our vetern d .

200. MikeL says:

Agree. Those were 2 bad goals that put the team in a hole. Playing from behind is much harder than playing tied.

201. matrags says:

God yes , our d was terible , and begs the question why was a rookie on the point with the game on the line.We cannot hide the markov injury for a full season it will show up . There is a big void on our d when a rookie has to be singled out as the goat in a game situtation where unfortunetly he was probably our best offencive threat from that position at that time in the game , excluding Hamerlik .I love  winning by committee  however we have a big hole up front that is screaming to be filled  by a big body with offensive up side.

202. Danno says:

Gotta getta garbage goal. A nice greasy one…

203. Habscore says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnn**

………………………………………………………………. YES HABS CAN!!

204. JIMVINNY says:

The leafs are still getting away with a ton of crap.

205. Shiloh says:

That’s half a dozen dives by Colby Armstrong tonight.

206. pmaraw says:

im surprised that wasnt called icing, even tho it didnt cross the goal line.

207. SlovakHab says:

So 0-2 without Gomez.

He’s more important than you think, people.

208. Larry says:

A bullshit game. A pathetic bullshit bush league. National Hockey League officials are TOLD what to do and how to call certain games before they start. I am positive of that. The officiating again tonight was a disgrace.

209. joeybarrie says:

SO MUCH RAGE.

210. Shiloh says:

20 minute windup – and he hits the Leaf guy square in the shin pad. This was a horrible performance by PK – and by lots of other players as well.

211. andrewberkshire says:

Watching Subban play it’s very clear Martin made a huge mistake sitting him for 3 games. This looks like the start of a slump.

212. PeterD says:

We lost this game when the Game sheet was filled in without David Desharnais inserted. Bad choice JM…

213. Danno says:

That was time not well spent. The most unsatisfying game of the year. God I hate those Leafs.

214. punkster says:

I’m not normally one to dump on a player but that was such a poor play by PK. The big windup, telegraphed, shot blocked then completely out of position. Rookie mistakes are why he was sitting and rookie mistakes are why he’ll sit again.

215. RGM says:

Somebody has to teach Subban how to shoot quickly. That ridiculous backswing has gotta go.

216. Propwash says:

Horse…. game

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

217. Trenton_Romulox says:

What, was he acting as a buffer against shitty reffing?

218. SeriousFan09 says:

Subban is wasting so much of his talent with that overdrive slapshot, everyone sees it coming, has plenty of time to shot block it and it becomes nothing, this time it was the daggar.

Why will he not take a goddamn wrist shot?

219. habguy says:

habs annual meltdown has become.

take a look at their December schedule .

next 2 games vs Philly and Boston then 7 road games.

these are the real habs, a very mediocre team.

220. andrewberkshire says:

Or not. Having Markov gone, Gomez gone, and Subban looking jittery because Martin ***ed with his head cumulatively hurts this team, Gomez’s absence least of all.

221. punkster says:

Beg to differ. Clear to me PK didn’t learn a thing. Rookie mistakes. He’ll be good some day but today, not so good.

222. Danno says:

He’s a broken man. I hope JM is happy now.

223. SeriousFan09 says:

He’s been doing that stupid slapshot since the start of the season, he blew the opportunity all by himself. Don’t blame JM for something Subban should have stopped a while ago.

224. Bahamut-Prime says:

Soon as I saw Subban winding up you just knew what was gonna happen. Telegraphs too much needs to learn to just get pucks to the net.

225. Clay4bc says:

Auld did his job. When your back-up lets in 2 goals, the team should win. The rest of the team? Not so great.

The sky has fallen?

Not really, but we all HATE losing to the Leafs…

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

226. scrowe21 says:

3P 3:00

P.K. has been excellent

..I thought it was one of his worst games yet. That 175 foot “pass” to Halpern was an icing that Halpern hustled too. PK kept pinching at the wrong times, was on the ice for all 3 goals, kept trying to line up big hits and left himself way out of the play..Keeps winding up for those huge slap shots every sees coming..not so good.

227. the_larry says:

That was the most unentertaining, least-enjoyable hockey game all year. Loveeeee when the Habs stoop down to the low level of their competition, and then go lower and lose.

228. Danno says:

I beg to differ with your beg to differ. PK was playing with far more confidence and was making a positive contribution overall until Martin sat him in the dog house for a week. Now he’s a pale imitation of himself.

229. joeybarrie says:

You think a 5’7  Desharnais would have made a difference in this game??????

Really????

230. Keith says:

So humiliating to lose to that team! BLECH, BLECH!!!

