About last night …

PriceTooth

Wonder what the “bug-eyed fat walrus” thought of number 31 in a red jersey.

Or number 76.

Or number 53.

Or number 14.

Or that number 8 who compared the Ottawa Senators head coach to a marine mammal with a weight problem.

Shall we just go on through the whole roster?

Your Montreal Canadiens came up with perhaps their gutsiest win of 2013 Friday night at the Bell Centre.

After Ottawa coach Paul MacLean used “number 61″ to dismissively describe Raphael Diaz after Game 1, Brandon Prust took umbrage and described the Senators’ coach in the aforementioned unflattering terms.

Michel Therrien didn’t like MacLean’s comments, either. The Canadiens coach said Diaz – and, by extension, the whole team – were being disrespected.

These mind games are not uncharacteristic of the playoffs. But annoyance with MacLean seemed to inspire the Canadiens, who played a brilliant game despite missing three regulars.

It started with number 31. Bouncing back from an opening-game performance that revived suggestions he’s incapable of winning big games, Carey Price had the Bell Centre skeptics chanting “CA-REY! CA-REY!” throughout a 29-save performance.

The win was costly for Price. In Pierre Obendrauf’s Gazette photo, he’s handing Canadiens athletic therapist Graham Rynbend the two teeth that were knocked out when Jarred Tinordi’s skate hit the goaltender’s mask.

Price got support from teammates who blocked an astounding 34 Ottawa shots. Fifteen Canadiens had at least one blocked shot, and number 76 tied Josh Gorges for the team lead with five.

That would be P.K. Subban, who decisively outplayed Erik Karlsson in Game 2. And it was a turnover by Ottawa’s reigning Norris Trophy winner that led to number 53 opening the scoring for the Canadiens.

Ryan White, who spent most of the season in Therrien’s doghouse, has emerged with two excellent games in the playoffs. White spent part of the pre-game warmup chirping Ottawa tough guys Zack Smith and Matt Kassian, the latter a questionable addition to the Ottawa lineup in place of Cory Conacher.

MacLean sought to bolster his beef level in anticipation of the Canadiens looking to pay the Senators back for the injury to Lars Eller. But Kassian contributed nothing beyond some angry post-whistle glares, and the Canadiens avenged Eller by racking up a W in which they avoided goonery – as if they could if they tried – while outhitting Ottawa 37-26.

Number 8 had six hits, as did Colby Armstrong, who returned to the lineup and played a strong game on the wing with a variety of centres – including the superb number 14. Tomas Plekanec did not register a shot on goal, but he won 16 faceoffs and was heroic on a penalty-kill that was 4-for-4.

Despite the absence of  Eller, regular-season scoring leader Max Pacioretty and captain Brian Gionta, the Canadiens continually exerted pressure in the Ottawa zone; and Anderson faced tougher shots in the 34 directed at him than was the case when he made 48 saves in Game 1.

In his postgame remarks, Therrien said his team didn’t have to bounce back because the Canadiens had played well in Game 1. Perhaps so, but  the Canadiens got a markedly stronger effort from David Desharnais, who was invisible in the series opener. Diaz, who had a tough opening night after his pass put Eller in harm’s way, was steadier, and rookie Jarred Tinordi – who is being helped through Playoffs 101 by Ol’ Professor Francis Bouillon – chipped in with an error-free 15:42.

Having played 25:49 in a losing cause in Game 1, Andrei Markov dialed back to 20:47 and was the better for it. He and Subban continued to be spared duty on the PK, which is wise deployment by D coach Jean-Jacques Daigneault.

With Eller out, Alex Galchenyuk moved to centre. He got an assist on Brendan Gallagher’s game-winning goal, and Galchenyuk played a responsible defensive game – not easy for a rookie who has played on the wing all season – and flashed some of the spectacular offensive-zone moves that are going to make him a special player in blue-blanc-rouge.

And Michael Ryder buried his only shot on goal.

The Senators were lousy on Friday night. But they had accomplished what they set out to do by winning the series opener on Thursday, thus ensuring they will take the series if they win at Scotiabank Place.

There is speculation Jason Spezza will be back for the potentially pivotal game 3 on Sunday.

The Ottawa centre has been out so long MacLean may have forgotten Spezza’s number.

Goo goo g’joob

1. Old Bald Bird says:

It doesn’t seem to be in Habs’ DNA to play physically, so I hope they can keep it up.

• Ton says:

valid………but what may happen with ottawa playing on home ice is they may open it up….speed and that could make change the type of game it will be heading into game 3 and 4

MacLean is a Bugg eyed classless Walrus! By Brenden Prust!

This is a classic that will stick. There will be signs and pictures the rest of Maclean’s time in Ottawa. He is a joke and disrespectful of the game that he makes his living from!

• WindsorHab-10 says:

I agree. To refer to Eller by his number after he was face down on the ice in a pool of blood is classless. You know what’s more classless? Hockey analysts that defended Maclean & ripped Prust.

• wjc says:

Could you name every Ottawa player if you were in a scrum of reporters. He referred to the number on his back….big deal.

But if is used to inspire that is fine, but realize coaches etc. are looking for an edge, and the “victim, us against the world edge” is as old as hockey itself. He mentioned Diaz’s number not Ellers.

wjc

3. Maritime Ron says:

Really enjoying Coach Therrien’s demeanor both behind the bench and in the press room.
    Never too high-never too low, but does he ever stick up for his guys when they are attacked.

Contrast that to the buffoon on the other team.
    Yaps off, shows no respect, classless, and to top it off looks like a comic book character.

He would have fit really well in The Bugs Bunny “Overture” line-up.
    I would position him right behind Elmer Fudd or Foghorn Leghorn.

We have nothing but veterans on this team as of now!

It took a Lars Eller decapitation last game for this team to come together and play for each other with tenacity and screaming emotion tonight.

It took Tinordi’s skate to knock out a Cary Price tooth, but he stayed focused and rode the bull headed senators into the ground. He is back, and that makes us dangerous!

PK was just a flying out there, fantastic moves all night, keeping the Bell Center fans up out of their seats and roaring!

Galchenuck, Gallagher, White, Plekanics, Bourque and Prust played their hearts out at both ends, as did most. No rookies on this team anymore.

They all know now what it takes to be successful in the NHL play offs. Great job last night MEN!.

I woke many times last night thinking of Eller and his family!!

