1-0 after one

Best first period of the trip.

Heck, best first period of the month.

The game wasn’t a minute old when Max Pacioretty scored a fluke goal to put the Canadiens ahead.

James Wisniewski was excellent, especially on the PP>

The Canadiens had an 8-6 shot advantage and are 17-3-2 when scoring first.

Dare we hope?

•  •  •

Re our server issues:

I have no explanation. It’s been going on for weeks, like the Canadiens slump.

We’re working on it.

So are the Habs.

1. Just A Guy says:

Conversely I have always seen the irony when the father of relativity said “Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater”

But a kidness nonetheless, I got a bit choked up, I was listening to a country soung at the time too haha. Good on PK.

2. notbigbird says:

Frankly, I am a mess after reading the PK story and thinking about that poor child (and her parents) stuck in the hospital for so long. Makes my problems seem … not like problems.

Cheers, Bill and all the best for 2011.

Dave – I love Dick Duff and I always will.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Kind Regards,

Steve

5. HUDSONHAB says:

How about it boys, two juicy wins to end 2010.

I’ll be toasting the Habs with vodka and OJ.

Let’s Wiz all over Tampa and Florida.

Let’s take the sunshine out of the sunshine state.

HAPPY NEW YEAR……..please.

….Hab4life….

6. JD_ says:

Cheers, 24C. Have a rusty nail on my behalf.

7. Bill says:

My dad is completely biased. I have much more faith in your objectivity. Just giving the mdical oopinion for what it it’s worth :)

Full Breezer 4 Life

8. TripleX says:

That sucks.  Thanks.

“I don’t like to keep kids like that out of the lineup. They need to play; that’s how they’re going to get better.” Jacques Martin

9. habsfan0 says:

Last year,the Habs went 6-1 during their late December road trip,a record which would eventually propel them into the playoffs and the success they enjoyed there. This season,it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that this road trip will have an inverse record to last year’s..a result which will propel them to….?

10. Bill says:

you were a Leaf fan??

I really don’t how to respond to this!

Full Breezer 4 Life

JD – If you lived in Slowville, I would seriously ask you to join our ‘communal’  family.  You’re the man when it comes to H I/O posts.  Hee Haw!

Sorry, but I must get back to the party (like it’s 1999).

12. Propwash says:

Looks like TripleX’s prediction of a coaching change would be the saving grace of the Devils is wrong.

13. Arrow77 says:

For the life of me I cannot understand why the Hamrlik-Spacek pairing has to be unbreakable. We can finally have three right-handed defensemen on the team and 2 of them play together.

On a team with few defensive prospects, I hope to hell that Subban eventually becomes the next Markov.

This guy is just 21 years old and in his first NHL year.  There may be quite a few things that are holding back the Habs, but Subban certainly isn’t one of them.

I’ll evaluate Subban’s career around 2014.

15. JD_ says:

James “Newsy” Wisniewski. Run with it, run like the wind.

Time for the boyz to step it up. Put some pucks on Dezzy. The kid’s fresh meat. Get to him hard ‘n’ early. Full Soberg, baby!

(That was absolutely brutal. I noticed the poor guy almost skated off after the fourth goal, so it was no surprise when he did after the fifth. If I were him, I wouldn’t be too concerned that the incident will be repeatedly shown in various Top 10 WJC Goalie compilations for pretty much the balance of eternity. No, not at all.)

*cough*

Newsy’s no slouch and obviously got some good advice before speakin’ to the media. Will be interestin’ to see what new blood brings to the Habs’ game, includin’ some much-needed blueline grit at a time where the D-corps is lookin’ a bit banged up. Given Newsy clearly gets the whole Montreal thing, I expect he’ll play with some intensified smashmouthness, at least at the outset. Keep yer head up, Stevie S.

Speakin’ of brutal, NJ has scored 3 and been scored on 12 times in the three games since Lemaire took over from MacLean. This was against the Isles, Loafs, and Sathers. What an effin’ mess. Truly unbelievable.

16. PeterD says:

Wizi is currently tied for 4th in team scoring with Gionta both with 21 points…and Wizi has done it in 5 fewer games than Gionta (32 to 37 games)…

Either Pierre Gauthier just made the steal of the century to get Wizi for a couple of draft picks or this Wizi guy has some serious deficiencies that we haven’t seen yet.  Yeah, I know about the -18 in the plus/minus column…but you know what…on a team that can’t seem to score to saave their lives, Wizi could be a real breath of fresh air.

My hope this New Year’s season is that we got one hell of a deal on a very tough, young, scoring defencman that will slide nicely into our line up…

Now if Pierre can go out and get us the big scoring forward(s) we need that would really make hte season joyful and bright.

GO HABS GO!

17. punkster says:

Come on Bill, let us old Leaf fans have our moments please. We were there and it was real at the time. :)

***Subbang!!!***

18. punkster says:

’63. I was 12, Keon was my hero and their 3rd consecutive Cup was unreal. Wow, what a team.

***Subbang!!!***

Hey, Bill – Let’s get real here.  Who knows more?  Your dad, a MD, or 24 Cups?

:-)

20. GrimJim says:

You’re thinking like  Dustin Byflugen (sorry for the spelling) in Chicago. He might but it would probably be better for his development to let him concentrate on mastering one position at a time.

21. king ddd says:

imo, and like many other habs fans the best d-pairing is hammer-pk, spackey-WIZ gill-webber

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

22. Kristopher7 says:

Don’t fool yourself bro, we gave them all the vibrations we could during the Philly series in May, and they failed at life. Sorry to burst your philosophical bubble.

23. Exit716 says:

Nope. Concluded with the teams starting the games on Boxing Day.

24. scrowe21 says:

I think they should try it before making him a healthy scratch again. It couldn’t hurt to try it for a couple games instead of having him sit them out…not like any of the forwards are playing good either.

25. arcosenate says:

I am just thinking he might actually be a decent power forward he has good size, he’s strong, etc. He could still play the point on the pp.

26. GrimJim says:

Makes a lot of sense, especially long term. Even if Emelin doesn’t sign you could have Picard in the 7th role (or hope one of Nash or Carle shows enough improvement to slot in to that role).

27. TommyB says:

Holy smokes…look what the wind blew in….Plek-Andrew!  And I have to say, with a great post.

28. Bill says:

My Dad remembers it. He’s an MD, and he says it coulnd’t have been much of a break if Baun could come on and score a goal, and that Leaf fans make a big deal out of for want of anything else to make a big deal of. Obviously, Dad is a big Habs fan.

Full Breezer 4 Life

29. punkster says:

Some day.