231. punkster says:

Agree. But that kind of talk will get us labelled as trolls here tonight. So for my own sanity I’m going to go to bed early and forget the last two games.

232. Clay4bc says:

The worst thing about this loss is that we didn’t get to see the waffles tossed…

__________________________

233. olematelot says:

Mr negative strikes again

234. SeriousFan09 says:

Yes, because he never made a silly windup like that before he was benched. Not like he was doing it every game before this one.

He had good jump in the 3rd and helped create some offensive rushes, only failing on the coaching staff is they haven’t been able to convince him to give up that embarassing junior-level slapshot.

235. Chuck says:

It’s the TYPE of goals that sucked. You know, the kind that you’d get on Price for. Tose two should never go in on an NHL goalie, rusty or not.

The rest of the team was flat, too, but Auld deserves to shoulder his fare share of the blame.

236. punkster says:

I won’t argue the confidence thing. It’s that damn windup of his that every D man in the league now knows is coming. It has no value, no effect, other than to throw him off balance. OK, I over reacted a bit but thay whole play leading to the empty netter was just so rookie.

237. Mike Boone says:

And moved the puck when NO OTHER Dman WAS REMOTELY CAPABLE OF DOING SO

238. MikeL says:

Agree completely. Not impressed tonight. He just needs to be smarter, as he has all the tools to be a star.

It’s all in his head.

239. punkster says:

Oh, I tossed my waffles all right. Don’t you worry about that Clay. I tossed my waffles.

240. SeriousFan09 says:

In a magical world, coachs always take the blame, players never at fault.

241. joeybarrie says:

Give me ONE instance where yelling at the refs worked??????

If you think it helps then you have NEVER played a sport with a ref in your life…

242. Chuck says:

Watch hamrlik on the powerplay. He might not score a lot with a wrist shot, but it gets past the first line of defenders to create a secondary scoring chance.

243. RGM says:

Makes you wonder how strong Eggo sales are in T.O. these days eh?

244. MikeL says:

Maybe I’m missing something, but he reminded me a Brisebois tonight. Moved the puck, yes, but very high risk and not often where he wanted it.

You have to admit he’s nothing like he was to start the year.

245. Bob Barker says:

I agree, he winds up is way too much. He definitely needs to work on getting shots through.

246. matrags says:

answer me te  ,his why was a rookie on the ice on the point with the game on the line and an empty net. Answer becaue we have no one to shoot the puck from the point no on.

247. Danno says:

That is so true Punkster. I wish PK would use his great wrist shot more often. But I do feel he is playing like he’s on thin ice now so it has affected the natural flow he used to have. I hope he can get it back and the only way he can do that is if he can put that JM bullsh#t behind him.

248. SlovakHab says:

We were winning before Gomez went down even without Markov and Subban.

249. Clay4bc says:

Well Chuck, I missed the first period, and thus the goals. And I NEVER got on Price for letting in 2 goals, so enough with your BS/childish comments. I am not advocating replacing Price with Auld.

The point is that we should be able to win when our back-up lets in only 2. And bad goals or not, they were in the FIRST period, Chuck. Auld was great for the last two, and made the big saves to give the team a chance to win. The rest of the team shat the bed, and couldn’t score.

__________________________

250. joeybarrie says:

You think they were successful coaches because they took fits at the REF????????

You ACTUALLY think that that was a reason why their teams won?????

You are clueless…. TRUST ME, every ref ALIVE is LOOKING for a reason to blow the whistle with a JACKASS COACH yelling at him…

Honestly, looking like an idiot by almost FALLING off the bench yelling and throwing things at the ref did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but make sports center…

251. RGM says:

I hear that Jacques Martin is mired in 1 1000+ game scoring slump, so yeah…

252. Clay4bc says:

Good point. A guy should really buy some shares!

__________________________

253. matrags says:

I do  why was he on the ice. We havwe no one to shoot from the point no one. A rookie on the point in a gane situation.Come on  , what do you think. Blame the rookie  or the coach who sat him for three games . a Confidence builder.

254. punkster says:

Ah, not gettin’ into this tonight. Too frustrated. Have a good night my friend.

255. punkster says:

Hey Dan, seriously I have confidence in PK’s confidence. He’ll be fine.

256. DearyLeary says:

I’ll be watching in 2d HD.  3d is overrated, by the end your eyes adjust and it feels 2d anyway.

257. RJB says:

Damn! Just what i was thinking!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

258. punkster says:

MMmmmmm….syrup!!!

259. JD_ says:

Well, kudos to the Loafs org, totally bang on with their third jersey logo.