• Maritime Ron says:

Nice post!
      If PK doesn’t win the Norris, the Habs people didn’t do a good job informing the voting hockey writers and it would be a travesty

• Ian Cobb says:

He is in for sure Ron. I remember sitting with him at my home before he ever stepped on a pro rink, his last year of junior hockey here. He at that time told me that he was going to make the Hab’s roster next year.

• Failstonegotiatecontact says:

Very well said, Ian!

• wjc says:

They won ‘one’ game….one. “Woke up many times thinking about Eller and his family”. I must be a heartless so and so, because once I realized that it was not that serious, I forgot about it.

I had the opposite reaction. You should have gone over to the Eller residence to ease your mind. Oh wait….stauking law, they would have had you arrested.

wjc

5. Lafleurguy says:

Four posters/dudes comparing notes on how much they enjoyed living in China, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong is fun reading, but they forgot to comment on the two ridiculous penalty calls on Prust.

• Clay says:

That’s because I did it on the Live Blog ;)

__________________________
      ☞ “And yet not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd.” ~ William Wordsworth ☜

• wjc says:

He closed his hand on the puck one one of the penalties and interferred with the goaly on the other. Should everyone start grabbing the puck with there hands.

wjc

6. Hobie Hansen says:

Now there you have it folks! You have some toughness sprinkled throughout the lineup and the Canadiens play one of their best and most entertaining games of the year.

Travis Moen isn’t a 4th line goon. He’s a guy that needs to play with a couple guys who put points on the board where his services can be used to create some space and throw some hits.

What a hit by Rene Bourque on Danielle Alfredson! Loved the cross check to the face of Chris Neal by Jarred Tinordi at the end of the 2nd and Ryan White was flat out awesome, hitting everything that moved.

And forget about Brian “the Smurf” Gionta, give Brandon Prust the captaincy. Prust is the real leader of this team.

Hopefully Max Pacioretty was taking notes on how to play with emotion last night as well!

I want to see more of what we saw last night for the rest of the playoffs! Emotion, toughness and timely scoring is what wins hockey games when they count in the playoffs.

• Curtis O Habs says:

….. and quality goal tending.

• shiram says:

Way to rag on the injured guy Hobie.

“The game isn’t played on the weight scale and it’s not played in the gym, it’s played on the ice and it’s whoever wanted it more.” #81

• punkster says:

Stuff the smurf reference in your pie hole. Your disrespect for the captain of the Habs is disgusting.

Grow a pair and grow up, weenie.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Hobie Hansen says:

Grow a pair? Look who’s talking hiding behind a computer , LOL. I’m more of a Habs fan and a true hockey fan than you or your little boyfriend Shiram will ever be.

Go boil an egg douche.

GO HABS GO!!!!

• punkster says:

Hey tough guy…try telling insulting Gionta, or anyone else for that matter, to his face. Chicken sh*t weenies don’t do that. Chicken sh*t weenies go to a blog to do their talking.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Hobie Hansen says:

I’d love to say it right to your face. Please post your email address or phone number I’ll gladly make arrangements to meet you in person?

• punkster says:

Oh please Hobie, don’t do this. Threats aren’t cool.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Clay says:

” I’m more of a Habs fan and a true hockey fan than you”
          :roll:
          Man, these kinds of comments always kill me!

• Hobie Hansen says:

Glad I could give you a chuckle. But seriously, read these two clowns posts and you’ll certainly agree.

• Clay says:

No – actually I agree with them. You’re acting like a dick. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Oh, I didn’t know there were three members of this little Nancy boy club?

• punkster says:

Hobie, internet bullies don’t impress anybody. Your continued use of the term smurf, particularly when directed at a man who has accomplished as much as Gionta, the captain of the team you claim to support, is derogatory and childish.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• punkster says:

Clay, ignore him. He’s done.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Hobie Hansen says:

I’m not an internet bully. I just correct compete BS when I see it.

The team I claim to support? I live and breathe the Habs day and night. Don’t tell me about supporting the team lol.

:roll:
            Hobie, all you know about me is what I’ve sold you. Let’s leave it at that.

• punkster says:

Hobie…just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.

***SUBBANGIN’ NOW BABY!!!***

• Clay says:

Dave…yeah, I know I shouldn’t engage, but sometimes…you know how it is.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Perfect! Please, lets keep it that way!

Embarrassing myself? Check your comment history man. Every word you type is a complete embarrassment to HIO.

• wjc says:

If Tinordi had been penalized then it would have been called a selfish play.

I like what ‘White’ brings to the table but to discount Gionta is not fair.

He scores, he has speed, is the captain. If Price had of let a goal like that and Subban had of given the puck away, the HO’ers would have wanted them traded, waived, sent down, benched etc.

It was a bad play all around for Ottawa and White was lucky and good to force the bad play.

wjc

7. Cal says:

Good morning, everyone. My crow served by Carey Price this morning is served on a bed of banana peels and a nice white Cianté. (slurp slurp slurp)

This one’s for you, Burly.
    500 Miles

Any song suggestions? Reply here or on my blog.
    CHeers!

8. Psycho29 says:

Good Morning everyone…some thoughts…

What a great team effort last night, and to quote our friend Shane, “CAREY! CAREY! CAREY!”

Hopefully Bourque is ok, love the physical aspect when he’s on his game.

Subban….just amazing…..

Gallagher…..Not bad for a 5th round, 147th overall pick

When will coaches (and players) learn….you don’t say stupid things that will fire up the opposition…

That was the Ryan White we love to see out there. Hopefully Guimauve Tenderflake didn’t crap his pants too badly at the end of the game. Man, did he look scared!

And finally, I don’t normally toot my own horn (and if I could, I’d be in the movies), but as I posted yesterday:

Psycho29
    MAY 3, 2013 AT 3:41 PM:

Chillax everyone….
    As I told co-workers yesterday morning (before Game-1), we will lose the first game, but will win the series.

Guaranteed!

Eller is a big loss, but honestly what have Patches and Gio done lately? The kids (and Halpern) will fill in just fine.

• Lafleurguy says:

Agree, but would add that Gionta always plays with intensity, and that Pax has more to give and because he has some great skills, he is very frustrating to watch sometimes.

• Psycho29 says:

Agreed….I like 21 and 67, but I’d rather see guys that are healthy in the lineup than players that are banged up.
        Whatever it takes to win!