***Subbang!!!***

30. TripleX says:

Has anyone seen the latest HBO 24/7?  Just wondering if the Montreal game is covered or not.

31. kempie says:

He’d make a much better Dman.

32. punkster says:

Exactly. Trade him, while his value is high. DO IT PG.

***Subbang!!!***

33. arcosenate says:

Anyone think PK might make a decent forward?

34. JD_ says:

Very thoughtful. Love the kid.

But let’s be honest here, these wings of goodwill might be just the kind of mo’ PG needs to move PK. Great opportunity to salvage some value in a trade.

35. ths says:

He will score even more when Gomez gets down there

36. habs001 says:

6 goals for the habs if it was a three game series…

37. Plek-Andrew says:

Happy holidays, everyone! And a happy new year to all!

I decided to assess the Habs almost halfway through the season…

OVERALL, I would have to agree with everyone when the notions of “lack of heart” or “grit” are used to describe our team. However, I’m not sure I agree with the reasoning…

Watching the Habs play at the beginning of the season and up until around the 20th game, I was of the opinion that this team was a SERIOUS Stanley Cup contender. I’m sure the players themselves knew deep down in their hearts minds and bodies that they were too.Pardon my French, but they were playing their ASSES off and EVERYBODY was contributing! Yes, Price stood on his head but guys like Pouliot and Kostitsyn also showed that they really love what they do by looking “interested” as Boone likes to put it. It wasn’t rare for me to read the ALN section and notice Boone being desensitized to winning. A powerful opinion in Montreal’s hockey world critically praising individual and collective efforts, where there were often “no passengers on the bus”, caused many of us to actually start taking this team for granted… I speak for myself first and foremost, of course.

After watching the playoffs last season, I was treated to some of the most intense and gratifying Canadiens’ hockey that I had not seen in my 23 years of age…. Regardless of who the real heroes were, this is a team sport and overall, I’d be a fool to not be pleased with the way they eliminated the Caps AND THE FREAKING PITTSBURGH PENGUINS…

What really put a smile on my face, however, was watching the sheer JOY being expressed by a team of players that had grown to actually love and respect each other and, in so doing, WIN against all odds.

So what happened? For those of you know know me, I NEVER talk about coaches or their systems but I do have to make a comment concerning Jacques Martin’s handling of the absolutely normal yearly Canadiens’ slump… If I were him, I would dust off the videos of the playoff run and show them to the players with a specific area of focus; the emotional aspect of the game.

What happened to players respecting each other and standing up for one another, during the game and in the media? What happened to hearing about or watching a camera cut to the bench and witnessing players like Gomez directing the young guns?  But most of all, what happened to the LOVE for WINNING?!

I believe these are the REAL issues, not a lack of size or skill… I think players have started playing for themselves, with inflated egoes and selfishness. I hate to say this but just to give an example, my beloved Plekanec is showing signs of arrogance… a quiet, exemplary leader like himself should stop trying to do everything himself and go back to being the set-up player that he is.

Look, I still truly believe that after close to 40 games, they are still a cup contender. I’ll get into individual assessments halfway through the season…

Yes, we lost Markov and to be quite blunt I believe he’s replaceable. The moment he went down and crashed into the boards, I looked at my buddies and said “we will NOT be re-signing him”… On a personal note, I’m already mentally prepared to watch a team without Markov… and I think we should all hope for the best but expect the worse when it comes to #79…

One last thing… As a musician, someone suggested that I read the book “The Music Lesson” by Victor Wooten. If there is one thing that I will forever keep in my mind and heart, it’s the idea of how someone playing music can create such POWERFUL physical and spiritual vibrations that send out auras of energy and strike the human souls, thus inspiring them in ways that they cannot comprehend or even acknowledge sometimes….

Why don’t we try sending out positive vibes during the Habs games? Why don’t we actually sit in front of our television sets and actually BELIEVE that those guys will win?

They’ll feel it, believe me….

38. darcy1 says:

it sounds like you need to put it in the closet and let it stay there… that’s what i did before the season with a price jersey i bought 18 months ago.

39. kempie says:

Damn disrespectful showboat.

40. punkster says:

Beautiful post, P-A.

***Subbang!!!***

41. dhenry1234 says:

I wonder what kind of Stinker the Habs are going to pull out tonight.
    No matter how much I want them to win, I just can’t see them beating
    the Lightning tonight. This will be a game where passion is necessary
    and I haven’t seen that from these habs in a very long time.

42. punkster says:

PK. Lovely and thoughtful gesture by a wise young man.

Long may he rule in a Habs uni!

***Subbang!!!***

As was mentioned before, Canadian forward Jaden Schwartz will miss the rest of the World Junior Championship with a fractured ankle.  What may not have been mentioned was the fact that he scored a goal after breaking his ankle.

Raise your hand if you can remember Bobby Baun doing the same thing for Toronto back in the ’60s.

True grit, indeed.

44. Anonymous says:

I think we would like spacek if he played on his proper side.

45. OneTimer says:

Man, a fully-healthy defense with Markov is a dream for us. That’s all I’ve got to say.

46. Landof10000lakesHab says:

Aside from the D pairings tonight (Wiz/Weber – Gill/PK – Hammer/Spacek)..

Wiz, PK, and Weber all RHD. Does Spacek shift back to LD side and split from Hammer to avoid burnout of both? Future pairings?

Hammer – Gorges

Spacek – Wiz

Gill – Pk

Picard – Weber as required.

Gorges better suited to #4 or likely #5 D, so top pair not top shelf. Gorges and Hammer do not generate offense, but are steady. Spacek and Wiz a decent 2nd pair as Spacek would contribute steady D from left side and Wiz to provide offense and grit. PK on 3rd pair to limit exposure and take advantage of weaker assignments. Gill not a great long term partner as not quick enough to make up for rookie mistakes. Wiz and PK to provide PP offense.

Not a cup contending D, but playoff worthy - Markov injury was a killer.

Wondering what the Habs D could look like by next fall? Older Dmen (Hammer / Gill) gone. RFA Picard gone? UFA Markov and RFA’s Gorges / Weber likely retained? Wiz works out and is signed to replace Hammer? No team will take Spacek in a trade – stays / plays top 4 as is paid top 4. PK on EL contract.

2011/12?

Markov – PK

Spacek – Wiz

Gorges – Weber

Pk would hopefully have enough games in to assume the #2 role and provide significant offense if Markov fed. Markov able to limit PK’s mistakes and remains healthy due to PK’s agressive nature. Even at less than 100% recovered, Markov still a top pair D. 23-25 mins possible here.

LD Spacek now 1/2 season with Wiz. Spacek provides steady D and Wiz provides grit and offense. Hold just under 20 mins.