260. aemarchand11 says:

They are also 0-2 on the road, playing internationally, alternating jersey colors and when Martin eats cheerios for breakfast.

But for arguments sake, before this what was their record with Subban??? 16-7-1???

2010-2011

261. Da Hema says:

Sorry, what you wrote was kind of my point. Subban will be a fine defenceman. He’s learning.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

262. Barts says:

Love these Leafs introductions, it’s a veritable who’s who of WHO???

263. andrewberkshire says:

Geez, almost every Leafs alumni guy my reaction is “who?”

264. shootdapuck says:

Who are these mutts being introduced in Hogtown?

Says alot about LAFFS Alumni.

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

265. Chuck says:

Leafs shouldn’t do this sort of thing. It only serves to remind people of how many mediocre players they’ve had over the years.

266. Mattyleg says:

You gottit!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

267. Exit716 says:

Come on where the hell is Jim Dorey…I demand an answer!

268. Mattyleg says:

Holy Moses.

Introducing… A big bunch of nobodies!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

269. topher5468 says:

Holy Crap, I thought that was AlexTrebek, but its Daryl Sitler, Ill take Mediocracy for 1000 Alex

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

270. CHsam says:

Johnny Bower ! nice!

271. Keith says:

Gotta love ole Johnny Bower!

272. Harani says:

Lol! Nice try Leafs but your ceremonies just suck! BIG TIME!!!!

“It must be love!”

273. TorontoHabsFan says:

Say what you will about me, but I always had a soft spot for Stumpy Thomas. (His hockey sticker proved exceptionally hard to find for a 10 yr old me :)

274. RGM says:

Now that that cavalcade of mediocrity is over, can we please play some hockey?

275. HabsFanNorway says:

The Leafs have a sad history when they have to honor some guy who had 14 points in the playoffs! How many goals did Cammy have again this year in the playoffs? Yes….13! Wow…he would probably become the greatest Leaf ever with those numbers!

276. habaholic68NJ says:

Time to embrace these clowns and serve up some waffles.

277. joeybarrie says:

Wow, they really know how to make a show really suck… Typical Leafs. This is kinda sad.

278. J.J. of Turku says:

So Is that Bower the youngest living Stanley Cup winner from Toronto?

279. Mattyleg says:

I thought they trundled out Wendel Clark for all of these things…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

280. Chuck says:

Leaf ceremonies always look awkward, like a bunch of high school boys standing around the edge of the gym waiting for a girl to ask them to dance.

281. Barts says:

Was Pat Boutette not available?

282. Mattyleg says:

Looks like the Leafs made a giant flag, and told the fans to pass it around.

That’s sad.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

283. Barts says:

Hahaha, GREAT analogy.

284. JD_ says:

Now that is disrespectful.

285. Mattyleg says:

And their dumb ‘ceremony’ ran short!!

Ha! I guess they counted on a three-minute standing ovation for Allan Bester.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

286. SeriousFan09 says:

Red Wings have 2 goals on NJ with less than 2 minutes gone in the game, retire Marty, your time is over.

287. TOEmastro says:

well… that was…. WHY DID THE CART OUT BOWER? was this just to prove these guys are still alive? or was there a tribute or something?

288. Danno says:

Sucking in 3D is still sucking

289. Samovich says:

Leafs ” Greats” …… Never so few has disappointed so many, winning so little…..

290. Chuck says:

But it’s a clearer, more life-like suck.

Centre Hice: Net result: Leafs cheating?

What a Mickey Mouse organisation, thank gawd I am not one of them. Just like kindergarten. Now lets beat the ——– out of them.

292. tote-road says:

He and Myrko Frycer had an appearance tonight in thunder baby

293. TOEmastro says:

Looks like ‘the most interesting man in the world’ is sitting behind Wilson, in a pink shirt no less

Olé, olé, olé oleé

294. SeriousFan09 says:

Just me or were those last 2 icing calls questionable?

295. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, it was “trying”, that’s for sure.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

296. forumghost says:

Sorry to ask but does anyone have a link to the game.

JUSTIN.TV will not work for me, nor does ATDHE.net

Another option would be great.

Regards,

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

297. scrowe21 says:

What happened to Cammy and his sniping? He has been missing the net all year.. Brutal

298. stephen says:

You know Cammi is in a funk when he looks as awkward as Igor Ulanov on a breakaway…

299. TorontoHabsFan says:

does this work for ya?

300. Danno says:

LOL!

301. SeriousFan09 says:

Excellent research! This is good news for the Canadiens.

302. twocents says:

I think I am on to something this organization is up to. Bear with me here.