9. RockinRey says:

Superb team effort last night! Have to say Price seemed more focused and was definitely in a groove. Had a couple of flaky moments where he lost the puck in his feet but otherwise was the difference which he had to be.

I think you have to be impressed that they were able to sub guys in for what basically amounts to one full line of top 6 forwards without missing a beat!!! For any other team to lose 3 guys like that and not feel it would be unimaginable.

One guy that I noticed for the wrong reason is DD. Man, I know his diminutive stature forces him to pick his spots but this guy really has to get more ” involved”. I noticed him more than anyone playing on the periphery and seemingly unwilling to get physical. And by physical I mean rub someone out. MT has to challenge this guy to step up and be a difference maker. Nice to be a setup guy but they need more from him if they want to go deep!!!! He needs to be willing to fight a little harder and show more determination.

If the Habs play like last night . This series is over in 5!!!

10. Chilly Willy says:

A comment from PK

“When he (Carey Price) wants to shut the door, he shuts it and he locks it,” the flashy defenceman said.

When he “wants to” ???

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• RockinRey says:

This did not get any play as far as I know but was found in the Toronto Sun the other day. The Perception of Price not giving effort or being laissez faire is quite a widespread belief and its interesting that even alumni who carry some weight feel the same.

I was very surprised this was not news on here or picked up or talked about much. But I will give it to Price he was sharp last night.

Here’s how he answered a question from former teammate Chris Nilan, now a host on TSN 690, about rating Price as a goaltender:

“I don’t know. Maybe you’re talking to the wrong guy about rating goaltenders. At the beginning when this guy came up into the league, I really thought he was going to be a superstar. At times, he doesn’t look like he will be a superstar. Other nights, he does. I don’t know what to say. Even if the team doesn’t look too good lately, I think this guy in the net should have done a lot better to help the team when you go through such a tough period,” said Savard.

“If you remember Dryden and Patrick, if I look at those two, I don’t recall Patrick having a bad night, a night that he didn’t try. Some nights he might give a couple of soft goals, but very, very, very seldom. He always tried. He always tried to win each game and he did not give too many bad goals in a row and he kept us in the game all the time. Sometimes we didn’t deserve to win and we won. This guy, he’s not doing that right now. He shows us at times he’s able to do that, but he didn’t do it on a regular basis.”

Is the pressure in Montreal unfair to goaltenders?

“I don’t think so. In our time, if you looked back, every goaltender that played in Montreal won the Vezina Trophy, including Denis Herron. It was because of the way the team played, not only the defencemen. We were not allowed to give a goal against in our time. Playing that style, every goaltender was better because of the style the team played. That’s how you have to look at it. I rate this guy very highly, but he’s not showing it now, but the whole team is not playing very well at this time,” said Savard.

• ont fan says:

I think Savards mind is playing tricks on him. I can remmember some pretty poor games by Roy when he didn’t seem to care. Like the last one. Then Houle trades him. Price has won at every level. Don’t know what happens to him sometime, I have to admit. Problem will be if we let him go it will haunt us for the next 10 years. We have no altenative at this time anyway. Maybe he will turn it around and make us believers.

• RockinRey says:

Great point but he was money. I remember Harry Sinden famously remarking that he could be beaten by the long drifter.

Roy had a few stinkers but he was clutch.

• neumann103 says:

I have mentioned this here before but I started watching hockey when Ken Dryden was a rookie and to me Patrick Roy is still “the new guy”. I don’t think that Carey Price is in the same category as those guys, nor will he be. Those are generational talents.

But people who think that Dryden never let in a few soft goals in a row, or Patrick didn’t totally lose focus in the middle of a bad game didn’t watch the games.

Dryden is one of my all time 4 or 5 favourite hockey players, and Roy is the best goalie of my lifetime. But while Dryden was almost unflappable and Roy always cared with a passion, those features didn’t prevent them from delivering some stinkers. In Roy’s prime it was an expectation that he would with some regularity lose a blowout where he looked to be unravelling. But he would come back to win the big game.

It is fair to question how Carey Price’s skill set and personality translate into being the “clutch” winner, but to re-interpret the past of previous Hab great goalies to benchmark Prices’s perceived inadequacies (as many do) requires some seriously rosy glasses.

“Et le but!”

• HNS says:

That’s what I’m saying. Consistency would be key here? Great job by Carey last night. Keep it up.

11. Old Bald Bird says:

I thought dd played better last night. Perhaps he and Pacs should be kept apart if and when Pacs returns.

12. WindsorHab-10 says:

Is there an update on Max Pac & Gionta for tomorrow’s game?

13. Chilly Willy says:

We beat the Sens before when they had Pizza in the line up.

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

• Bubblegum says:

Long time Habs fan and Beatles fan here. With clues on every Beatles album supposedly pointing to Paul McCartney’s death (a Walrus is a symbol of death in Scandanavia….or something like that), John Lennon wrote the song Glass Onion and recorded it on the White Album (obviously a reference to Ryan White). The lyrics to Glass Onion read : “And here’s another clue for you all. The walrus was PAUL!”.

It was Paul McLean!

14. WindsorHab-10 says:

Price proved me wrong last night. Never thought he would turn out that kind of performance. Glad he did. Great game by the team.

15. Danno says:

Carey Price goes to the dentist.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

16. Chilly Willy says:

I wonder if Carey’s fiance veiws him as the goodlooking rugged type now that he has missing teeth & beard? LOL

MacLean is a walrus, goo goo g’joob!

17. Tell me I’m not crazy (no pun intended) , but for two periods I kept looking back at these two, they must have thought I was checking them out :lol:

Thought for sure they were from the Ryder family, but I found it odd that one had Max jersey on. haha

During the second intermission I walked up to him and said “excuse me but are you from Newfoundland” he says no and laughs, and I said “you and this gentleman look like Michael Ryder’s brothers”. He laughed and said “good one we never heard that before. That’s my brother.”

I thought it was funny.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

18. TheKarl says:

Reporter 1: “Coach, were you hurt by Brandon Prust’s words about your appearance?”

McLean –

19. Mike D says:

Great win by les boys last night! Loved watching the hustle and heart!

I didn’t watch That’s Hockey 2 Nite so I’ll defer to those who did about the stupidity of their comments (mostly directed at Button from what I can tell). I do watch that show pretty often though, and for those calling Kouli a Leaf homer I would strongly disagree. I actually get the impression he’s a big Habs fan.