Gorges a perfect #5D on natural left side (if Habs could sign him for #5D $$), and mentor for Weber. Weber able to provide offense against weaker assigments and hold his own on D with Gorges as partner. 16 mins per game.

·      LD/RD balance 1st time in many years.

·      Markov, Pk, Wiz, and Weber provide 5 on 5 and PP offense.

·      Markov, Spacek, and Gorges provide steady D.

·      PK and Wiz provide grit.

·      Markov and Gorges support the PK.

·      Gorges moves up to top 4 role on LD or RD if injuries occur.

·      4 of 6 D have several yrs of experience, and 4 of 6 D under 30.

·      Sign Emelin as 7th D. Provides injury support, rotate with Weber and adds more grit when needed.

·      Roughly same or less D $$ as this season.

thoughts?

47. Harani says:

Same lines as against the Caps. BUT the big change on defense. Looks like JM finally woke up and realized that Picard has been horrible the past few games. So defense pairings:

Hammr-spacek

Gill- PK

Wiz – Weber

“It must be love!”

48. keepthefaith says:

I hope Dejardins does start. Then maybe we can stop cying over the 26 year old prospect that got away . Or the guy will shut us out and we will never hear the end of it. On second thought lets have Dan “let them eat cake” Ellis instead.

49. Shiloh says:

We’re due for a big game. If Price plays a good first period we win 6-2. If he lets in a softie early, we go to a shootout and AK46 scores the winner.

50. keepthefaith says:

I dont think people can get past the 8 million. We all know its an atrocious contract, but we are a better team with him than without him. His production has picked up since he has two real linemates that play together the whole game. Mostly it was just him with one other scorer and Moen, who we all know isnt a top 6 guy. We don’t have another player that carries the puck and gain s the line as he does as you mentioned.

51. krob1000 says:

I wouldn’t …but I think we have seen that Gomez gets preferential treatment and is given every possible opportunity to succeed offensively and it is not warranted by his play. I think he would be far more valuable to us on aline like you suggest or even with Poluiot or Pacioretty,etc.  I think Gomez brings severral abilities and talents tot he table that are very beneficial to the team, his speed, his ability to easily gain the blueline, his smarts defensively, his PK ability…but his offensive game is just not there …so why is it we keep punishing other wingers by pairing them with him.  Let him work himself out of his funk…..at least his has been a three year funk…not a 5 or 10 game stretch which many kids don’t even get.  Gomez is palying better of late but still turns tons of pucks over and clearly has a get out of jail free card with JM…and I can;t help but believe that his contract affords him some leeway to show his value.  We also don;t really have any other options at center…or do we? Cammi has been a center everywhere else……but it never even gets mentioned….instead we talk of Desharnais…even Eller could produce more tahn Gomez right now if given his minutes, linemates and situations. I like Gomez…but I am really getting sick of the favouritism towards a handful of vets and Gomez is the poster boy of that group….Spacek was for the first 6 weeks but since it ahs to be Gomez (last 5 games not included)…..

52. TommyB says:

While that may be true, he should back up his big yap once in awhile with his boxing-trained fists.   But like I said above, that is just me.

53. Max_a_million says:

You can’t let that number get in the way of fielding the best team.

I think Halpern, Moen, and Gomez would be a formidable 3rd line.

Gomez doesn’t have to take faceoffs, doesn’t have to score …

54. le_vrai_jacques says:

Max leads the team for hits (yes, on guys).

55. krob1000 says:

but if it did work out…who would gomez play with…we can’t have an 8 million odllar checker…or at least we can’t acknowledge it.

56. Max_a_million says:

Size and speed are not everything.  Good to have have, but not a guarantee.

What is lost by trying to see if it works.

No one can score this year on Gomez’s wing!  Not AK, not Cammy, not Gionta, not Patches, not Pouliot, … what’s the common denominator here?

What is lost in trying it?!?  Really … we can’t score less.

57. TommyB says:

My comment had nothing to do with your sexual preference, son.  It meant pink for girl’s, which is what Lapierre plays like.  But hey, if your mind is on gay, that’s your prerogative.  When you get out of the arcade, you might get out a dicitonary and look that up.

58. Harani says:

Here is James Wiz and his few words in french.  Personally, I think it’s super cute. Have a feeling we’re gonna like him! Seems like a really down to earth guy.

And Boone…tonight’s game is 7:30pm start.

“It must be love!”

59. keepthefaith says:

How many times has a guy scored like crazy in the minors and then came to the big show and scores nothing? Too many. How about Max-pac right now. One goal he scored from behind the net. An even smaller center is not going to help him i wouldnt say.

60. Max_a_million says:

There is a big difference between scoring goals, and not as well.

In fact the entire outcome of hockey games is based upon scoring goals.

61. zak says:

Dustin Boyd is scoring like mad in the Ahl and guess who his center is.

62. keepthefaith says:

Theres a big difference between AHL and NHL.

63. Max_a_million says:

That Desharnais kid seems to do it everyone.

Lower the pressure on Gomez, and move him to left wing on the third ‘energy’ line.  He wouldn’t have to take faceoffs either.

Let’s score some goals here.

64. avatar_58 says:

OH….terrible goal against the czechs.

65. Max_a_million says:

doublepost sorry … weird

66. krob1000 says:

geez I thought it was more of a girl vs guy thing myself…how did you draw that conclusion?

67. OneTimer says:

gay joke! haha, awesome! hey, want to go to the video arcade after math class? My mom says I have to be home by 5:00, how about you?

68. Ed says:

What a great thing for PK to do, especially on Christmas Day! It has to be a big boost for the sick children, & their families.

69. Barts says:

On another note, there should be a fair number of Habs fans there tonight, and Florida tomorrow, I guarantee will be like a home game.

70. Barts says:

I would like to see Desharnais get a shot as well, quite simply because he may be the catalyst to get Pacioretty going. I think Max is getting a bit of a pass because he is working hard, and going to the net, but with top six minutes you have to produce, and his one bank shot in seven games isn’t getting the job done. Perhaps a reunion with his Hamilton set-up man might be just the tonic? I’ve seen several Bulldogs games this year, and they work extremely well together.

And yes, I know he’s not the only one slumping, but he’s the only one on the top two lines who doesn’t have a Montreal mailing address.

71. avatar_58 says:

The day after I ordered mine he was benched :( We haven’t won a game since I started wearing it.

72. AH says:

I mentioned before in another comment, my son bought me a PK jersey for Christmas….I’m going to be wearing it even prouder now! Well done PK.

GO HABS GO!

73. Max_a_million says:

I want Desharnais … everyone who plays with him scores goals.  We need to start banging the drum until we get him.