Refusing to let any organization get in the way of their plans, the Habs then aggressively pursue and acquire a strong, unshakable, highly skilled Dane, standing 6 foot 1 inch tall…. drafted in 2007, the same 14 years later.

And be certain for the culmination of this devious plan to result in the drafting a 6 foot 7 inch Icelandic behemoth of dominating skill and force to be selected in 2035.

Things look good long term, I tell ya.

You heard it here first folks.

303. JIMVINNY says:

Cammy had him beat, but he has to stop missing the net.

304. OneTimer says:

hahahahah “conveniently” man how can CBC take itself seriously

305. _Habsoloutly_ says:

The boy’s look like crap out there.

306. Propwash says:

Craaaap

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

307. JIMVINNY says:

Auld looked this sh*t on that one.  Had absolutely no idea where the puck was.

308. andrewberkshire says:

What a ridiculously terrible start. Wake the *** up guys.

309. hablifting says:

Getting dominated so far.

310. joeybarrie says:

THAT ROYALLY SUCKED……

311. CHsam says:

DUDE!!! track the puck !

312. SeriousFan09 says:

MTL is always considerate to let players break out of their scoring slumps.

313. Trenton_Romulox says:

Boy howdy, that’s what I call great goaltending. Almost choked on my pizza in rage.

314. scrowe21 says:

Cant really blame Picard, he made a great play on Kessel on the first rush to shut him down and clear it..they just kept coming. Auld on the other hand…

315. C3P1 says:

this is a tough go…an emotional game against a heated rival after one of the toughest games of the year.  this is going to take a total team effort.  so far, not so much

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

316. punkster says:

Halak would have had that one.

317. topher5468 says:

Totally out of sync, worst start of any game this year. JM needs to say something to his team, Auld looks a bit shaky

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

318. Barts says:

Why does Montreal always seem to be the cure for what ails teams, players, etc? Kessel no goals in seven, have no fear the Habs are in town. FRUSTRATING.

319. TorontoHabsFan says:

I’m starting to feel better and better about the fact that Eller was the throw in I’m getting in my fantasy trade…

Semin-Burrows-Eller for Giroux-Kulemin-Perron (hasn’t even started skating yet with Post-Concussion).

Eller is trending up big time :)

320. Danno says:

Auld waffled about which side to cover

321. JIMVINNY says:

Looks to me like they shot their wad last night in the third, and don’t have a lot left.

322. habsnation says:

Habs look like they left everything in Detroit last night. No energy so far

323. rocketsglare says:

Sloppy play and bad goal. Habs look tired. Could be a long night.

324. SeriousFan09 says:

Why can’t the Habs ever give a crap when they play TOR?

325. JIMVINNY says:

Looks like the leafs are going to get away with the same penalties the wings did.  Sjostrom was all over PK there coming around the net.

326. C3P1 says:

you have some serious meatheads in your fantasy league…haha

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

327. JVF says:

Ho-hum. Boring.

328. Ayan_SB says:

I don’t understand how that’s never a penalty. Not the first time that’s happened either.

329. TorontoHabsFan says:

Yeah, after confirming that Burrows is playing on the Sedin’s line I snatched that trade up before he came to his senses :)

330. andrewberkshire says:

Weak sauce, Auld. Very weak.

331. Trenton_Romulox says:

Put Price in.

332. Propwash says:

Phaaaaaak!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

333. TOEmastro says:

tried to grab it off the floor with his glove? that was terrible

334. hablifting says:

3 on 1 .  Wow.  Habs just can’t seem to deal with these teams that like to grind it out in the corners.

335. OneTimer says:

yikes auld, maybe Carey won’t get the night off after all

336. Shiloh says:

Brutal – Auld was way out of position – but it was like, a 4 on 1.

337. Danno says:

You really need to get the hampsters some better scotch to keep them happy Boone…

338. JIMVINNY says:

Yank him.  That was brutal.  And take PK off D.  he is rattled.

339. andrewberkshire says:

On both goals Subban was trying to cover up for Picards ridiculous mistakes. Not his fault at all.

340. Shiloh says:

Pretty strange when we get one power play every two games.

341. andrewberkshire says:

Picard needs to get the hell out of this lineup. Terrible in 3 straight games now.

342. psyko514 says:

My co-worker’s daughter is on the DDO team featured on HNIC tonight.  He’s super proud of her.  Very cool.

343. MikeMcLaren says:

Unfortunately, THIS is the Alex Auld a lot of us were worried we got in the off-season.

