A few short snappers before I dash off to join my mates for the Habs I/O podcast:
• The Flying Frenchman Meets Québécois Quicksand: the Canadiens posterboys, Maxim Lapierre and Guillaume Latendresse, combined for a hinery of a goal in OT. It was Latendresse’s 12th. I’m a Gui!-liever – and I’ve been mad about Max since last season.
• Tomas Plekanec, Alex Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn are generating more electricity than the Bell Centre (or the Forum, for that matter) has enjoyed in a long, long, long time.
• Mark Streit makes $600,000 and is a pending UFA. Sign him, Bob. Three years.
• Josh Gorges had a roiugh start against the Hawks but was solid for the rest of the game. I like his puckhandling, passing, skating and willingness tro hit and be hit.
• Man, the power play really misses Sheldon Souray, eh? Two more last night – and two at even strength.
• Bryan Smolinski says he’ll be ready for tomorrow’s game in Boston. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in for Corey Locke.
• It wasn’t easy or elegant last night but a W is a W and those two points could be vaulable in April. Nice homestand: five of a possible six points.