74. Max_a_million says:

PK Rocks

75. Mike Boone says:

That should only be the biggest issue with this team. Gimme a break, Man!

76. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Read Arpon’s story about PK, that’ll cheer you up!

77. Barts says:

I would ease up on that, hockey players are extremely superstitious. Not to mention, contact with fans when you’re not in your own building invites all sorts of trouble.

78. T-roy West says:

Really sucks watching the habs leave the ice and a little girl with a habs jersey on holds out her hand and not one player touches it. Really pathetic guys.

79. sidhu says:

It’s part of Martin’s system.  Plus she has koodies.

80. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

It disgusts me as well – but I let it go, because they (hockey players) give in huge donations for those in need of help. That makes me forget everything else. But you’re right – definitely leaves one bitter after watching something like that.

81. Just A Guy says:

looking too much into the fact he won’t play on the top 6 this year? he seemed focused earlier this year, but I agree, going through the motions perhaps?

82. Barts says:

Ya, since he was drafted.

83. sidhu says:

Benny seems indifferent — has seemed indifferent for a while.

84. habs001 says:

many posters blame martin for the lack of offense on the team…but the reality is martin knows the only chance this team has is goaltending,team d and special teams…the team not scoring should not be a suprise based on the following stats

goals per game this year         carreer goals per game

plecks                        .30                                        .26

camm                         .33                                       .36

ak46                           .27                                       .27

gion                            .32                                       .33

gomez                         .14                                       .18

pouliot                         .19                                       .23

halpern                        .16                                       .18

lapps                           .13                                       .13

moen                           .08                                       .08

darche                          .19                                       .10

pyatt                             .03                                      .05

these 12 forwards combined are scoring at .17 goals per game pace this year…their career pace is .18…there should be no suprise on the number of goals we have scored

85. habs001 says:

the forwards we have are what they are…all of our forwards are basically producing at a pace as in previous years…eller is too new but looks like his offensive production will not increase till next year…maxpac has looked better in the few games he has played than last year but the jury is still out on him if he can iscore in the nhl…

86. Shiloh says:

Hey – the live blog is up. It’s sort of like playing the lottery,. Loved The Wiz that period, but we have to get another one by Sir Cedric the Pout.

87. Ron says:

Please PG as a New Years resolation go out and get our two senior citizens out of town on trades and get us 2 more wizis. He is playing well and 2 more like him would solidify this d. What a treat to watch JW handle the puck in all zones.

88. Keith says:

Could it be the HIO server is cursed?

89. JIMVINNY says:

Pleks is really getting roughed up tonight.

90. Shiloh says:

Gomez is brutal – a rush-killer.

91. JIMVINNY says:

Got to be kidding me…

92. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

WOW – Too many men….are you serious…

93. Wayne says:

I say, bench JM!

94. JIMVINNY says:

Too many men again?

95. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

WTF TOO MANY MEN AGAIN???

WTFFF

96. JasonM says:

This is pathetic… TWICE?

97. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

That is GROSS

98. JIMVINNY says:

Someone needs to answer for that.  Totally brutal.

99. Keith says:

OMFG that is just poor!

100. Wayne says:

That’s embarrassing! Back to Back 2many men?

101. Shiloh says:

The. worst. ever.

102. JasonM says:

Gotta say it… weak one on Price. Top glove.

103. oshawahabsfan says:

Get off your knees Price!

104. CHsam says:

Was that Subban for the TMM ? BRUTES. @#@$@$. Nice going.

105. scrowe21 says:

Announcers were saying Subban was the guy supposed to be getting off the ice on BOTH too many men penatlies..

106. Shiloh says:

Weak goal as well.

107. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

That was weak Price.

And Martin WTF

108. JVF says:

Bad goal. Inexcusable TMM penalties…

109. C3P1 says:

I mean, a 5-on-3 for a power play with stamkos and st louis? kind of hard to stop

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

110. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Another Nintendo avatar, I see :-)

111. king ddd says:

did anyone notice how fast opposing teams ‘ stars dipise pk so quickly, richrads in philly, richards in dallas, lecav tonight crosby in pitts

112. Wayne says:

But then teams figure it out. It’s simple. Hold the blueline and/or funnel the attackers to the outside and take away the middle by covering second and third attacker heading to the slot.

113. HabFanSince72 says:

Started off well but we failed to pressure Desjardins who looked shaky.

Our offence is still not in gear.

114. Just A Guy says:

The good sign is we’re doing everything but scoring goals, which is also the bad thing. The habs have collectively become Chris Higgins. Just kidding, it will come. Maybe even later in this game.

“But still they lead me back
    To the long winding road….”

116. Chris F says:

The team has hit rock bottom. We need a shake up. Martin needs to go, besides teaching a tired 5 man system, which does work at times, JM is not capable of teaching to the level of Boucher in TB. Yes, TB has more fire power on one line than we do in all four combined, but we have speed, and we are not playing a system that allows us to use it. Maybe if we open things up we get shelled for 6 a game, I’m not sure, but we can’t score, and we are not going to win games 1-0, or make it to overtime and win shoot-out games 2-1.

Yes, we are tired, it looks like very tired. This road trip during the Holidays is the worst schedule in the league. This guys are human, they have families, too many games, too many nights. Whose responsible for allowing such a debacle in the schedule?? Is this league anti-habs or do we have some say in allowing this??

I’m tired of seeing Martin shake his head after terrible penalties, we are a man down more than any other team in the league. How many times can Pouliot hook someone in the neutral zone before he’s sat? Are you kidding me? Lapierre is useless, I’ve been saying for years he’s a glorified figure skater, but wow, can he skate. Did you see the 4 on 2? What a play he made with the puck to hold onto it and shoot from the goal line, so creative it made me sick.

For the love of God, “Give someone else a shot”. Bring up White, sit down Pouliot and Lapierre, these two guys are just terrible. Pouliot falls, hooks, and glides his way thru a game. He’s simply not playing like a man, I hope he’s reading this. Lapierre, he played well in the playoffs, what happened? I guess Dominic Moore was really important. We can’t score, and have no toughness, not a good combo. What can we do to push back after we get behind? Right now, it looks like absolutely nothing. Depressing to watch really. Our only goal came on speed and someone bull dozing their way into the oppositions net, there’s you first clue boys.

117. habsfan0 says:

LOL..the day the Habs hire a unilingual English head coach (Muller) is the day Quebec declares itself unilingually English.