– Honestly yours
    Twitter: @de_benny

20. magnifikko says:

Look at this beauty of a montage by HNIC http://youtu.be/vtyf7X5cyaU

21. Lafleurguy says:

Repeating from the Liveblog* (I swear, I can almost hear the slurred speech of posters), bonehead move by McLean to take out Cory Conacher for Matt Kassian.

*forthosewhomayhavemissedcommentno.2004

22. ffenliv says:

A question for fans lucky enough to be there:

Has there been a pre-game video they’ve used at the Bell for these playoffs? CBC hasn’t show any, sadly. Have they had something up on the big board?

23. Danno says:

Are the teeth Carrie Price lost in last night’s game replaceable with dental work or are they destined to one day find themselves as an item up for bid in a sports memorabilia auction?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

24. Lafleurguy says:

Sholi, if “36” is an old guy, what does that make some of us now?

25. Maritime Ron says:

DD is desperately trying to raise his level of play, but just doesn’t seem to have the package of physical qualities needed to compete in the playoffs from skating to size to balance.
    Habs have had 84 shots and DD has none to date.

I guess he sees the writing on the wall.
    With Eller and Chuckie emerging as Top 6C, only a Plex trade would save him for 3rd line duty.
    Unless something happens, I just don’t see the fit next year.

• Habfan10912 says:

His hustle lead to the second goal. Much better last night I think, Ron.

• Maritime Ron says:

No one doubts about DD’s vision, but was just mentioning that he really has no place moving forward.
        He is not a 4th line C.
        Eller will be a force-Chuckie has superstar written all over him, and 30 year old Plex still has at least 3 top level years left in him.

• Habsbill24 says:

DD should be moved to the wing in the future. Let Eller, Galchenyuk and Plekanec center the top three lines and tell DD to watch how Gallagher plays.

• Ton says:

Why would you trade pleks………great two way center that wants to play in montreal………..the mistake was signing midget dd for 4 mil a year. I kept saying to my son I hope they don’t care of him for life! he may be a decent player when you play a meaningless game but a high temp playoff game that is a grind like yesterday………forget about it!

• Maritime Ron says:

I would NOT trade Plex.
        I metioned that would be the only way for DD to crack the Top 3 C position moving forward.

• Ton says:

there is no way Gallager, gionta, dd, can be in the same lineup…….too small and one of them has a heart of a lion……..he stays.

• Maritime Ron says:

Totally agree now does the Habs management have the balz to move the Captain and ….well…you know?

• Skeptical - 25 says:

Ton – Pleks has a good 5-years left in him. He averages 50+ points a season. Give him a 5-year contract or what ever will take him to age 35 …..

• Maritime Ron says:

Plex already has a contract in place that takes him to the end of the 2015-16 season.
          At the start of the following season after that, he would turn 34.
          Contracts can only be extended during the last year of the present contract

• TheAmerican says:

Nothing wrong about being deep at center.

26. Habfan17 says:

So, I missed the end of the game last night so I tuned into TSN2 to watch That’s Hockey 2 nite Playoffs and wondered if the Sens and Leafs own this station.

Here was Maclean going on about how the Habs should be mad at player 61, whoever he is. Game playing by the coach, but stupid.
    Then when showing the high lights, Prust barely brushes Anderson when he is tied up and he they act like he trried to kill him. Prust gets knocked down along the boards and gets a penalty for covering the puck with his hand when he is driven into the ice.

Then when Gorges is being forced into Price and he gets the knee to the head, Price wa barely bumped and is embellishing. All night the Sens used the tactic of pushing Habs players into Price, should have all been penalties, no calls. They might as well of run Price themselves. I don’t know what is worse, that The sens were allowed to get away with it, or the clowns at TSN who pretend to be reporting objectively when they are all a bunch of homers. I will leave Bob McKenzie out of that group. I think it is time they hire some ex Canadiens and Canucks. Maybe then the comments will actually reflect reality, or maybe a stool clearing brawl will break out…lol

Habfan17

• Blade says:

Mind games are a staple of the playoffs. Teams that are ready for prime time know how to handle it. Congrats to the boys for passing a MAJOR gut check last night. Senators will be flying Sunday, so rest and be ready….this is going to be a whale (walrus?) of a series…..

• Habfan17 says:

I get the mond games from the opposing teams, but I don’t expext them from the so called reporters who should be objective. They represent their station on a national broadcast and they should tell it like it is.

Habfan17

• Lafleurguy says:

Nice re-cap of some key plays. Now I’m feeling even more annoyed with the ref’s, although complaining about officiating is a dead-end. Worst officiating in memory was the Vancouver-Boston series.

27. Habfan10912 says:

Good morning all! A few thoughts about last night.
    That was as good as a game as Price has played this season. A great bounce back effort. Say what you will about this guy, he is as tough as nails mentally. He’d have to be to bounce back like that after receiving so much crap from the fandom and media. here.
    Along with Price, the TEAM played as well as we’ve seen in months. I can’t remember a game in which Montreal was so physical. There really were few passengers last night. A great effort.
    PK is a Superstar. How fortunate we are to be able to watch this guy play for us. What a player.
    Tinordi played another solid game. This guy is going to be a good dman for years to come. Wait till he puts on a few pounds. Watch out league.

Finally, a special thank you to Shane, Sholli, for the live in game tweets and pictures you provided. Made me feel like I was sitting next to you at the Bell.
    CHeers!

28. Lafleurguy says:

Gentleman Jim, hiya pal-ly! Nerve-wracking start to the playoffs, and as always, when people have strong emotions, they will do regrettable things! My somewhat shakeable faith caused an irrational thought: “Do we have to call up Steve Penny again?”

• Habfan10912 says:

With ya bud. I think I even commented that we may be seeing a regression of Price. But some of the comments went beyond that, eh? All smiles today and kind of glad we get a day off. Heart needs a rest. CHeers!

29. MrNax says:

I would think that about a thousand people on this site feel pretty silly about voting Budaj in that last poll…

30. Bob_Sacamano says:

Danny Kristo had two assists this morning in a 5-3 USA win against Austria. I only saw ten minutes of that game but he looked good.

• Lafleurguy says:

Ben Bishop let in two by the 5 minute mark of the first. His Kryptonite are Austrians! (we scored one after taking 46 shots, and that one game alone helped Ottawa snag Cory Conacher relatively cheaply).