Sigh.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

344. SeriousFan09 says:

Hopefully someone raises a stink over this, there is no way the Habs have only drawn 1 penalty in their last 2 games. Where did this Kowal hack come from?

345. CHsam says:

NOOOOOO. F!!!

Stop the bleeding ! Put Price in !

346. HabFanSince72 says:

What a boring game.

347. Harani says:

Brutal mistake by Picard. I should have studied!

“It must be love!”

348. C3P1 says:

AYYAYAY

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

349. SeriousFan09 says:

Typical Leafs nonsense…

350. Exit716 says:

Good idea to start Auld.

351. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

now Spatch is hurt…..this has been a disgusting game so far

352. CHsam says:

Oh great. this is going great.

353. Hagar says:

Throwing the game & helping to prevent Boston from getting another high pick. Everything is going according to plan.

354. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

wait, Macarthur doesn’t get the extra two?!?!?!

355. Trenton_Romulox says:

So wait, he started a fight over THAT? Wow. MacArthur, get that sand out of your va****.

356. Shiloh says:

How is that not instigating?

357. joeybarrie says:

WTF is going on???????

358. Exit716 says:

Maybe the next shot by the Habs should be inbetween the benches at Healy.

359. HabFanSince72 says:

Switching to Family Guy now,

360. shootdapuck says:

How short is Auld’s leash?

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

361. hablifting says:
    “1P 8:45: And Spatch is injured, Mac Arthur hits him while he’s down.”
    How much have you had to drink?  Nobody was hit while they were down.  Those punches missed bad and were thrown very weakly.

362. JIMVINNY says:

Where’s the call on the crosscheck on Pleks?  That was blatant.

363. joeybarrie says:

I dont know if i have EVER seen such a bad call.

364. alfieturcotte says:

With both Markov and Spacek out and the Canadians getting pushed around, how does the O’Byrne trade look now?

365. Shiloh says:

McArthur did not land a punch but Hughson’s been erect since the play.

366. Ayan_SB says:

Are you F. blind dude? McCarthur clearly kept punching Spacek while he was down.

367. rocketsglare says:

Again poor D and bad goal to give up. Just no life in this team so far.

368. SLYDER says:

i guess clarke didnt know there was hitting in the NHL

…also switching to family guy

369. joeybarrie says:

He swung at him twice after he fell, once as he was going down and again after he was down.

370. VancouverHab says:

Okay — this is really bad: it’s pre-Gainey-shakeup bad. This is bringing back all the horrible memories of the Koivu years (I loved Koivu, hated the Hab hockey of those years.)

Whatever’s missing, I want it back.

(Coach’s Corner won’t be pretty tonight….)

371. Habscore says:

How can you put a guy like AULD against Giguere tonight!??…honestly wtf!

……………………………………………………………….

YES HABS CAN!!

372. hablifting says:

Lol.  You homers are so blind.  Watch it again.  Missed on all “punches” and my 6 year old daughter punches harder.

373. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Do you expect Price to play 82 games this season you moron.

374. C3P1 says:

yeah, I forgot how good JS Giguere is

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

375. Exit716 says:

Maybe she’ll do the world a favour and punch you in the nuts.

376. Ayan_SB says:

*Sigh*

It’s one bad period of hockey against the Leafs after losing a close game against the Red Wings. Smoke some of that BC herb and chill out.

377. Chuck says:

You fight with your 6-year old daughter?

378. hablifting says:

You guys are much to easy to piss off.  Not even a challenge.  Helps that you have no hold on reality what-so-ever.

379. _Habsoloutly_ says:

STFU troll

380. VancouverHab says:

Hate drugs, but I will have another Granville Island lager, thanks.

It’s not just this game it’s us playing crap against Toronto (again.)

Okay: so this is the Halperin who is going to intimidate the NHL as our second line centre? Ha.

And I don’t care what Cammi wants as a centre — he doesn’t get to play this total zero hockey even with a Hanson brother at centre.

381. pmaraw says:

can i say it? please? we need gomer back.

382. joeybarrie says:

PG has got to be thinking about making a move.

383. CHsam says:

Question is, what kind of move.

384. punkster says:

Zzzzzzz….Zzzzzzzz…Zzzzzzz

385. OneTimer says:

man Subban’s got no zip in his game…he has really “toned it down” hasn’t he :(

386. pmaraw says:

well… he was kinda getting carried away… wasnt he?

387. scrowe21 says:

Spacek I can live without…but they really could use Gomez right now to help gain the offensive zone.

388. JIMVINNY says:

Good God, hit the f*cking net.