118. DOAHABS says:

What a sadsack bunch of hapless habs,….even price has returned to his medicore form. no silverware since ’93 & I doubt we see any for the foreseaable future,

119. habsgirl74 says:

has anyone considered the fact that Martin has just lost the room and they don’t want to play for him or his style anymore, you can’t have goal scorers playing a defensive style, they need to let loose to play their game and have fun again instead of the young players worrying all the time that if they make a mistake they will be sat for a few games. A player is not going to play his best having that in the back of his mind constantly but its just a thought.

120. leadbari says:

They have finally made p.k. invisible………..

121. showey47 says:

In all my years of playing or watching hockey i don’t think i’ve ever seen one team get 2, too many players on the ice penalties within 45 seconds.

122. habs001 says:

last year we finished 23rd in goals for now we are 22nd…our forwards have not over achieved but they have scored at the rate they have scored in their entire careers…when we were winning games we were still scoring 2-3 goals most nights…the scoring will not increase as this is a pure talent issue and this is the talent we have..our non original hab forwards scored at the same rate as they are scoring now when they were with other teams.

123. DearyLeary says:

They should send the tape in to the hockey hall of shame.

124. DearyLeary says:

We’ve scored 1 goal per game on this trip.  We’re underachieving right now, not earlier on in the season which inflates our numbers.

125. Hali_Hab says:

i agree about JM… he has to go. If one or two players stoped scoring then  i would question the player.. but when the whole team stops you have to start questioning the coaching. The team looks poor all around, the defensive zone play is horrible and almost like a 3 stooges act, they generate 0 offence off the rush with the acception of the odd harmless shot down the wing. which is use less un less you have some one to get to the net. which brings me to my next point .. the ever elusive BIG center that we have all be talking about for more than the last decade, we desperatly need one. I know they dont grow on trees but PG has to make a play for some one.

Also the lack of activity behind the bench ..martain looks life less, I am certain there was more fire in my living room right around the time of those two beautiful bench minors… i dont know if  his lack of ability to express passion behind the bench sends any kind of message to the players or not but when i look at other benches the head and  assistant coaches are talking to each other as well as engaging the players which is somthing that might come in a lil handy when you are dealing with younger players. or you could always just bench em because that seems to work HA!  In the case of old JM i think that the game has progressed past his style of coaching … so much so if he were a computer he woudl be a commodore 64….. well maybe not but you get the idea.

“After 13 years, I couldn’t accept to be number two.“
    Guy Lafleur.

126. CHsam says:

Probably Leaf trolls flooding the server…..

Toooooo many men on the ice. For the love of beer, what the hell is that ? Shameful. Just shameful.

JM, what are you going to do now ??!? ugh

127. Hali_Hab says:

Agreed. its hard to compete with a team made up of complimentary players… espically when they play in a JM system..

“After 13 years, I couldn’t accept to be number two.“
    Guy Lafleur.

128. Hali_Hab says:

“After 13 years, I couldn’t accept to be number two.“
    Guy Lafleur.

129. hansolo says:

Sorry to have to say this in my first post but I think this is more than a “usual” slump that every team goes through. There are serious systemic problems with the team which can’t be blamed on the schedule or fatigue or officiating.  It can’t be that the team of last years’ playoff run has all of a sudden lost its talent. I think the coach has lost the team. It’s obvious that punishing youngsters, juggling lines and calling out players in public hasn’t worked. When AK46 was having a great beginning of the season, all the coach could say was that it must be because it was his contract year.  I wouldn’t want to play for such a coach either.

130. habaholic68NJ says:

I hate Martin.  I hate the 5 man always-move-together System.  In hated it all of last year and all of this year.  I hate the constatnt line juggling.  I want to see passion and creativity.  I am not getting it with Martin and his system.  It only works with lights-out goaltending.   If Martin gave Price a rest every 5 games, he might be able to keep on fooling us that we are a contender.  But the reality is that are we as bad as the NJ Devils.   Martin must go.  Now.  Put Muller behind the bench and let the players play.

131. T-roy West says:

If you don’t think it is an issue Mike then that’s fine. It is however not just the Habs that do it but a lot of teams in the NHL. Just an example of what’s wrong with the NHL today. I just don’t like to see those things happen and yes there are a lot of issues with this team. As well as your server. We kind of depend on HIO on game nights and has been letting us down lately.

132. T-roy West says:

I did and it did!

133. redgorf says:

redgorf

haBS001 YOUR NUM BERS ARE RIGHT, BUT WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE NAMES I CAN’T NAME ONE THAT IF YOU SAID HIS NAME CANADIENS WOULD JUMP AT YOU IMMEDIATLY,

134. C3P1 says:

good price is getting the break tomorrow…he needs it

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

135. scrowe21 says:

another weak goal.. great.

136. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Laps really throwin the body tonight

137. JIMVINNY says:

Whose fault are those two penalties, really?  It’s easy to blame the coach, but could it just be players jumping in when they’re not supposed to?

138. Wayne says:

MO shift here.

139. Habnofear says:

Today we find out if Tampa is the Habs farm team or the Habs are the Lightnings castaways?

140. K-hab25 says:

Wouldn’t that be the other way around?

141. HabFanSince72 says:

How the hell did the refs not call that?

142. sidhu says:

This would be a good time for a time-out — we are reeling.

143. T-roy West says:

I know, I know but she was just a habs jersey wearing little girl. Such a little gesture would make such an impression on someone so small.

144. Shiloh says:

Clear hook on AK – no call.

145. Maksimir says:

Why do French Canadian players seem to absolutely feast off the Habs?

I know people say that they get pumped up when playing them but still – is it just me…  but it feels like Francophones have magic sticks when on the ice playing against the Canadiens.

146. JasonM says:

That Price turnover just allowed the other team to play in their zone for 45 seconds after an alkready long shift.

147. HabFanSince72 says:

We look stoned.

148. Barts says:

Not sure who the team in white was in the first ten minutes of the game, but it’s back to status quo now.

149. Keith says:

In all of my years of watching hockey, I’ve never seen a two man advantage against because of two-many-men calls. Just awful!

150. oshawahabsfan says:

Will Spacek ever get a shot on net, come on!

151. Barts says:

BRUTAL PLAY by Lapierre there, give the puck to someone who knows what to do with it, bonehead.

152. RGM says:

That was what? 3, 4, 3 and a half on one? I’m of the mindset that unless it’s Sidney Crosby carrying the puck, there should be a least one pass on a play like that. And Maxim friggin Lapierre is no Sidney Crosby.

153. wild flower says:

four on ones need work

154. Danno says:

4 on 1 and no shot on goal….

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

155. T-roy West says:

Man I would target guys like Rene Bourque and David Backes for forwards for the top 6 and maybe one of either Bieksa or Tom Gilbert for defence.

156. JasonM says:

One goal tonight. Did we meet our quota?