• Captain aHab says:

And to think a bunch of people wanted Yzerman as Habs GM…..

—————-
        Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• Captain aHab says:

I hope they give him a year in Hamilton. That team will be getting an infusion of youth and talent next year and it would be nice to see them have success before coming to the big show.

—————-
      Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Captain. I really thought Kristo would have gotten a look after the NCAA tournament. He had a great year. I think he’s be a very good two way forward in the NHL soon. A year in Hamilton can’t hurt but he’ll have a chance to make the team in camp I imagine.

• zephyr says:

give him time in hamilton. he’s still a skinny player. how many of those can u have in ur lineup? i don’t understand why these guys don’t add some muscle. pk did b4 this season & it hasn’t hurt his skating or endurance. now he’s a beast.

• Ah crap I forgot the game was on. I was up at 5 still excited from last night….

Shane Oliver
      Twitter @Sholi2000
      Custom Sports Figures

• Lafleurguy says:

Bob_S, thanks for the news. Kristo playing at the Worlds is a great developmental step. If the lockout hadn’t delayed the start of the playoffs, perhaps he wouldn’t have been selected?

31. Danno says:

Ryan White is a scrappy, scrappy dog. And I love him.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• Captain aHab says:

Key with him will be to avoid going overboard. But I agree that if he plays this way, he’ll be the Prust #2 we need and if Moen and Armstrong up their games, we’ll have grit. And it’s infectious….I mean even Markov was clearing the crease last night.

I don’t get the homeice advantage thing…there will likely be as many Habs fans as Ottawa fans in Ottawa. Maybe more.

—————-
      Me skull and crossbones arn’t the only thing I plan on raisin’ tonight.

• Chilly Willy says:

He never takes a shift off. NEVER

32. Maritime Ron says:

During the regular season, we averaged 22 Hits per game
    In Game 1, we were outhit 31-24…par for the course and year.
    Last night we outhit Ottawa 37-26.
    Really enjoyed Bourque’s big hit on 11 because he doesn’t like getting hit.

Not suggesting anything and I like Max and Gionta, but without them we scored 3 goals, won the game, and had lots of energy….and it was nice to see the guys in the blue paint and if FRONT of the net, and not BEHIND the net.

Get well soon, Lars!

• Lafleurguy says:

Unfortunately, I think Cowan’s hit on Pacioretty is what put the latter out of action. Nervously waiting to hear that Bourque is OK. Already, the physical toll has been a steep price to pay so early in these playoffs.

33. The Cat says:

I still cant believe what I saw last night, looks like Price finally listened to me and moved his ass urgently back there. He finally had that ‘I will not let anything go in’ in his body language.

34. Habs_Norway says:

Ai ai congrats fellow Habitants with this W
    White was awesome yesterday/today, woof woof
    And how about Gallagher.. Speechless.

______________________________________
    Say no to visors and sign Emelin for 10 years

35. Lafleurguy says:

If Hockey Night in Canada has balanced reporters’ work, they should be questioning Karlsson’s unnecessary risky passing. That one bonehead pass was the worst defensive play of the series so far. The mental game can have such major impact, and the way Carey played is admirable on more than one front. Most impressive is the way he focussed after the negative feedback from just 24 hours earlier.

• Danno says:

Not very Norris-like.

PK > EK

Or for the benefit of the fat bug-eyed walrus:

76 > 65

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• Lafleurguy says:

I don’t think I saw Robinson* make one pass like that in his whole career. Guy Lapointe yes, but then again, Larry is our only post-1967 Norris winner. (Chelios won it with the Blackhawks). By the way, D. Kane has a great pal in you “Robin.”

*ididn’treallyforgethisname

• The Cat says:

They did criticize his lack of vision during PP time.

• Lafleurguy says:

Not hard-hitting enough, especially when P.J. went off on Therrien for not starting the game with the “fighters.”

• The Cat says:

I only care about what Don Cherry says personally, I know it aint a popular choice but hes the most hockey-savvy analyst, the rest just rehash and repeat each others platitudes based on what the current PERCEPTION is.

• Lafleurguy says:

When Cherry breaks down game action in slo-mo, he is the best. When it comes to political opinions, people forget it’s “One Person, One Vote.”

• Clay says:

Again, showing just how stupid PJ Stock is. Montreal didn’t get where they are by fighting. Better to beat them on the scoreboard, and hit them hard legally.

36. twilighthours says:

“No. 61 is Raphael Diaz, just in case they don’t know.”

Therrien is a beauty.

37. Lafleurguy says:

This internet thing is sooo eye-opening. Posters spew worse cliches than hockey players in interviews. No team, visiting or home, wants to split a pair of games; they want to win every one. Cliches I suppose fill up a lot of the empty air time, on TV and in the cranium.

38. Danno says:

Canadiens Win With Pride And Passion

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

39. krulmadden says:

Now win this damn series, Habs!!

40. twilighthours says:

Habs have outshot Ottawa 84-61 and have been better in 5 of 6 periods so far. If price plays like last night for the rest of the series, then we are fine. No need to wonder about the heart and commitment of the rest of the team – boys are here to play.

Such a feel-good win.

41. JUST ME says:

Tinordi had a real good game. People tend to think he is a fighter wich he is not but he can make sure that nobody messes up with the game plan and yesterday his work against Chris Neil was quite impressive cause this guy usually can do his show as he wants. Neil is an artist and can generate things but not yesterday thanks to Tinordi.

Nice win for the Habs . Things look good ! Anderson stole game 1 but the boys were dominant and if everyone does the small plays then you get what we got yesterday. A winning attitude. Happy for Carey too !

42. Maritime Ron says:

I think I will get this framed and put up on the Wall of Fame.
    The Prust quote and a pic of McLean
    An all time Classic!

43. They weren’t finishing checks.

They weren’t going to the net.

They weren’t winning battles.

They weren’t stopping pucks.

They weren’t getting set in the circle.

Everything they did wrong Thursday night, they did right last night. Every single one of them played hockey the right way.
    They still need to direct more shots on net on the PP, and they still have to be more discipline around Anderson, the man is a class “A” diver! Gorges still is directing pucks to the corner I guess that’s what he’s told to do because he refuses to make a move and get the puck to the net.