389. scrowe21 says:

I dont know how everyone seems to have missed it..but Spacek came flying into the zone and took his legs out from behind, before they shoved and then fought.

390. TOEmastro says:

wow, no call

391. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

I know the Habs aren’t playing top-notch hockey, but wow the reffing is unbearable so far

392. JIMVINNY says:

This is ridiculous.  That leaf has his stick wrapped around Eller, no call.  WTF are the refs looking at?

393. Shiloh says:

How is that not holding?

394. andrewberkshire says:

Every shift Eller takes there’s a Leaf holding onto him like crazy.

395. SeriousFan09 says:

Wasn’t the Swedish Ref last night as some thought, we’ve got the same hack who was jobbing us in DET, Kowal.

396. Habscore says:

The Laffs are not even playing well…What’s going on with our Boys tonight, we should just hand the Laffs the puck and let them score…same crap! 2 easy goals

……………………………………………………………….

YES HABS CAN!!

397. punkster says:

I’m not really concerned. It’s all in the Master Plan. First you suck donkey nads, then Cherry goes on an “I tolds yas so” rant, then the Habs storm back and crush them like a waffle iron.

398. JVF says:

Yup, this sitting Subban experiment was a good move. The kid is definitely better now. Not.

399. RGM says:

1P 14:15: Homer Hughson thinks Gorges faked a skate problem.”

The CBC people have gotten to him – Hughson was always great when he did the Canucks games out west and on TSN.

400. Keith says:

Why in F do we fail to show up against this team!? WHY!!!!!

401. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Can’t stand seeing top PK guys in the box

402. JIMVINNY says:

This reffing is total BS.  The first infraction the Habs commit, their in the box.  Meanwhile, the leafs have gotten away with several.  WTF are the refs doing?

403. andrewberkshire says:

I wonder if Montreal will even get a powerplay tonight.

404. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

What a disastrous period.

This team seriously needs another top six forward.

405. _Habsoloutly_ says:

More bush reffing from Gary Bettmans NHL.

406. joeybarrie says:

You understand that playing like this was why Subban sat in the first place right???????

And did you just use the term ‘NOT’ ????  lame.

407. Keith says:

Clear penalty missed on PK.

408. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

WOW….

409. CHsam says:

somebody crush Grabovski please

410. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

oh for the love of….

411. JIMVINNY says:

They are bending us over.  Unbelievable.

412. SeriousFan09 says:

Tom Kowal is officially on the List of Refs who need a puck in the face,

Correction: Make that throat.

413. Ayan_SB says:

Hahaha. Wow.

414. Trenton_Romulox says:

This is so stupid it hurts.

415. Keith says:

That’s cheap man!

416. Shiloh says:

Wow – an awful call.

417. RGM says:

Are these cockroaches serious!?!?!?

PK gets a GD high stick – no call. Darche steps out of the box, tries to go after the puck, and that’s a penalty.

Last night was brutal, this is f’n pathetic.

418. joeybarrie says:

WTF kind of call is that????

419. topher5468 says:

But the leafs can high stick our guys in the face

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

420. Aybara says:

Complete joke

421. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Both Habs and the Refs didn’t show up.

422. rocketsglare says:

Could have been a different game if Cammalleri would have scored on the break away.

423. Ayan_SB says:

Georges St-Pierre better F. win tonight.

424. RGM says:

Are these cockroaches serious!?!?!?

Last night was brutal, this is f’n pathetic.

425. SeriousFan09 says:

It was Halpern but yeah, this is beyond ridiculous.

It’s like pre-lockout hockey what the Leafs are allowed to do to the Habs with holding.

426. olematelot says:

Hughson is terrible, I fail to understand what people see in him, in fact I’m watching on RDS and I’m unilingual english  just so I don’t have to listen to him and the other HNIC cronies

427. OneTimer says:

It was Halpern, but ya

428. RGM says:

Whoops, yeah it was. That’s how I angry I am!

429. Samovich says:

I agree, no hold on Eller, high stick on PK, and NO INSTIGATOR on Tha gorrilla Mc Crap!!

430. Samovich says:

I agree, no hold on Eller, high stick on PK, and NO INSTIGATOR on The gorilla McCrap!!

431. gumper says:

Absolute turd of a game, first to last. First time this year I’ve felt like I’ve completely wasted an evening.  Two soft goals enough to put away a thoroughly disinterested group of hockey players from Montreal. Yeah, yeah, the refs, I know, but does anyone really think more powerplays would have made a difference considering how the team played tonight? And by the way, anyone else wondering if Akost is going to pull his head out of his butt anytime soon?