157. Propwash says:

I’m housesitting in St Lazare. And the Bell dish they have here is completely fubar. The hidef signal is great for about an hour and just slowly dies. I really don’t know what is the problem with his setup here.

158. Barts says:

I was just about to write, “ever get the feeling that it’s only a matter of time?”

159. C3P1 says:

WTF SPATCH

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

160. JasonM says:

Hamrlik is playing a very bad game.

161. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Off Spacek and in …what is with this guy trying to score on his own net all the time…

162. JIMVINNY says:

What a load of sh*t.  That should have been a penalty against stamkos.

163. Keith says:

Well thats just brutal!

164. oshawahabsfan says:

I’d like to hear the explanation of how that counts

165. Max_a_million says:

We are going to lose this game on two two many men on the ice penalties …

How many have we had lately.  That is a &*@$%*& coaching issue!!!!

166. JIMVINNY says:

Laps is lighting suckers up tonight.

167. Barts says:

Why shouldn’t it count?? There was a delayed penalty on the way on Spacek, cause he couldn’t handle Stamkos and then his useless ass hit the ice where it deflected in off him…. pretty simple.

168. oshawahabsfan says:

Spacek getting a penalty for getting slew footed, that makes all kinds of sense doesn’t it

169. Barts says:

Watch the replay, he was on his way to the box for handling Stamkos…til the puck hit him that is.

170. Harani says:

Can the Habs increase #DanEllisProblems? If the Habs have trouble scoring tonight, I will seriously break something!

“It must be love!”

171. DearyLeary says:

I’m getting to this point as well.  Subban, Price, Gorges, Eller, and Pleks are the only roster players I want moving forward.  I’m sick of mediocrity.  Hell, if we could ship PK and some picks/prospects for Couturier I’d be happy.

172. Rob D says:

By this team’s standards, tonights game was an offensive explosion. A goal and a goalpost! Woo hooooo..

I saw the Ottawa 67`s a few times in the last month. Trust me. they are a better team in terms of playmaking, passing , breakout passes, poise and heart at THEIR level than the Montreal Canadiens are at the NHL level . And they know how many men they have on the ice most times.

I want a lot of guys moved out at the trade deadline..way too old on the backend (liked the Wis pick up though)

. I think we can officially give up on the Pouliot experiment (he’s not really good at anything..reminds me of a jack of all trades (like Jason Ward)..master of none. AK is doing his usual thing which involves showing up for 2 shifts a night if he’s really “feeling it”. If not, you won’t hear his name at all. But he’s been beat up enough by us. I would rather watch just about any other team in the NHL right now. And I am a long time Habs fan. I can put up with mediocrity but I just cant stand stupidity and lack of concentrated effort.

I don’t want to waste the best years of Price and Subban with retreads from other teams who can’t do it anymore. But I am willing to finish near the bottom if it means a rebuild. This team was put together for one playoff run and it’s over.

173. CharlieHodgeFan says:

There are a couple of nice sub-plots – will our new defenceman take some of the heat off of a limping and stumbling D-corps? Will the scorers get some mojo back? Will Pacioretty, Pouliot and Eller begin to cash in some of their promise? Will Subban stop his MAB run and get back on track as a defenceman? And, most importantly, even if they lose, will the Habs stop playing so flat and boring?

And Boone – remember – Napoleon attacked and General Kutuzov retreated to defend his 0-1 ‘lead’. He only counterpunched once Moscow had fallen and burned,  and the French lost their cohesion as an army. It looks to me like a metaphor for one of those :”let’s only skate hard in the last three minutes of the third” scenarios….

174. Harani says:

Here’s a nice anecdote about P.K. Subban written by Arpon Basu. On Christmas day, Subban took the time to bring gifts and visit the children at the Montreal Children’s Hospital. It shows you the character he has. Amidst all this benching and what are surely tough times for him, taking a moment of your off day to do that is truly touching. Read the story here.

“It must be love!”

175. wild flower says:

Earlier in the year, Price stops that.

176. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Off spacek and in, I don’t expect any goalie to stop that lol

177. sidhu says:

Strong shifts by PK and Max

178. Shiloh says:

Can’t figure out how that goal counted.

179. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

yeah of course….more penalties…

180. JIMVINNY says:

Total BS.  After what they’ve let both teams get away with, that is NOT a penalty.

181. RGM says:

2P 8:10: Can anyone remember the last time Benny did anything useful?”

He scored a goal back on 12/10 against Detroit. -6 and one measly assist since then.

182. The Teacher says:

Subban is the man.

183. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

ARGH this game is getting on my nerves

184. oshawahabsfan says:

As per usual don’t call the same play on them but as soon as a Montreal player does it….

185. Wayne says:

Just some all around shit playing by the Boys here. Discouraging.

186. Exit716 says:

Nice discipline in the opening minutes with consecutive too many men on the ice penalties killed the momentum and now it’s loss number five coming up. What a joke.

187. Max_a_million says:

No way you can tell me that Lapierre is more useful out there than Desharnais would be!

188. HabFanSince72 says:

We had a good 10 min.

Then stopped playing and more importantly stopped thinking.

Gonna be a long season folks.

Time to bring in Patrick Roy as coach?

189. AH says:

The opposition has two goals; we’re screwed.

190. JasonM says:

An extremely undisciplined period the Habs are doing. Not making themselves any favors here gving Tampa another PP.

191. JVF says:

2 goals, 12 shots.

192. sidhu says:

Sit Benny, call up White

193. HabFanSince72 says:

They all suck tonight.

Its the centennial fiasco redux.

194. RJB says:

Really? I guess Carey should have anticipated the puck going off Spacek

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

195. Hockey Socks says:

Trade Wisniewski lol

196. HabFanSince72 says:

They all suck tonight.

Its the centennial fiasco redux.

197. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  How is that not a trip?

198. scrowe21 says:

Wiz must think hes already at the Bell Centre with all the Habs fans there.

199. CHsam says:

Oh wow. Lapierre. If only you could back up the trash talk with skills.

200. king ddd says:

i smell a wizbomb

201. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  How is that not a trip?

202. Chuck says:

Some folks will use any excuse to complain.

Centre Hice: Bringing a knife to a gunfight

203. CHsam says:

Oh wow. Lapierre. If only you could back up the trash talk with skills.

204. topher5468 says:

Lappiere is useless, why is he still on the team, Subban can hit people, and turn the puck over,  but can he make a tape to tape pass

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

205. JVF says:

Sily penalty. Eller to Hamilton, Desharnais to Montreéal? For a dozen games, at least. I mean, Lards has 6 points in 40 games on a team that can’t score while Dustin Boiyd has nine goals in eight games playing with the little(st) man…

206. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Anemic……just so anemic…..

