• They don’t have the rapport of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope yet, but Andrei Kostitsyn and Lars Eller are making sweet music as Two for the Road
• Max Pacioretty scored three goals, added an assist and was plus-5 for the three wins. His 14 in 36 games project to a 32-goal season
• David Desharnais, averaging a shade over 11 minutes ToI, had two goals, an assist and was 11-2 on faceoffs in Atlanta
• Scott Gomez was plus-4 on the trip and played his much-maligned ass off in every facet of the three games
• Roman Hamrlik blocked 11 shots
• The PK killed 13 of 14 over three games and the PP, with Tomas Plekanec at the point, was 3-for-9
• The Canadiens have gone 178:01 without a Too Many Men penalty
• Hal Gill scored in consecutive games for the first time since Oct 21 and 24, 2002 – when his future defence partner was 13 years old.
• Brent Sopel has not lost a game in a Montreal Canadiens jersey
• James Wisniewski is so much better than Marc-André Bergeron the difference cannot be measured by currently available technology
• Jacques Martin finally beat Guy Boucher
• The goaltender in whom too many had too little faith bagged his seventh shutout, raised his win total to 31 and posted these trip stats: GAA 1.00, 97.4 save percentage
And as Danno points out, the Canadiens scored a goal in every period of the trip.
Drastically improved Photo Shop courtesy of the brilliant GG11