432. OneTimer says:

I thought he was playing awesome until the Oilers game, where had made a mistake on the tying goal…big deal he’s a rookie

433. Habscore says:

Jinxing the unjinxed jinx??…….or smtg like that…

………………………………………………………………..

YES HABS CAN!!

434. Danno says:

H I/O servers performed better than the Habs did tonight.

435. joeybarrie says:

I want to squash this nonsense right now.

Any of you think that PK sitting out for 3 games is responsible for BREAKING him, must think VERY VERY little of his capabilities. Any player who cant come back after sitting for 3 games is someone who doesnt belong in the NHL…  Dont be so dramatic. If JM did indeed break him, then he was made of glass to begin with…

436. andrewberkshire says:

Grabovski sticks Subban in the face, ignored.

The Habs are 0-2 without Gomez.

Bargains & busts: Getting money’s worth, worth less

The Habs have the #1 bargain and Gomez doesn’t make the list of busts.

438. punkster says:

Bingo!

439. aemarchand11 says:

While nobody likes his Contract and point production. The guy gets the puck into the zone which allows the team to establish the zone. We cant dump and chase with the small forwards we have, the other teams just cut off the angles and move the puck out.

Gomez is a team player, winning is all that matters. While we dont like the cost of it, its proving to be pretty crucial to the team.

2010-2011

440. Da Hema says:

They are also 0-2 since Subban returned.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

441. Wops says:

Clearly benching subban really helped him… Not the shade of himself

There was a reason our third and four line were producing…

442. sidhu says:

Frustrating game:

- we didn’t skate or compete that hard
    - someone should have avenged the MacArthur fight against Spaceman, but we don’t have anyone to perform that function, so teams like the Laffs can take runs with impunity
    - Auld should have had that second goal
    - the penalty situation was out of wack, again, with some blatant non-calls
    - why did JM have Weber, Picard, and Subban on the ice together at the same time
    - PK’s slapper is beyond predictable

This is the first game in which I’m annoyed with PK — he jumped up when he shouldn’t have, is making minimal offensive contributions, was not helping the PP, and again attracted the attention of the other side after the whistle.  I can see traditionalists on the team thinking he’s a distraction.  When the benefits outweigh the costs, I suppose it’s tolerable, tonight it is not.

443. Dougie says:

Agree. That slapper was stupid. Set it up, man! But stupid game. Stupid refs. And stupid Habs for not taking Leafs seriously

444. MikeL says:

I agree with everything.

Subban is still flashy, but just not as efficient as he was to start the year.

It seems like whatever he tries doesn’t work.

445. Big Ted says:

I would have played both DD and Weber and sat Hal Gill. DD would have looked much better on the second line than Halpern or Moen:

AK46-Plekanec-Gionta

Pouliot-DD-Cammy

Eller-Halpern-Darche

Pyatt-Lapierre-Boyd

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gorges-Weber

Picard-Subban

446. HabsFanNorway says:

Boone, if you haven’t had a chance to check out if Denmark really is a Scandinavian country I can buy you some time and tell you that Lars “Lego” Eller is from Scandinavia :)

Everyone from Sweden, Finland (swedish speaking), Norway, Denmark: Join the Facebook group “Montreal Canadiens Fan Club Scandinavia”!

447. SeriousFan09 says:

Now we have Dave Stubbs tweeting that Boyd is in so that means 6 Ds…

Confusing day.

448. mrhabby says:

boring game..habs had no life and woke up a little in the 3rd…bloody leafs bottom feeder.  time to regroup and get ready for flyers and bruins. Price start both games thats for sure.

pk whats up with the telegraphed slap shot. the kid needs work.

449. BJT says:

bit about Armstrong… is he in the lineup today?

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

450. topher5468 says:

enough with this efin server already,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

451. CHasman says:

Not that I have anything against Auld but these are the Leafs and losing to them really sucks.  Price should be playing. I’m going to a Christmas party tonight and there will be Leaf fans there.  Go Habs, pleasssse!

452. ABHabsfan says:

“My advice to you, start drinking heavily” – Bluto in Animal House.

453. Matt_in_TO says:

Think about those of us that are going to be at the game. I only brought some many waffles.

454. Larry says:

This new server SUCKS. Losing tons of postings I am sure by people just giving up and going away

455. RGM says:

Too bad we didn’t have it on XtraHabsFan appreciation night eh? LOL

456. JIMVINNY says:

Drupal?  WTF is drupal?

457. topher5468 says:

Ah dude, im crying here, thats awesome. Its Don Cherry head with no skin

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

458. Willy the bum says:

Next time the crowd should throw eggs at the Leafs, especially Phaneuf ’cause obliviously he look like a chicken with that fauxhawk.