207. Wayne says:

See how Tampa is forcing the point men? Boucher is schoolong JM.

208. Wayne says:

See how Tampa is forcing the point men? Boucher is schooling JM.

209. Barts says:

Another great night for the Habs, and the server.

210. DearyLeary says:

Well, over the last 10 games only the Devils are worse than our Montreal Canadiens… I hate it when they convince me they’re going to be a good team.

Their compete level has been 0 on this road trip. Nobody is skating, nobody is skating to space, nobody is making a good first pass, nobody is shooting, no puck support… everything they could possibly to do make sure they lose hockey games, they’re doing it.

At this rate we’ll miss the playoffs, and we threw away a 2nd rounder for an overachieving Wisniewski. Upset…. I’m certainly getting.

Fire Jacques Martin… for the love of god fire this hockey robot who hates his players. What kind of idiot coach not only allows his team to take a too many men penalty but take another too many men call while they’re killing that penalty? If you can’t manage your bench during a penalty kill you have no right coaching in the league.

211. bolder says:

JM’s dull style of hockey just got schooled by Guy’s fire & passion system.

Its so obvious, that several players have no interest playing for that dull f*** and his mumbling under his breath communication skills. Get rid of this goof already!

212. DearyLeary says:

Lets go over the goals…

5-3, due to two consecutive too many men penalties.   He might have stopped it, but goalies have to hedge their bets in 5 on 3s.

Stamkos mugs one of our defencemen in the crease, we get the penalty, and it banks in off the fallen defender.

Stamkos stops during the penalty shot, it should have been blown dead, but wasn’t.

Thought he had the puck frozen, as did the rest of the team, and Stamkos pots it in the empty net.

No ‘confidence’ goals.  A little fleecing from the refs, but no goalie is going to be stealing games on a long road trip when his team averages one, that’s right, one goal per game.

213. habs001 says:

the server issue is either very incompetent IT workers or internal sabotage …may be same story of the habs

214. Chuck says:

…never mind that Spacek had Price’s pad pinned up against the post so that he couldn’t get across for the last goal.

Centre Hice: Bringing a knife to a gunfight

215. DearyLeary says:

We gave away a 2nd rounder, and this slump might knock us out of a playoff spot when it comes crunch time.  Wisniewski wasn’t impressive in this game, nor has he impressed me in his time with the Islanders.  He’s an overachieving defenceman, and Gauthier blinked when the team started slumping.

Lose a pick, very possibly miss the playoffs, and have nothing to show for it next year.

216. wild flower says:

Earlier in the year, Price stops that.

217. Hali_Hab says:

I am losing faith in our coaching staff, why would any one  put two left shots and two right shots together as defensive pairing’s?  it was painfull to watch and was obviously a BIGGG help to our already anemic PP. I am no coach but i would think it best to put people in a position to use their abilitys to suceed and thus build confidence… but apperently the habs bench is the twilight  zone………………………..“After 13 years, I couldn’t accept to be number two.“
    Guy Lafleur.

218. DearyLeary says:

Not only that, but who in god’s name takes two consecutive too many men on the ice penalties?  If Martin can’t manage his bench properly on a penalty kill he has no right to coach in the NHL.

I have never seen a team killing a penalty take a too many men penalty.  Never.  That was the turning point, once Carey gives up one goal this team doesn’t want to play anymore.

I suspect, les boys, aren’t going to get a warm welcome home after this road trip.  Because this has been pathetic, and a potential season killer.

219. coachdoug says:

This is a bad slump…team looks demoralized….leaders gotta step up and get the ship righted…mostly we need some goals from the goal scorers…Cammy, AK46, Gionta…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

220. danp says:

Interesting night. Desjardins was the better goalie. The Habs have not played as a team in over a month. Coasting to get off the ice. Coasting into the scrums. Reaching instead of skating. One guy with hustle – Pleks. The rest are skating in slush.

221. Chuck says:

Habs started sucking at the same time that the HI/O server started sucking. Coincidence?

Centre Hice: Bringing a knife to a gunfight

222. habs001 says:

scoring on this team was pathetic all last year..in the playoffs same thing accept camm and gion became very hot..everyone else was pretty bad..metro,ak74 and mab,moore were let go which is over 35 goals from a bad scoring team …their replacements have not made up for them…but as i have posted earlier most of our forwards are on their usual goal scoring pace based on their careers…it is not that we are under performing in scoring but this is what we are in offensive ability…

223. Propwash says:

To the pricks that are flooding HIO’s server……….. Fah-Q

The team is playing like they don’t care anymore. Disturbing to say the least.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

224. Ron says:

The Habs are just like the HIO server, put a little pressure on them and they both fall apart. At least the server comes back in the end. Must have bought the server at a Thrift Store. What a lifeless crew and that I blame on JM, he has to go. Does this man ever open his mouth during a game except to take the odd breath. You wathch other coaches and at least there is some fire in them. JM just looks lost and it rubbing off on the players.

225. DearyLeary says:

I’m gonna say this until I’m blue in the face.

Two too many men on the ice penalties in a row. Who on earth can’t manage their bench during a penalty kill!?

226. Propwash says:

Seeing that Desjardins is having his first NHL start, I’m hoping that the nerves will get to him and the Habs can pot a couple past him.

227. king ddd says:

guys what happened to neufiedog, havent seen him in a while

228. Sheldon says:

I heard he “put himself to sleep” after the Isles game!

229. Sheldon says:

The Habs just have to observe the 11th Commandment of Hockey: Don’t Suck!

230. Sheldon says:

Cedric “The Entertainer” is starting for the Bolts? The Habs are as doomed as doomed could be!

231. deggy24 says:

Geez, we get worse every game. What I saw, maybe 20 minutes, I would rather have Souray than the shrimpy Wiz. Next up, if you want to be a good hockey team master the 4 foot pass. We were doing it early in the year, now we’re on to 60 footers, and we look like amateurs picking them up. So many things wrong with this team right now if I was the coach, I would sit in the coaches room with the other coaches, drink a texas mickey the night before the game, show up before the game, give them the lines, and have only the players go to the bench, while the coaches and I sleep off the night before. They couldn’t do any worse. The only way this is going to get any better is if they get some little tidbits of advice and you put it in their hands. Let them work it out. Coaching isn’t helping. Let them figure out the way they want to do it.

(Also bring the little guy, White, and Boyd up and let them play together).

232. rogieshan says:

Unfortunately, as well as Boyd is playing in Hamilton, he would now have to clear waivers to be recalled.