Ryan White from Brandon, MB. I think the man is just great. When I played I was always flying around trying to hit everything in sight and I see Whitie just like that. Every team has a guy like that. We all know how emotion on the ice can make you do some crazy things on the ice. Whitie got the tap on the shoulder a few times this past winter, lost control a few times and stepped over the line, but last night he did his job perfectly. The guy hit 89 points one year in junior, not many people on this planet have done that, I know I could only wish to be that good!

And Carey Price. This young man is as cool as Dirty Harry, or the Duke! He chips some teeth, calmly skates over to the bench, and tosses them at the trainer like it was no big deal and then calmly skates back as if to say that’s all you got? We were all there watching this and saying things like “what’s he doing, oh oh he’s hurt, and I said out l loud , “oh my god he just tossed some teeth to the trainer” and then we started chanting!

The same man who was in net last night is the exact same man who so many times before stole games and lost games. The same man who so many GM’s, and Montreal Hall of Fame members believe in. Yet fans give up so easy. He’s not Patrick, or Kenny, or Jacques, he’s our goalie, and that’s the one position you have to be careful with (insert fans jeering Patrick Roy here). These guys do what no other will. They are the ones who stand there in front of twenty thousand fans and do what none of us can, and yet people write as if they were better. Odd.

But hey what do I know, I’m just a worn out grunt, living the life on Rue de la Montagne! One more day.

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures

• Lafleurguy says:

Nice UCe impression (condensed version).
      Ryan White has always had strong positional play. Playoffs-time jibes nicely with his edgy play (fewer penalty CALLS). He looked more involved in one game than say Pacioretty in twenty. Reffing unbalanced but at least they tossed Turris out of the face-off circle as often as Desharnais.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Desharnais was upsetting in the circle on Thursday night. I played center and the last thing you want to do is get kicked out.

Center is an art. My second last game I ever played I was 36,and went 11 for 12 in the circle, after the game the trainer and coach walk up to me and show me my stats and said “not bad for an old guy”, I was so happy to help the team win. 24 hours later I had my last concussion and never played competitive again.

I love hockey. In 1990 I walked into the recruiting office in Charlottetown and told them I wanted to play hockey and travel the world. I’m pretty lucky, just made a few bad decisions with the head that’s all.

Odd how things happen. If it weren’t for my concussions, I never would have found that Ken Dryden figurine, and then taught myself how to make them, and then turn it into a business where I’m surrounded by sports 24/7. Pretty lucky.

Shane Oliver
        Twitter @Sholi2000
        Custom Sports Figures

• Danno says:

Excellent Shane!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

44. NLhabsfan says:

Boone great comments and the last one is so rich.Watch RDS can’t stomach the CBC hate towards the HABS.Your game blog fills in the gaps for us English speaking fans .

45. HABZ24 says:

Price was so focused and razor sharp and the rest of the habs played solid lights out hard nosed hockey awesome fun game to scream along with. Go habs go

• The Cat says:

Maybe he pulled a Hasek and had a few drinks before the game! Seriously, Price, Subban and Prust had great games.

46. Marc10 says:

Awesome game. Didn’t see any passengers. Everybody was putting in the effort and the Sens for a second game in a row looked very beatable.

Seeing Price with blood on his mask just casually handing over chips of his teeth and then going back and in and closing the book on this game was impressive.

For those lucky enough to catch l’Antichambre tonight, they had St Patrick and François Allaire reviewing our man’s technique. They covered all of Price’s shortcomings (as an elite goaltender) and it was very interesting… from game attitude to his position in going post to post. (They thought he should stand straighter going post to post and not belly flop to be in a better position for the rebound… I know, easier said than done at that speed…)

Haters will be disappointed, St Pat and Allaire, thought Price had everything needed to succeed and they commended him for bouncing back like he did after a subpar performance. Patrick recalled when he gave up a ‘Jonathan Quick’ type howler to none other than Scottie Gomez in the Stanley Cup finals and how it had taken him two games to get his head right after making that gaffe… Point being, it’s not easy to pick yourself up, even when you’re one of the very best (as Patrick was)… and Price did that tonight.

One key criticism was Price’s loss of focus on the goal where he was distracted by the player in front of him. Allaire would have wanted him to stay focused on the puck and not try to push the guy in front of him… Reckons Price would have stopped the shot if he had maintained focus. The panel mentioned this might be an issue and Roy re-iterated how difficult that can be.

Roy gave props to the fans. Said he got chills when they cheered Carey’s name. Said how important that was for the kid’s confidence. Loved it. (On ya Hab Fans!)

That’s more or less what they covered. If you speak French, I would encourage you to view the clips online at ac.rds.ca (for once it wasn’t all nonsense on that show).

So maybe, just maybe Carey Price will turn a corner. He sure looked like a warrior out there with blood on his grill and those saves at key times. I’ll take more of that.

• Danno says:

I find the level of nonsense on AC is directly proportionate to how badly the Habs lose. Same thing goes for the comments on HIO.

Winning changes everything.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• habstrinifan says:

Thanks for this. You explained the comments superbly.

• Ton says:

good summary…should I add……..roy said that price needs to find a balance between being intense and emotional…………..something tells me Price has not found the right goalie coach in his career…… he did also say his positional play concerns him…….well a goalie coach should make that adjustment with him.

as well antichambre’s is good stuff…….great show! great expertise……..i watched cbc yesterday because i was superstitious but always watch rds and antichambre….much better analysis of games

47. them PKs in the first were the start of a good result. What is the timeline of Patch or Gionta’s return to the lineup?
    Maybe the loss of Prices teeth could be significant. A sort offerring to the hockey Gods.

Rest up boys. We are back in it. Fifteen more wins to go.

48. Lil Snapper says:

Couldn’t watch the game but saw the updates, so glad they played it hard, need that effort every night!

49. adadi says:

The lunch pail guys looked great. White, Halpern, Prust, Armstrong. Only Moen continues to look a little lost.

50. jedimyrmidon says:

Did anyone see the TSN highlights of the first game?

They show a clip from TVA Sports of Marc Bergevin rushing down in the depths of the Bell Center to see Eller in the ambulance.

Even our GM has a strong character.

51. Bun E. Laroque says:

Very proud of the team. Showed a lot of character in game two.
    Price came through and played with a lot of passion. I think we can take this series. Prust’s description of Maclean might have been off the top of his head, but it is right on the money. BUG EYED FAT WALRUS.