459. rocketsglare says:

Hey, JM you are allowed to raise your voice at the refs after that bogus 2nd call on Halpern.

460. Danno says:

A meal for the morning after…

Leggo my Eggo

461. Matt_in_TO says:

I wonder if the 500 people who actually own a 3D TV are all going to be watching the game.

462. J.J. of Turku says:

What happened to the new hamsters?

Why does D.Cherry has a coat that is made from my grandma’s old kitchen curtains?

463. JasonM says:

I always wanted to watch the Leafs suck in 3D

464. Axeman says:

As someone who is forced to wear corrective lenses just to see properly, the idea of having to wear yet another pair of glasses to see any 3D broadcast seems like yet another annoyance.  I suppose I would have to experience a 3D hockey game to see whether it is worth the hype or not, but I can almost guarantee that there will be one cameraman charged with the duty of chasing pucks that fly over the glass so the director will have something worth cutting to in 3D.

Otherwise …. GO HABS GO!!!!!!

465. Matt_in_TO says:

I thought Boone dropped the ban hammer on you

466. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“Gorges needs to sit a game or two”

Are you serious?  wow.

467. Larry says:

An even up after Spacek is chased down and mugged, Subban takes a stick in the face, and then they call Halpern on a extremely borderline interference. The officials do not even try to hide their bias. And why? The Montreal coashing staff and front office brass take it and say NOTHING.

468. habs_1993 says:

1) Pk should stop those super obvious wind ups for slapshots….Get that puck off in a hurry geez! Might as well have a sign saying….”I’m taking a big slapshot”

2) I know Auld hasn’t played in awhile, but those 2 goals…c’mon, u gotta stop them

469. habsruleworld says:

Man what an upsetting game to watch,, Loved how the habs dominated the third and had detroit scrambling crazily the whole third, loved Pouliot’s shot, what a rocket, ” un vrai boulet de cannon”!

But my god, I will not simply blame the officials, because I believe that is not just something that happens, and we all say, oh well ref had a bad game,,

Rather it was orchestrated with intent in the vein of corruption. Ref called BS penalties to absolutely kill any hab momentum and give it to the red wings, I, like you saw multiple red wing violent acts go uncalled?

RED WINGS ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF DIVERS AND FAKE EMBELISHERS IN THE NHL.

I have watched lots of games, but Red Wings win this award, each and every player throws themselves down at the least opportunity, and get the fake call every time,

Looks like they have an agreement with the ref. Ref told them, just go down and I’ll take care of the rest.

I have lost all respect for Wings after this game, they are a joke, I can see how they win, they have the refs on their side BIG TIME.

There I feel better, niow let’s kill the laffs

470. sidhu says:

Glad to see Price get a well-deserved breather.

At least DD gets some NHL pay for a  day or two, and perhaps some good press-box food.

I like the idea of experimenting with seven D — the old guys played a lot last night due to the penalties, and could use some extra help.

471. VancouverHab says:

“Burke has gone wrong in the way he has grossly misjudged the hockey market in Toronto…to make a flurry of ill-advised moves.”

And in other news, swallows flew south in the winter, the grass is green, the sky is blue, and Don Cherry made remarks deemed insulting to European hockey players.

472. Exit716 says:

Are you referring to African or European Swallows?

Sorry, couldn’t resist the Monty Python reference.

473. forumghost says:

Refereeing?

Because of the time difference (and lack of good web links) I don’t often get to watch back-toback games. The refereeing I’ve watched over the last two days is rediculous – 5 straight calls in Det and then a few no-calls here in TO, wow.  I don’t believe in the fix….but c’mon, this is brutal.

Last night, I was lucky and watched the RDS Broadcast…tonight not so much.  Jim Hughston basically claiming Gorges was lying about a skate problem…Healy stating how good it would be if the Leafs getting a third and its “game over”…seriously?  There doesn’t even seem to be effort to hid bias anymore…I understand playing it up for the audience when a team like Atlanta, or Phoenix but with Montreal in town??

And now I watched Ron and Don…enough said.

Ugh, I hope this turn around in the 2nd or this is going to be a crap weekend.

Hockey Morning (sunday!) in Korea

474. JIMVINNY says:

This server stuff is embarrassing.  How can it still be such a problem?

475. joeybarrie says:

And he may not…

I hope JM will let JOSH decide if he is injured…

476. Matt_in_TO says:

It just dawned on me.  Those guys in the photo aren’t wearing 3D glasses.  Those are waffle guards.