233. BJT says:

Hello everyone. I have decided I shall provide you with but one profoundly insightful tidbit o’ enlightenment today to prepare you for the game to come in approximately 21 minutes, 34 seconds, and 5 milliseconds – and it is this: Hal Gill has freakin’ huge shins. Seriously, they’re like 1/3 of his height.. and that’s a lot.

That is all.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry.. ‘Sub-BAM! What a hit!’
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

234. Propwash says:

I gotta ask….. What the hell were you doing so close to his shins???

235. Sheldon says:

Did I read that right? Wisniewski traveled with Timo to Tampa Bay?

236. CHsam says:

Timo showed him what it means to be a beast on both ends.

237. HabFanSince72 says:

‘xept in the NHL it ain’t the coach’s job to tell the players when to step on the ice.

238. DearyLeary says:

Well, they had 5 on the ice for a looooong time.  I’m sorry if you can’t fathom it, but player management is part of coaching in the NHL.

239. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Man, why does it seem like that every single rookie goaltender gets his 1st career match-up against the Habs? Hopefully this guy isn’t Neuvirth.

And Habs please, none of that perimeter hockey today, go to the net!!

240. Sheldon says:

And a guy from Quebec to boot!

241. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Any links to the game? Thanks guys.

242. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Link is not working though.. :\

Is it just my computer?

243. Sheldon says:

I am having a problem as well.

244. Sheldon says:

Both ends of what?

245. BJT says:

Nice try, but my incredibly observant observations were made from my computer, as I observed the welcome screen to the Habs website. I’m dead serious. They have him shrunk so he is the same size as everybody else, and his shins are like double everybody else’s.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry.. ‘Sub-BAM! What a hit!’
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

246. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Found a decent link. http://alpha2zulu.net/a2z_channel_2.html

247. Keith says:

And the Wiz gets an assist! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

248. Ron says:

Big bench problem for sure.

249. andrewberkshire says:

There goes the Desjardins shutout!

250. punkster says:

Cedric the Magician shall disappear!

***Subbang!!!***

251. JIMVINNY says:

Rough start for CD.  LOL.  love it.

252. JIMVINNY says:

Rough start for CD.  LOL.  love it.

253. JasonM says:

James Wisniewski is now -17

254. Danno says:

Good start. Leggo my Eggo.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

255. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Delay of game? OH GOD

256. MikeMcLaren says:

Wisniewski = more gooder than MAB.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

257. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

258. Propwash says:

I can swear someone is dDos’ing the HIO server. This only happens during games. (Denial of service attacks)

259. showey47 says:

good start for the wiz so far.

260. Chuck says:

Was the new HI/O server assembled by the trolls?

Centre Hice: Bringing a knife to a gunfight

261. punkster says:

Haven’t got the avatar thingy worked out yet?

***Subbang!!!***

262. Exit716 says:

If Montreal had any luck around the net, they’d be up 6-0 by now.

Boucher doesn’t seem to stress too much defense.

263. JIMVINNY says:

That should have been a goal.  Again with the missed chances.

264. punkster says:

I’d highly suspect one of our more grumpy posters to be behind that. Someone with a grudge maybe? Just too coincidental.

***Subbang!!!***

265. JIMVINNY says:

where did that penalty come from?

266. Exit716 says:

Pouliot leads the team in taking stupid penalties and being from a dead end Franco Ontario town.

267. Danno says:

Count Chocula seething with rage!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

268. showey47 says:

So the hamr gets a delay of game and benny gets a weak assed hooking call. Lets see who rides the pine :)

269. HabFanSince72 says:

If not  luck I’d settle for mere skill.

270. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Two strange whistles now early on…..hope this doesn’t continue (although it helped that time)

271. JasonM says:

Hey, what is going on with this website?

272. Just A Guy says:

sloppy change after that PP, could have gotten tagged for too many men.

273. Propwash says:

It wouldn’t suprise me, dDos attacks aren’t hard to do but they are illegal. I hope the Gazette IT guys find out who is doing it, but stuff like that can be hard to trace if you know what you’re doing.

274. JIMVINNY says:

someone messed up the lighting there for a couple seconds.

275. showey47 says:

Which avatar do you see? I see my new one of me holding the grey cup over my head.

276. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Great avatar, showey!

277. larisalapointe says:

“Carbo on Carey:  Has to become the goaltender he was at the beginning of the season. Such insight!”

Price is to Carbo what Inspector Clouseau is to Chief Inspector Dreyfus. LOL

Wiz had me at his Mr. Freezie gesture to Sean Avery

278. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Interference is still a penalty, right? ugh

279. JIMVINNY says:

Pleks just had his stick ripped out of his hands.  Tampa’s getting away with some “stuff” here.

280. Keith says:

Crash, bang again goes HIO. Nice game by the Habs so far. I like the Wiz. Just what  we needed.

281. larisalapointe says:

I’m seeing the one you always had showey.

Wiz had me at his Mr. Freezie gesture to Sean Avery

282. Mike Boone says:

Don’t ask …

283. showey47 says:

Really? Odd,i can see my new one.

284. Exit716 says:

Don’t Tell?

285. JasonM says:

It’s a highly debatable one.

286. deggy24 says:

Okay then forget the Boyd thing but include the little guy, White, the Texas Mickey, the 4 foot pass, sleeping in the dressing room, and whatever other sage advice I had. Ain’t getting done without the players taking over now. Let them call the shots, run their own game. Coaches? Coaches? We don’t need no f* coaches.

287. larisalapointe says:

New Brunswick! So don’t worry. lol

Wiz had me at his Mr. Freezie gesture to Sean Avery

288. DearyLeary says:

To be honest, this list contrasts two completely different sample sizes and has no bearing on the fact that on this road trip the team has been averaging one goal for a game.  Price has been playing well, but i don’t know many goalies who are going to steal 5 away games getting only one goal in support.

289. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  How much you wanna bet Vinny has something to say about PK’s respect level after the game.

290. Just A Guy says:

Haha, way to go Subban. They can’t change him, its great.

291. oshawahabsfan says:

I’m not really one for fighting, but PK vs. Vinny would be interesting

292. JVF says:

Pleks, The Wiz and Cammalleri are playing with an edge. If only Benny knew the meaning of the word…

293. Keith says:

So, Mr. Boone, is that you standing in front of Jacques, er Napoleon’s horse? Neither of you looks very happy.

294. sidhu says:

Great period for the Wiz — he has a hard shot, skates well, hits, makes nice passes,

He will be a huge help for us, and he couldn’t have arrived sooner.

Sign him now, PG! (Okay, I may be getting ahead of myself.)

My prediction still is that the Wiz and Malone will fight.

295. T-roy West says:

Yeah I can see that, lol.