52. Habtastic says:

Uhhh, what happened to Spezza definitely missing the first round? And now he’s a maybe for the 3rd game!! WTF is with this sens organization and their miracle recoveries at suspiciously crucial times?

————–
    The Drive for 25

53. sobe says:

This is a bit off topic, but i found this great article on Subban. I thought about sharing maybe someone already read it before and posted it.

54. hab fan in leaf jungle says:

Take it easy folks. Every visiting team that wins the first game backs off for the 2nd. The Habs played well tonite but not as well as they did Thurs. nite. Luckily Price didn’t crap the bed. Ottawa backed off and played poorly. They accomplished their goal which was a split. We still don’t know who’ll be in net for the Habs. Will it be Glenn Hall or Annie Hall? Ottawa needs to play this poorly 3 more times.

55. Habitant in Surrey says:

…hopefully, a few years from now, We all will look back and remember this as the game where it all came together for Carey Price

…or not

…Go Carey !

• Clay says:

Oh man…I so hope that’s the case!

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…are You leaving China enthusiastically or reluctantly Clay ?

• Clay says:

Enthusiastically for sure. Time to go…too many weird things happen here (putting it nicely).

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…I’ve had My share of ‘weird’ in China too (pre-Tiananmen and post-Tiananmen)

…so, I have a good insight what You mean :)

…I have practically lived/spent time in almost every country in Asia, My favourite place to be based was Singapore

…if You have an opportunity there, I would recommend

• Clay says:

I’ve always loved Japan best, but I’ve never been to Singapore. I’ll do my best to check it out.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…agree Japan a great alternative as well

• shootdapuck says:

Guys Spore is a great place to get things done!

But its clean, its safe and incredibly boring!

After a while in the Netherlands of ASIA its heaven but the next month ho hum!

CNN news is delayed 5 minutes so the censors can do their thing!All the news that’s fit to know!!

Just check the clock on the newsroom wall!

=================================================
            The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
            “Le game est tous de hard work”
            ” I have a pet peeve”

• SUMO says:

I live in Singapore and concur. It’s not the most happening place. I prefer Hong Kong, a much better vibe. A very happening city.

56. Rad says:

It was the foot soldiers that won the game tonight with their grit. Prust, Bourque, White, and Armstrong were the difference makers. Rene Bourque played with an edge I have rarely seen from him. He was a force out there, and set the tone with that huge hit on Alfredsson and the slash on Karlsson. When Bourque does that, he is indispensable to this team. Now, if we can only get Max “Cream Puff” Pacioretty to play like the power forward he is supposed to be, we will be in good shape.

On the back end, Jarred Tinordi was not the least bit intimidated by Chris Neil. He was a physical force all night, just as we had hoped he would be when he got called up. Price was good and Subban was Subban: the most dominant player on the ice. The Norris Trophy will have his name engraved on it this year, and it isn’t close. I remember P.K. the day he was drafted in the 2nd Round by Montreal. He told anyone who would listen that there was no doubt in his mind he was going to play for the Montreal Canadiens. The Montreal media loved his confidence and charm. He kept his word and has come a long way since then. In 6 short years Pernell Karl has become the best in the game, and still hasn’t reached his full potential. These days he lets his play on the ice do all the talking.

Hahaha… did anyone see Jay Onrait getting slapped on Sportscenter tonight? Hilarious.

By whom?

• Timo says:

Some girl who walked up to give him some report or something. He said, thank you, you were a great employee. She screams “I am pregnant and it’s your baby” and gives him a pretty good slapper across the face.

Well then…that’s sure to be on YouTube soon :D
          That’s hilarious. Well, kind of sad too, but still…hilarious!

58. SmielmaN says:

Puck was pretty far away by the time Guilleme made is hip toss of Tinordi in Price. That could have been a call. It seemed that the ref was trying to get his attention after the play but Price ignored him. I liked that part too. If Price returns to form this is the game that does it. Now he’s pissed.

Any word on Bourque? He came back but I don’t think he played a single shift. Recently coming off a concussion that did not look good. It would really suck to lose him again. He played a whale of a game tonight.

60. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Galchenyuk made two brilliant plays on Gallagher’s goal: the poise to hold and wait inside the blueline, then a seeing-eye pass to Gally in front. Love both those kids.

And White. I’ve been hard on him, as has his coach. What a game he played. My utmost respect.

Pricey I owe an apology…till the next softie through the wickets ;)

What this game proved to me is the Habs are the better team when they play to their potential. But they aren’t good enough to win if they don’t. Series is ours to lose.

First star of the game? Michel Therrien.

• Timo says:

Therrien will deserve first star when Desharnais is sitting in the press box.

• Cable Guy says:

DD played good tonight……not sure what game you were watching.

• VancouverHab says:

You’re the man!

Exactly right. (I wish you set the media narrative instead of their usual “DD is WONDERFUL!!!!!!” story).

• Marc10 says:

You are an epic troll kid. Congrats on finding a way to sneak in some anti Hab hate on a great night.

DD fed Moen a couple of sweet passes tonight that Big Trav didn’t convert. Were you even watching that or just spewing that the coach couldn’t triple shift the kids…?

So can’t hate on Price tonight. Rats.
          Can’t hate on Therrien (and for a while now). Rats.
          Can’t hate on Cube. Rats.

Oh, I know… I’ll just make some s*** up. Gotta hate on the Habs, right.

Troll on amigo. We’re still going to win this series in spite of your grey cloud commentary.

61. AceMagnum says:

I’ve been very critical of Carey. Ah who’s kidding who, I roasted the bastard night after night, and I maintain he deserved it. But tonight I will acquiesce to the fact that he played with heart and did make not just key saves, but pretty good ones. He always seemed like a little turd who really didn’t care, but that whole tooth image earned him some respect from me.

Therrien and Prust make me proud

• Timo says:

Let’s see if he can put say 2 wins together to start. Good game from him tonight though.

• christophor says:

It’s called “calm and collected” when things are going well, “doesn’t care” and “no heart” when things are going bad.

Ridiculous. Price deserves criticism but the majority of the stuff actually offered is this BS stuff that’s obviously just equivalent to “I just don’t like him”. How about criticizing certain aspects of his game?

• Garbo says:

good thing he couldn’t care less about your respect

This was an absolutely outstanding effort by most of the team. White, Moen, Prust, Gallagher, PK, Tinordi, Bourque and PRICE played monster games. Yes, Price played a great game, I said it. I will restrain from singing him praises until he puts a string of wins together. But this is a start.

