Another L for Habs .. and a stinkeroo against THEM!

CanadiensBruins

POSTGAME AUDIO: Mathieu Darche | Peter Budaj | Brian Wilsie | Scott Gomez | Jacques Martin

• PREGAME AUDIO: Coach Jacques Martin | Brendan Gallagher on facing Bruins’ Milan Lucic | Aaron Palushaj | Andrei Kostitsyn | Nathan Beaulieu | Morgan Ellis

What’s the Jacques Martin mantra?

Goaltending and special teams.

Peter Budaj was, to put it charitably, ordinary.

And Boston penalty-killers outscored the Canadiens power play.

The result: An ugly 7-3 pasting.

Over/under suggestions:

• Carey Price starts

• Months till Brendan Gallagher makes the team

The cuts can’t come soon enough.

1. Danno says:

Goodnight Irene!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

2. punkster says:

Even in pre-season they ignore The System at their peril.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

3. twilighthours says:

1) Don’t know how palusaj or enqvist ever make the bigs
    2) it will be tough to cut Gallagher…
    3) for all you Tony macleans out there – can we give it a rest with playing alex Henry? The guy is horrendous

————————————–
    If you’re sick of not being able to view the HIO comment structure from your iPhone, try downloading Mercury browser. If you have alternative suggestions, please send them along!

4. JasonM says:

I can’t wait for some cuts to happen, would like to see the more NHL ready players play with a mostly NHL ready roster. :)

5. Chris79 says:

Like the Cole & Gomez chemistry.

6. GenerationYHabs says:

Anyone else notice poo-poo slipping on his butt right there.

7. Nina76 says:

One sided game as usual……BORING if this is things to come I don’t want to see it………..injuries all the time & we have not started the regular games yet………..We have the smallest team in the league……………PG ???????? Hoping to see better than what we have seen to bring up if needed. I believe………or do I

8. Eventually those are gonna start going in for Gallagher, kids got a lot of hustle.

9. “Christopher Higgins Memorial Snakebit Award” LMAOO

10. jo_maka says:

Oh well. At least, Bergie is gonna stop raving like a brain damaged test monkey…….Beaulieu is great but shouldn’t be rushed.

Palushaj planking again, though. I thought all the planking quota was sent down south.
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

11. Chris Higgins says:

If they would just adhere to The System, things would be so much better!

12. A swing and a miss.

Beaulieu showed his age on that one. Bouncing puck should be played a bit more conservatively than that.

13. This is why Beaulieu is not playing this year. Kid needs more experience, he’s no Doughty [ yet ;) ] that he’ll make the jump at 18.

• Stuck_in_To. says:

This is why I love the preseason. Beaulieu has enough skill and big enough balls that he had to learn that for himself. No one could tell him that. Which shows so much damn promise! I love it!

There goes the RDS theory about Beaulieu.

15. NLhabsfan says:

To many games in a row… To much a chance of injury… See what rookies can do… Not regular season.

16. avatar_58 says:

So is this team going to stop being pushed around in the preseason or what? Rookies/AHLers or no, I don’t see the point of subjecting them to constant losses. Throw some more vets in there so that they have a chance

17. NLhabsfan says:

Never give em credit I hate the Scumbags!!!

18. We really need to make some cuts man lol

PP! Let’s get a goal here boys.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

One more game and we’ll start seeing a real roster, JM will be favouring a lot of cuts on Tuesday so he can get his team organized over the last two pre-season tilts with TB.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

20. Propwash says:

‘Course, it had to be that puke.

21. punkster says:

Yemelin seems good so far though I’ll reserve judgment on his ranking until we see them play a few games with the real team starters. I suspect though his stock may climb as the season progresses due to youth, strength, smarts and all that.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

22. NLhabsfan says:

That was a great dive.

23. Gallagher > Palushaj, Trotter, Schultz, Engqvist, Avtsin
    Maybe even Leblanc and Kristo.

So let’s not rush him. He will be here in 1-2 seasons, and he will be EVEN better than this. No need to bring him up now. This guy is 19 years old. Subban was 21 when he joined the Habs.

24. Propwash says:

I think I know who you’re talking about Boone….

To clarify, she used to be my teacher.

Anybody else getting crystal ball goose bumps from seeing Weber and Beaulieu paired together.

26. JIMVINNY says:

Good sprawl by Yemelin in on the 2 on 1.

27. hansolo says:

Was that Pouliot falling? I thought he hired a trainer and worked out this summer. I guess old habits die hard.

28. Gallagher – PING!!!

___________________________________________

Eyes on The Prize! and on Twitter

29. Propwash says:

I hope Gallager will be ok after hitting the wall like that

30. Habs fan in SF says:

anyone have a link for the game? been trying to find one for a while…

31. jo_maka says:

I don’y like this whole Beaulieu making the team craze. Love the kid, and I think Tender is the main responsible for his situation, although the environment in Mtl didn’t really help him.

I’m wondering though, is it possible to have this kid for the Dogs?

I mean, he’s clearly too good for the Q, he needs a new challenge to help him graduate to the next level, but not directly in Mtl. He can still make the WJC playing in Hamilton, right ?

_________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

32. punkster says:

I’m sorry but these RDS guys may actually be worse than the CBC crew in player analysis. This over inflated view of Beaulieu is just a bit much. In a few years…maybe….with the proper coaching, experience and some more pounds he’ll likely be just fine. But today?

***Subbang Baby!!!***

33. Just because I know you all love the barber poll unis, and the eloquent verbal styling of Jack Edwards, here’s Thornton/Henry I

___________________________________________

Eyes on The Prize! and on Twitter

34. RDS is still full on Latenderizing™ Beaulieu I see.

35. hansolo says:

Mr. Boone: I’m sure you’re back, but now the RDS crew is talking about Marc Savard and that they’d be surprised to see him back.

36. solomio says:

Boone :
    “I went for a squiert during RDS’s assessment of the Bruins. What did I miss?”

Prolly the bowl !!

“I figure PG has one or 2 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

37. hansolo says:

Mr. Boone, you didn’t miss anything of significance. They just said they had the nucleus of their cup-winning squad and they wondered about whether the Bruins would be tired mentally come February ’12 and for the playoffs. Nothing of consequence.

38. Danno says:

Who is the guy who broke into the Habs’ dressing room, kidnapped Scott Gomez, stole his equipment and is on the ice wearing his uniform tonight?
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

39. Hey Boone, I’m trying to forget the barber pole uni game.

40. hansolo says:

Call me a hockey naif but I didn’t see the point of that fight. I don’t see how it’s going to prevent any dirty play from happening later. It wasn’t Thornton who had the hit on Cole. Henry and Thornton will worry about TBD in the future. “Nice” to see the goofs in Bruins jerseys cheering on the fight.

41. The Dude says:

Right on Henry….Tell me you didn’t get some satisfaction with that tilt!

42. Holy cow, Cole has like 4 points in 3 games. I know it’s just pre-season, but this guy is good!

43. LL says:

Bruins are still a$$holes.

Just stating the obvious. ;)

44. Propwash says:

Yep, Henry did a pretty decent job there. He took quite a few as well.

45. avatar_58 says:

Atta boy Henry. Also good on Gill to shove ratboy into the ice

46. punkster says:

Only way Henry will ever make the big show. Last we’ll see of him I imagine.
    ***Subbang Baby!!!***

47. jo_maka says:

Skillsie spanking the Rat…funny stuff
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

48. jo_maka says:

Budaj looked like Halak on that one
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

49. “Did you see Yemelin flatten Horton in the crease?”

If he can do that to Chara, or heck Lucic – I might as well have a mini orgasm. Good to have a punishing d-man.

50. C_exacte says:

Claude Julien’s head looks like it’s going to explode!! perfect coach for this bloated bruins fanbase

51. jo_maka says:

C’mon, let’s kill this for LJV, the kid was right !
    _________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

52. HabsRepresente says:

Who thinks Gallagher is going to make the starting team?

53. jo_maka says:

Aaaaaand Palushaj is planking on the PP now……..the humanity…..

_________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

54. Cmon guys I know this isn’t a great start (besides Gomez, he’s a G), but leave Budaj alone. Not exactly a gorup of NHL Caliber d-men in front of him. I don’t like blaming goalies in the pre-season…or at all.
    That’s because I am a goalie myself lol

55. Chris Higgins says:

Listening on the radio, they sound kinda sucky!

56. avatar_58 says:

Why can’t our goalie stop anything? Going to be a long season if neither price nor budaj can straighten up

57. Trent Whitfield looks like one of the meth dealers from Winter’s Bone.

58. zozotheclown says:

So Lawson had a pretty good camp….lol

59. Did Bruins just score again or is that a recap??

WTFFF

60. jo_maka says:

Palushaj really wants to make the Dogs or what ?

_________________________________
    Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

61. Aaah damn it. Palushaj won’t make the team this year.

Yes, I know, obvious much.

62. Chris79 says:

Someone needs to Pummel Pouliot…..

63. Gomez will be a thug this season ahaha
    Everyone let’s jump on his bandwagon, me included

64. Danno says:

The Good Gomez is earning his pay!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”