I don’t see how DD played well. Every single time I saw him he ended up on his overpaid ass.

White was a wrecking ball out there. If Therrien removes him from the lineup I will personally fly to Montreal and strangle him. Holy crap he was good.

Also, play more Tinordi, less Gorges and Markov.

Other than that I am impressed and relieved (for tonight).

Third game in Ottawa won’t be easy. Senators will crank it up.

63. billylove says:

Playoff hockey with a team that NEVER quits. As good as it gets!

64. Seps says:

Wow Hawks are 27-0-3 this season with Sharp in the lineup.

65. SmielmaN says:

Great game By the Habs! You have to win that game for Eller. Price may have woken up by getting his teeth kicked out. He appeared like “Oh really? No call? Hold on. … Here, their my teeth. … Okay, I’m awake.” That could be the turning point. And putting a “A” on Prust

• Timo says:

Seeing how it was Tinordi’s skate refs got at least this one right.

• Clay says:

Kind of…but Tinordi was pushed/tripped into him away from the puck. That’s where the penalty should have been called.

• Timo says:

It’s playoffs hockey man. I had no problem with the play.

• Clay says:

I kind of agree with that also…but there were some pretty iffy calls against the Habs in that game. Friedman nailed it in the first intermission when he said the refs were looking to send a message to the Habs players about retaliating for the Eller injury.

66. jols101 says:

Boone, great ALN, like always. Tell us more about this Spezza rumor. Do you think there is any merit to it? What about Patches and Gio ? Any word on their condition?

• Mike Boone says:

Spezza is supposedly skating on his own. I doubt they would rush him back. Depends on how the series goes. The rumours on Max and Gionta are shoulder and biceps, respectively.

Mike Boone
      Hockey Inside/Out blogger

• jols101 says:

Thanks. Oh boy, Gionta had biceps surgery last year that kept him out of the line up for most of the year. I hope it isn’t the same injury.

• Seps says:

I hope it is… wait what did I just say ;-)

• Clay says:

Wishing injury to our captain…Classy.

• Seps says:

Oh relax, I just think we’re better without him in the lineup.

• habsguy says:

I cant believe some sick people actually want hab players to be hurt, and add a smiley face to it !!!

• Clay says:

…and I’m just thinking that was an idiotic comment from a 14 year old ;)

• Seps says:

You actually think we’re better with a small perimeter forward added to our lineup? Instead of a guy like Dumont who actually hits or Armstrong.

• Clay says:

Yes, I think we have a better chance of winning with Gionta instead of Dumont and his 3 minutes of ice time. Call me crazy…

• Seps says:

“Crazy” because it means more minutes for Gally Chucky and Prust, who are much more effective in the offensive zone imo.

• Clay says:

That’s a completely different issue – and one I think we agree on. They deserve more ice time.

• LizardKing12 says:

Do you watch the games? You seriously think this team is better off with Dumont’s 3 min of ice time than Gionta? He finished second on the team in goals this season and has essentially been our leading scorer in every season that he didn’t suffer a season ending injury. He’s scored some very important goals for the Habs and is much more valuable to them on the ice than in the infirmary.

• jedimyrmidon says:

Absolute foolishness.

• No et al says:

Just need to point out Gionta is not a perimeter player… he consistently goes to the front of the net and into the corners.

67. jedimyrmidon says:

Just saw Gorges run into Price… come on.

68. Dave Jones says:

Just a massive game from the Habs, from Price on out. Everyone did their job and then a whole lot more. Excellent team win. I thought Prust and White and Armstrong set an inspiring tone; Bourque and Plekanec, and of course the Gallys, quickly followed suit. DD and Ryder even got going tonight. Great to see Tinordi playing so well. I thought all along he was our best hope to at least begin to cover that hole left by Emelin. And Price. Well, Price was the best goalie on the ice, and he’ll be the best in the series. Onto Ottawa.

P.S. Check out MT’s post-game presser. He’s awesome. Really impressive the way he believes in his players. Great leadership.

69. The Jackal says:

I’m gonna make a bold and fearless prediction:

Habs win both games in Ottawa.

We are the better team. We showed it yesterday and proved it tonight. The boys are fired up and motivated, they want to win for each other and for MT because he clearly believes in them.

This team is on the right path.

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

70. deuce6 says:

I doubt Spezza will be back in game 3, if not, the rest of the season..I’m thinking it is nothing more than head games by the OTT brass.

——————
    Brandon Prust doesn’t have hair on his testicles, because hair does not grow on steel….

71. vlhorowitz says:

Tonight was arguably the most important game of Price’s career in a Habs jersey. I’ve never been a fan, but he showed a lot of fight, a lot of balls tonight. It’s going to take many performances like this to hoist the Cup — let’s hope Carey can keep it up for a few more! GO HABS GO!

72. jedimyrmidon says:

Spezza might be back for Game 3 o.O?

73. Sportfan says:

Couple of things Craig Button has issues with Prust and is kind of stupid with some of his comments.

I like how White played this game showed he can be impacting not just with fights and has great speed and of course scored.

I like the Ryder, Plek and Bourque line, I say leave that line alone and the Prust Gally and Chucky line alone. Put Gio and Patches together and pick who ever you want to center him.

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

74. Clay says:

First!
    Great game by the Habs as a team, great game by Price. Lots of happy campers here tonight. More of the same please…
    Great ALN Boone…summed it up nicely!

• Mike Boone says:

Thanks.

Mike Boone
      Hockey Inside/Out blogger

• shootdapuck says:

All the ALN are a treat!

I heartily agree with your opinion on HNIC/CBC coverage!

One more year Mike and the entire HNIC mob is history!

Can hardly wait!
        =================================================
        The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
        “Le game est tous de hard work”
        ” I have a pet peeve”

• shootdapuck says:

Got your exit strategy from the PRC yet?

=================================================
      The cranial flatulence of PJ Stock:

“On peut play cette game tres simplement”
      “Le game est tous de hard work”
      ” I have a pet peeve”

• Clay says:

I do, thanks for asking. Coming home by this September :)
        I might consider staying if I was in Thailand like you though.

75. Habfan10912 says:

Terry, “You know who” was very good but #76 was the best player on the ice last night. :)

76. Clay says: